#Camaro6
Go Back   CAMARO6 > Members Area > Off-topic Discussions

Phastek Performance

Old 05-20-2013, 03:50 PM   #1
2001ragtop

Drives: V8 american car
Iron Man part 3 plot

I want to mention this about Iron Man 3:

I have a STRONG feeling lots of people might be "upset" about who the Ben Kingsley character is being compared with.

Guy Pearce's character said something like "Oh yeah, him, him and him...yeah they are all fakes"....playing a role...someone else bigger behind the scenes....etc."

I guess enough time has passed that it's okay to just go ahead and say that in movies now.

I just was surprised they did that. They also mentioned lots of other things on "other" topics you normally are not allowed to discuss out loud.

Very interesting movie that was....
2001ragtop is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2013, 04:08 PM   #2
PoorMansCamaro

Drives: Really Slow
just watched this movie yesterday, it was great! just about as good as the first one, if not better!
Old 05-20-2013, 04:23 PM   #3
CamaroSkooter
Retarded One-Legged Owl

Drives: 2010 Black Camaro 2SS
Wait, what are you concerned with again? I'm not following...

My VIN = 2G1FK1EJ9A9105017
Build Date: 04-23-2009 according to:
http://www.compnine.com/vid.php
CamaroSkooter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2013, 04:28 PM   #4
Camaro_Corvette
36.58625, -121.7568

Drives: Team 1LE
Not following you either.
Old 05-20-2013, 05:22 PM   #5
jewel25
Mother of PWA Babies

Drives: 2011 RJT 2LT/RS
Great movie. IMO best one of them all.
Old 05-20-2013, 06:26 PM   #6
AZCamaroFan
Camaro6 2016-2018

Drives: sometimes
Quote:
Originally Posted by 2001ragtop View Post
I want to mention this about Iron Man 3:

I have a STRONG feeling lots of people might be "upset" about who the Ben Kingsley character is being compared with.

Guy Pearce's character said something like "Oh yeah, him, him and him...yeah they are all fakes"....playing a role...someone else bigger behind the scenes....etc."

I guess enough time has passed that it's okay to just go ahead and say that in movies now.

I just was surprised they did that. They also mentioned lots of other things on "other" topics you normally are not allowed to discuss out loud.

Very interesting movie that was....
i was thinking the Mandarin was the closest we've seen onscreen to a certain terrorist....and Then..

i got the impression that they were trying to push that 'the bad guys aren't really who you think they are" In othe words the terrorists.
Old 05-21-2013, 10:03 AM   #7
CamaroSkooter
Retarded One-Legged Owl

I hate revealing spoilers, but I don't think there's any way of discussing this without doing so. So, here's my disclaimer:

Spoiler Alert! Spoiler Alert! Spoiler Alert! Spoiler Alert! Spoiler Alert! Spoiler Alert!

My biggest problem with the movie interpretation of the Mandarin (and Aldrich Killian, for that matter) is...well...everything.

The Mandarin is supposed to be a genius scientist and a "superhumanly" skilled martial artist that uses the Ten Power Rings he adapted from the technology in a crashed alien space ship as a source of power.

Aldrich Killian is supposed to be the scientist who (along with Maya Hansen) develops the Extremis virus and then steals a sample and secretly sells the virus to domestic terrorists. In the comics, he ends up shooting himself over the guilt of his actions.

But in the movie The Mandarin is just a puppet (played by a drugged up hippie actor, Ben Kingsley) for Killian in this diabolical scheme to gain control of the US through another puppet in place as the Vice President after killing the President on live TV.

So, in one fell swoop, Hollywood has effectively destroyed all of the potential conflict Iron Man could have had with The Mandarin in future films, and concurrently made the references to The Ten Rings in the first movie completely wasted and useless.

The more and more I think about the plot of Iron Man 3, the more I get pissed off at how royally Kevin Feige and Marvel Studios have screwed up the movie adaptation.

It's weird, though, because I actually enjoyed the movie for what it was: entertaining. But there was so much more potential there to explore and it just got wiped away because someone thought it would be neat to have a conspiracy theory plot twist.

And don't even get me started on how they failed to really explore the uses of all those new suits in detail.

Old 05-21-2013, 10:09 AM   #8
PoorMansCamaro

I really don't think there will be any more iron man movies, unless they are reboots. and for how well Robert downey jr did, it think it will be a long time before we see a reboot. lol

only things we can look forward to, is another avengers movie, maybe 2 more. So i'm thinking, instead of getting into full detail about the mandarin and the 10 rings, they wanted to make it the last movie of the series. but that's just me thinking out loud. lol
Old 05-21-2013, 10:18 AM   #9
AZCamaroFan
Camaro6 2016-2018

did you walk out before the end of the credits PMC? it said "Tony Ttark will Return", and Downey has already made jokes about "renegotiating" a new contract.
i don't know why the writer and director made the choice he did, but when the swerve happened in the movie it kind of let the air out of the whole thing for me.
plus early in the movie the Mandarin seemed like a realistic terrorist and then it got WAY sci-fi by the end.
Old 05-21-2013, 10:22 AM   #10
PoorMansCamaro

no, I left when the credits started. I stayed during the graphical credits, or whatever you want to call it. lol but when the black screen went up, and the normal credits started rolling, I left.

and he may be back...in avengers. lol

even if there is an iron man 4, there are tons of plots to use.
Old 05-21-2013, 10:23 AM   #11
CamaroSkooter
Retarded One-Legged Owl

Well, the Extremis stuff was already going to have to be very science-fiction-y, and I thought they pulled it off very well, honestly.

But, come on, you're already in a world where Iron Man interacts relatively frequently with gods from another planet and with a guy who can turn into a "giant green rage monster" so how could anything else be TOO sci-fi?

Old 05-21-2013, 10:23 AM   #12
AZCamaroFan
Camaro6 2016-2018

ah you missed the secret scene too. Tony's naration..he was telling one of the Avengers his story the whole time.
Old 05-21-2013, 10:24 AM   #13
jewel25
Mother of PWA Babies

Drives: 2011 RJT 2LT/RS
Quote:
Originally Posted by AZCamaroFan View Post
did you walk out before the end of the credits PMC? it said "Tony Ttark will Return", and Downey has already made jokes about "renegotiating" a new contract.
i don't know why the writer and director made the choice he did, but when the swerve happened in the movie it kind of let the air out of the whole thing for me.
plus early in the movie the Mandarin seemed like a realistic terrorist and then it got WAY sci-fi by the end.

Is this the contact for Avengers? I heard those contacts are not finalized.
Old 05-21-2013, 10:24 AM   #14
AZCamaroFan
Camaro6 2016-2018

Quote:
Originally Posted by CamaroSkooter View Post
Well, the Extremis stuff was already going to have to be very science-fiction-y, and I thought they pulled it off very well, honestly.

But, come on, you're already in a world where Iron Man interacts relatively frequently with gods from another planet and with a guy who can turn into a "giant green rage monster" so how could anything else be TOO sci-fi?
yeah i know. i also didn't like the Mark42 armor. yes it's in the comics, but it's just too far fetched...tony's in florida and he can 'call' his armor from tennessee...