Go Back   CAMARO6 > Members Area > General Automotive + Other Cars Discussion

Phastek Performance

Old 04-30-2014, 11:44 AM   #43
Ringo64
Forever Pontiac

Drives: 2012 Black 2SS/RS
Quote:
Originally Posted by Muscle Car Memories View Post
Fox news is where I saw it...several months ago but it really doesnt matter your gonna defend the bailout and im not, but either way its over and lets move on.
I trust Forbes over Fox news but whatever I am just curious. I don't have all the answers and like to fact check, learn, etc... I do support the bailout as it saved us (US gov) from spending a lot more money and saved a bunch of jobs.

http://www.forbes.com/sites/joannmul...ound-any-more/

I didn't say all, I said the "agreed upon amount", source:

"Taxpayers recouped about $39 billion of the $50.1 billion pumped into GM in late 2008 and 2009..."

Mostly due to the gov not cashing in on stock right away. Not GM's fault if that was the agreed upon payment method.
Ringo64 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2014, 11:45 AM   #44
McRat

Drives: 2010 ZR1 "Satan"
Quote:
George Bush and not Obama actually started the bailout....
No.

Obama cancelled the Bush bailout plan. He cancelled the next offer as well. Finally he agreed to a much more detuned version of the bailout that was Union Friendly.
2010 ZR1 "Satan" no times yet.
2013 Volt SCCA Solo2 #771 HS3.
And a bunch of Duramaxes.
McRat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2014, 11:47 AM   #45
Muscle Car Memories

Drives: 2015 Camaro 1SS,6 Speed,NPP Exhaust
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ringo64 View Post
I trust Forbes over Fox news but whatever I am just curious. I don't have all the answers and like to fact check, learn, etc... I do support the bailout as it saved us (US gov) from spending a lot more money and saved a bunch of jobs.

http://www.forbes.com/sites/joannmul...ound-any-more/

I didn't say all, I said the "agreed upon amount", source:

"Taxpayers recouped about $39 billion of the $50.1 billion pumped into GM in late 2008 and 2009..."

Mostly due to the gov not cashing in on stock right away. Not GM's fault if that was the agreed upon payment method.

It's all good man, too bad us taxpayers didnt get a bailout!

I see your in Naples?....I am too out in GGE.
Muscle Car Memories is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2014, 11:48 AM   #46
The_Blur

Drives: 2018 Harley-Davidson Street Bob
Send a message via AIM to The_Blur
Quote:
Im not trolling but what you wrote there is a matter of your opinion. With that being said, I will drive my bailed out Chevy, Ford or Dodge long before I ever buy an import....
I'll be more blunt. A propeller is less effective at producing thrust than a gas turbine, but someone is going to claim the propeller is somehow better at flying a plane than the gas turbine. That makes them wrong, and it also makes them an idiot.
warn 145:159 ban
The_Blur is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2014, 11:49 AM   #47
MikeSVX
The magic smoke genie....

Drives: Jewels (2010 RJT 1SS)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Trob85 View Post
I get what your saying mainly like Prius or hybrid owners I see more smugness from them than anyone else. Me I'm a Chevy guy family built race cars chevy engines always drove Chevys ect. I've owned a bit of everything ford, Mazda, Mitsubishi I'm just more comfortable with chevy. It's always the guys that get mad when a little crap talk is exchanged they get super butt hurt and talk the most s*#t.

For the Hyprid guy's just point out all the pollution caused by the manufacturing the plastic of the $10K worth of batteries that will be sent to the dump in 5 years, when they go bad and need to be replaced.
Old 04-30-2014, 11:50 AM   #48
Ringo64
Forever Pontiac

Drives: 2012 Black 2SS/RS
Quote:
It's all good man, too bad us taxpayers didnt get a bailout!

I see your in Naples?....I am too out in GGE.
Yup! Nice man. You drive into Naples any?

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk
Ringo64 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2014, 11:54 AM   #49
Muscle Car Memories

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ringo64 View Post
Yup! Nice man. You drive into Naples any?

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk
Yea a few days a week, I work from home so my big days out are usually hitting wally mart on Juliet...

Isnt there a cars & coffee here in Naples somewhere?

This photo on my avatar was taken at that gas station on immokelee and randall next to the fire station.
Old 04-30-2014, 11:55 AM   #50
c5Legend
Camaro5

Drives: 2010 Camaro 2LT
I jst hate Ford cause I used to drive one and it was a piece of shit (i was in HS)

Also cause (some) Mustang owners are straight up douche bags.. If you own a nice car be prepared for a Mustang owner to try and race you or drive wrecklessly around you in traffic.

My Build
'11 Chrysler 300 Limited / '10 Camaro 2LT
c5Legend is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2014, 11:55 AM   #51
attymf

Drives: 2017 SS
I like all the cars (not much ricers cause 99% of the time they are not done "right")
If a company makes a good product I will buy it. Usually end up in a GM car though.
My brother in law is a loyal Ford guy. He bought a Lincoln Navigator and I bought a Tahoe back in 2003. Ten years later he couldn't believe how well my car held up compared to his despite the fact I had 200K miles and he had like 86K. Then he drove mine and couldn't beleive how much better mine drove and just admitted it was all around so much better than his.

So of course, his Navigator blows up a year later and he buys another one! Now in a few years in the new one, Tranny issues, suspension issues etc. He bought it cause it was cheaper (Expedition). I agreed. Cheap!

SS, A8, Procharger, M&T's and stuff...
attymf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2014, 11:56 AM   #52
McRat

Drives: 2010 ZR1 "Satan"
Quote:
Originally Posted by MikeSVX View Post
For the Hyprid guy's just point out all the pollution caused by the manufacturing the plastic of the $10K worth of batteries that will be sent to the dump in 5 years, when they go bad and need to be replaced.
8 years / 100,000 miles on traction batteries. The newest generation are expected to last more than 10 years. Perhaps 20.

Lead acid batteries and Alkaline small consumer batteries are a far larger threat.

LiPo batteries are not popular enough yet to determine a good recycling program. Mostly because very few have failed.
2010 ZR1 "Satan" no times yet.
2013 Volt SCCA Solo2 #771 HS3.
And a bunch of Duramaxes.
McRat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2014, 11:56 AM   #53
Muscle Car Memories

Quote:
Originally Posted by c5Legend View Post
I jst hate Ford cause I used to drive one and it was a piece of shit (i was in HS)

Also cause (some) Mustang owners are straight up douche bags.. If you own a nice car be prepared for a Mustang owner to try and race you or drive wrecklessly around you in traffic.
Ive owned them all and sometimes you get a bad one....Ive also had alot of Camaro V6's and Dodge Neons try and race me so it works both ways..
Old 04-30-2014, 11:59 AM   #54
Muscle Car Memories

Quote:
Originally Posted by attymf View Post
I like all the cars (not much ricers cause 99% of the time they are not done "right")
If a company makes a good product I will buy it. Usually end up in a GM car though.
My brother in law is a loyal Ford guy. He bought a Lincoln Navigator and I bought a Tahoe back in 2003. Ten years later he couldn't believe how well my car held up compared to his despite the fact I had 200K miles and he had like 86K. Then he drove mine and couldn't beleive how much better mine drove and just admitted it was all around so much better than his.

So of course, his Navigator blows up a year later and he buys another one! Now in a few years in the new one, Tranny issues, suspension issues etc. He bought it cause it was cheaper (Expedition). I agreed. Cheap!
You would be surprised at how well the Camaro drives and rides compared to the Mustang but the Mustang design is also 10 years old, so we'll see how the 2015's do. The 5.0 motor screams up top thats where it usually outruns the Camaro's but it doesnt have the low end power of the Camaro....
Old 04-30-2014, 12:05 PM   #55
revychevy

Drives: 2010 2SS RS LS3
Quote:
Originally Posted by shaffe View Post
It's not just the ford people, or gm people, or the dodge people, or the honda people etc etc. its the blind brand loyal fanboys I have a problem with. The ones who no matter what swear that their brand is better than the competition. the ones who swear they will never own a different brand then the one they currently own. The people who believe their preferred brand was touched by the hand of god are the ones I have a problem with.
I think people have a right to like what they bought ( just don't be rude to others ) there is no reason why if I like Chevy or like Camaro I should have to own a say a Prius to not be a fanboy or think my chevy was touched by the hand of God. ( If he WAS touching cars I'm sure it would be Camaro over Prius!
Old 04-30-2014, 12:08 PM   #56
jrhagen
Banned

Drives: Camaro
Quote:
Originally Posted by Evergreen6 View Post
It's not worth losing friends or insulting people because of what they drive or what kind of cars they like. Heated discussions about cars AND politics are even worse.
Tabboo subjects: cars, politics, religion and is your wife pregnant?
jrhagen is offline   Reply With Quote