Homepage Garage Wiki Register Social Groups Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
#Camaro6
Go Back   CAMARO6 > CAMARO6.com General Forums > 2016+ Camaro: 6th Gen Camaro general forum

AWE Tuning

Old 06-04-2015, 09:06 PM   #29
Clearly_Canadian

Drives: 2017 2SS Camaro
Quote:
Originally Posted by Westgate360mw View Post
Still got the iroc? When i went looking for a monte like mine I was stuck on red or black Irocs
Unfortunatly no, I stripped it down to build a '93 S10. I had 10 years with the Iroc and it was time to switch things up. I am looking for another Iroc (88-89) to build now. I really didn't count on missing my Iroc so much. Kinda a sore spot with me now so its time to do another.
Clearly_Canadian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2015, 09:35 PM   #30
Millertime555

Drives: 2016 Camaro 2SS M6
Quote:
Originally Posted by ULTRAZLS1 View Post
17 with a 455 hp camaro ss that can hit 100 mph in like 10 seconds.

Sounds like a smart move.
There's only one reason you want a camaro ss. If not buy the turbo 4. Which is still too much car for you.

Not sure how you convinced your parents this is a good idea. They are either very nieve or don't care about you. Or those parents who can't say no.

I wouldn't be alive today.

Also just about every kid I knew got in at least one small fender bender with their first car.

Good luck.

Side note... Have you ever even driven anything like this before? If not I really don't think you understand what your getting into. The things this car will do. It's not like bombing around on the back roads with your friends in your average car. For example... The first time you give this car too much throttle mid corner... Your done.
Your parents born yesterday or what ?
At first I thought "This guy has a point...", and at the end I knew "This guy is just disrespectful". When someone asks for an opinion of those with experience, just tell them what to expect, not how stupid they and their parents are for even thinking about this.

Oh, and it's naīve.
Millertime555 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2015, 09:40 PM   #31
hotlap

Drives: 20 1LE 2SS M6 Rally Green
Quote:
Still got the iroc? When i went looking for a monte like mine I was stuck on red or black Irocs
Speaking of Montes... My first new car at age 21 was an 84 SS. Photo from 1987 before I sold it

My parents never helped me get cars, I just spent a large portion of my income on them
Attached Images

"the trouble with our liberal friends is not that they're ignorant; it's just that they know so much that isn't so.”
Ronald Reagan -

Last edited by hotlap; 06-05-2015 at 06:23 AM.
hotlap is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2015, 10:16 PM   #32
ULTRAZLS1

Drives: 14 Silverado LTZ Z71, 16 Camaro SS
Quote:
Originally Posted by Millertime555 View Post
At first I thought "This guy has a point...", and at the end I knew "This guy is just disrespectful". When someone asks for an opinion of those with experience, just tell them what to expect, not how stupid they and their parents are for even thinking about this.

Oh, and it's naīve.
I inferred the possibilities of why it's happening. I'm not sure. Guess it came off harsh.

It's a bad idea period. That's my opinion.

Thanks for the spell check.
ULTRAZLS1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2015, 10:18 PM   #33
Trans damm

Drives: Trans am
Go get it. You live once. Just be responsible. My first car was a brand new WS6. My parents paid for most of it. I never wrecked it, and I knew the second I screwed up it was gone. Never got in trouble with the law or messed with stuff I shouldn't have. (Maybe a few girls but that's it) Where I live I see 17 year old kids in brand new 100k+ Mercedes E63's daily, they will walk most all Camaros too.
Trans damm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2015, 11:44 PM   #34
pilot996

Drives: vrod muscle
Quote:
Originally Posted by ULTRAZLS1 View Post
I inferred the possibilities of why it's happening. I'm not sure. Guess it came off harsh.

It's a bad idea period. That's my opinion.

Thanks for the spell check.
You implied; the reader infers. :-p
pilot996 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2015, 06:13 AM   #35
djm96z28

Drives: 2012 Camaro 1SS LS3
I've always liked those Monte Carlo SS's. I'd keep driving that if it's in good shape, which it appears to be. Keep it clean and enjoy.
djm96z28 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2015, 08:02 AM   #36
Westgate360mw

Drives: 2013 SS l99
Quote:
Originally Posted by djm96z28 View Post
I've always liked those Monte Carlo SS's. I'd keep driving that if it's in good shape, which it appears to be. Keep it clean and enjoy.
wouldnt trade her for the world man, if i bought something else id trade my newer monte for it, its a 2002 dale earnhardt edition but the jackwang who owned it before me peeled the stickers off but left all the signatures in the dash and stuff i thought it wouldve been worth more by now

Stock L99 with visual mods only
Westgate360mw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2015, 08:22 AM   #37
Bassment

Drives: 2016 Red Hot 2SS M6
Have you got an insurance quote for it yet?
Bassment is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2015, 08:27 AM   #38
EE7

Drives: New
I would take the money buy a cheap beater and start a business with the rest, but that's just me.
EE7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2015, 09:00 AM   #39
fastball
Banned

Drives: 2017 Camaro 2SS 6MT
I don't know, I remember when I was 17 I wanted a new car too. My parents could easily afford one for me but instead I got my stepdad's 1985 Buick Regal when I was 19 in 1997. He bought a new Grand Prix GT coupe and gave the Regal to me. It had 120,000 miles, leaked oil, had rusted out door seams under the chrome trim, and the old 3.8 2bbl carb V6 and a 3 speed automatic. Slower than molasses.

Let me tell you, I had more fun with that car and great memories with it for the 2 years I had it. I was proud to have it because it was my first true sense of freedom from my parents and becoming an adult.

When I sold it it had 155,000 miles on it. I maintained it but could not stop the rust and wasn't going to invest $5,000 in body work to properly fix and paint everything in a car worth $800.00. But I have great memories of it. Drove lots of friends around, driving around Downtown Cleveland when the Indians won the AL Championship in 1997 until 3:00 in the morning with people on my hood and trunk When I sold it the headliner was sagging. I think my girlfriend's footprints were still visible in it.

At 37 today, I wouldn't do half the things I did with my first car at 19. When you grow up and mature you realize what's kids stuff and what's adult stuff.

So you just have to ask yourself, would you really want to do all that stuff in a brand new, high quality, $40k car/
fastball is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2015, 10:47 AM   #40
KILLER74Z28
MOD SQUAD

Drives: 2G1FT1EW9A9100666
This topic is always a touchy one, so lets remember to keep it respectful when posting.

My opinion is do what you like, especially if you can afford it.

Just remember there comes a great responsibility when owning a vehicle with this much performance. If you respect the machine and the power it has, there should be no issues at all. It's when you don't, that's when bad things can happen...

At 16 I was a motor head because of my father and I wanted to have a bad ass car just like him. My dad taught me to respect power and speed. My first car was 69 Firebird 400 with 360 HP and I had no issues at all.

Now, have you looked into what insurance is going to rape you for?

Who cares about the Blue Oval crowd and their little Ponys? We're getting our Camaro back-and it'll be Supercharged!-MDAII
Team LS3
KILLER74Z28 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2015, 11:54 AM   #41
ULTRAZLS1

Drives: 14 Silverado LTZ Z71, 16 Camaro SS
Respect this respect that. Be responsible. Hes 17. He wants a camaro...ss... I live in reality.

Kids get killed every year around here doing stupid stuff. Or kill someone else. Might as well give them a better chance. World would be a lot safer place if we could give every kid a new 12 second car to drive.

If it's so safe... Check that insurance price compared to someone 25+ with no tickets. It's not debatable it's unsafe and risky. Maybe he will get lucky and or more responsible than most. But it wouldn't be my kid...

Have fun and be safe. The one thing I didn't realize was watching out for others when I was your age. I worried about myself obviously but had no idea everything that could happen. It's impossible. I was 16.

Long story short I was involved in a fatal accident where someone was killed when I was 16. I was driving. Known probably 7-8 kids since high school and after that have been killed or killed others. Happens every year almost.

Be careful.
ULTRAZLS1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2015, 12:29 PM   #42
Jugdishian

Drives: 2015 2SS 1LE
Quote:
Im looking to finance a camaro 1ss with a cosigner and i was wondering if anyone has anything to say about that
Its a big mistake. I did the exact same thing at your age and it was the worst decision I could have made. Being strapped to a big car note and insurance payment at that age created a ton of stress in my life. Much more than any pleasure I got from the car. My friends were impressed at first and a week later nobody cared. While they were going out on weekends, dating, partying, I had to work to support that payment. In retrospect I should have bought a used car with a very low pmt or a beater for cash. You will have plenty of time in your life to get a new car and in my opinion this is the worst time for you to do so.
Jugdishian is offline   Reply With Quote