Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

dave@hennessey
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > 5th Gen Camaro SS LS LT General Discussions

Closed Thread

Old 03-06-2013, 01:18 PM   #197
CRTZL1
Banned

Drives: 2013 CRT ZL1
Quote:
Originally Posted by jasonpope2003 View Post
LR and FSP have been getting at least 100HP out of cam installs.
and cheaper than SC.
and when you decide it's time for FI then you will already have all the supporting mods to get the most out of it.
Well according to Mr. Ted Jannetty (sure you know who that is ) he says the F.I. is the way to go and to not even waste your money with the cam in the L99. TVS puts over 500 to the wheels and according to him it's an absolute beast in the L99.
So with all due respect I stand by his opinions. And as far as 100 hp to the wheels on the auto that is totally possible with the cam as long as you have the supporting mods with it like headers, CAI ,exhaust...
Old 03-06-2013, 01:25 PM   #198
steel insane

Drives: 2012 2LT Black (Vengeance)
You know this

is eating all this attention up, right?

Old 03-06-2013, 01:33 PM   #199
MMC

Drives: CGM 2SS/RS, 1987 & 2014 Silverado
Quote:
Originally Posted by knitetrain05 View Post
LS3, manual 426 Hp. He said " Oh god! dont tell me, It runs like a 350 right?"I kind of thought about it from time to time. I would say 60% of the time I would say he's right. It seems like the up and go of the car would seem like a car from the 70's or 80's with a 350. I say this because of this cars weight. HP to weight is on the heavy side. It was much cheaper for GM to put a higher HP motor in the car then to make the car lighter and keep the same 426 HP motor. Too Bad they could not have gotten the weight down to the 3500 to 3600 range and kept the 426 HP motor...oh well
Really you want the performance of a Camaro from the 70's or 80's?
http://www.zeroto60times.com/Chevrol...mph-Times.html
Old 03-06-2013, 01:45 PM   #200
Sesiom Summers

Drives: 94 Z28 / 01 Z28 / 2015 50th GT
Send a message via MSN to Sesiom Summers
Quote:
Originally Posted by SSinisterLS3 View Post
After buying my SS, I loved it. I really thought I would keep it forever, then I arrived home. From the dealer to my house, I chipped the paint on the fender from a rock. After making a trip, my car looks like the front has been sand blasted. The paint quality on this car is so bad, Chevy admits there is only one coat of paint, and a coat of clear. You look at it wrong, and it scratches. I garage it, and come out going "Where did this come from?" I never drive it!!!!!
really ... none sense.. IT HAPPEN to every car in the world!

Quote:
It is SO bad, I washed it, went to my dad's, and he said "Why does that camaro look like crap?" I told him I washed it. He called bs. He went, washed it himself, with me laughing at him the whole time. When done, he threw the bucket, and said "I would never buy one of those. That would just piss me off every time I looked at it." I told him "It does. I just gave up on the paint. Wax, wash, buff.....it doesn't matter what you do. It's horrible.
your old man sure dont know how to wash a car...

Quote:
The power in the car is great, but some days it seems the car runs good, and breaks loose when you turn your head for a split second. Other days, just feels slow. This car is just simply way too heavy. Feels like the Challenger. It's bad when I have hated mustangs all my life, but the mustang.....feels the fastest.
haaaa! My brain can't hold... too much BS.. how say the challenger fells slow? WHAT THE **** ARE YOU TALKING ABOUT!

Quote:
Then there is the skip shift. The lying gauges. Tire pressure is off. Miles per gallon is ABSOLUTELY off. I got it to read 27mpg after my trip. Something is off there also. The nasty engine cover that is just pointless. The running lamps that are so cheap, Autozone sells the bulbs on the counter, seperate from the others, and it's right next to the Gumout at the register. The shifter that feels like you are shifting with a baby's head. The paint peeling under the spoiler. The frustration of trying to sync a phone to it. Parts are ridiculously expensive for this thing. It's like choosing between supercharging it, or buying another car! The halo headlights changing colors (which means they are about to blow out according to GM techs who replaced one on my car.) The cheap plastic grille that changes colors too. The body dings if it just touches against something (not like 4th gens that could take a basketball to the door.....did it with my 2000 Z28). Back seats only a three year old can get in. Visibility is so bad, most come with back up assist sensors. The most annoying thing of all. THE MOST ANNOYING THING....is you look around, and they are everywhere. So many, it just makes you sick to look at them. It has price gouged the new SS camaros to insane prices. That's the only good thing. Apparently my 2SS/RS is worth 28k on trade? Huh? Yeah...like a dealer will even come close to that.
please make it stop MAKE HIM STOP

Quote:
Then, there is the stories. People who share their stories on here of getting a new SS for 30 grand. Yeah right. BS all day. The camaro used to be a car for people who were like me when I was younger. I didn't have much cash. I wanted no features, and a big engine. That's it. Now, it is more like a luxury sports car catering to all the old guys whose wives tell them they can't have that corvette.
.... Im at the hospital or committing suicide please leave a message after the bep BEEEEEEP

Quote:
So, what is good about the car? Why did I keep it for this long? To tell you the truth, it is simple. It may sound stupid, but to me, there is no better sound in the ENTIRE WORLD than an LS engine with full exhaust. It is worth all of the trouble. The handling is great, but traction control can go stupid without warning. The shifting, although the knob just HAS to go, is smoother than the challger and mustang. Feels just like my old one. I liked that. The sheer power is all this car has. The weight holds it back, which is more disappointing than getting a date with a blonde girl to find out later it's just bleached.
In Colombia we have a world for people like you and is HUEVON!!! (sounds like GU-E-BON)

Quote:
Now, to solve this issue, I have decided I will trade it if the right car comes along. I have always wanted a viper. I have always wanted a 911 porsche. I don't even want a turbo. Just a 911 is fine. When that opportunity comes knocking, I will do it. It's bad when Paxton's kit for a V10 viper is cheaper than the V8 camaro. It takes twice the time to put it in a viper and tune it right. Hmm. All in all, the camaro is great if you want an american car. In my opinion, it WAS the best of the trio. I will not buy a mustang. I refuse to unless it is a gotta have it green 5.0. Seeing as how they like to price those at around 38-40....umm, no. That's a used viper, or a 911. The truth has come out from yet another SS owner. Great car, ruined by problems. Not big ones, but so many little ones, you feel like you are baby sitting it constantly. I barely drive it, and every day, it gets more and more chips from dust particles floating in my garage I guess. Kids don't go in there. Wife doesn't either. SO, what is it? The paint job that is so bad, Kia feels insulted.
It never was a trio!
Complete List Of Muscle Cars

Classic Full-Size Muscle Cars Classic Pony Cars 1961–1970 Chevrolet Impala 1968–1970 AMC AMX 1959–1969 Ford Galaxie 1968–1974 AMC Javelin and AMX 1967–2002 Chevrolet Camaro Classic Mid-Size Muscle Cars 1970–1974 Dodge Challenger 1968–1974 Buick Gran Sport and GTX 1965–2004 Ford Mustang 1984-1987 Buick Grand National and GNX 1969–1970 Mercury Cougar 1965–1973 Chevrolet Chevelle 1964–1974 Plymouth Barracuda 1964-1973 Chevrolet El Camino 1967–2002 Pontiac Firebird & Trans Am 1983–1987 Chevrolet Monte Carlo SS 1966–1974 Dodge Charger Modern Pony Cars 1968–1971 Dodge Super Bee 2010-Currnet Chevrolet Camaro 1966–1969 Ford Fairlane 2008-Current Dodge Challenger 1968–1974 Ford Torino 2005-Currnet Ford Mustang 1966–1972 Mercury Cyclone 1968–1971 Oldsmobile 442 American Sports Cars 1967–1971 Plymouth GTX 1953-Current Chevrolet Corvette 1968–1974 Plymouth Road Runner 2004-2009 Cadillac XLR 1964–1974 Pontiac GTO 2005-2006 Ford GT 1955-1957 Ford Thunderbird Modern Mid-Sized Muscle Cars 2002-2005 Ford Thunderbird 2004-Current Cadillac CTS-V 1992-Current Dodge Viper 2006-Current Dodge Charger 2004-2006 Pontiac GTO Classic Compact Muscle Cars 1962–1976 Chevrolet Nova 1968–1976 Dodge Dart 1970–1976 Plymouth Duster
... again... huevon

Quote:
Come on 911. Come on viper. Give me something that will put a smile on my face while in it, and out of it. Driving a camaro will always put a smile on your face. Looking at it when you get out, or get done washing it, will wipe it clean off.
I finish and now I have 3 conclusions

1. you never had a REAL camaro and you only say what stupid people say in forums like this + you compared the camaro w the challenger and the mustang like you was the stig but making some BS

2. you are like a blond girl that cry for some attention

3. you are trolling us (congrats my friend you did it you troll my day)

even if your car was the worst camaro ever produce you sounds like a drama person, let me bring some popcorn call my girlfriend and seat in the sofa so you can tell us another drama story
Old 03-06-2013, 02:09 PM   #201
AKA-22

Drives: ELLE-1
Quote:
Originally Posted by Angrybird 12 View Post
I think he just started this thread as a big joke, look 118 replies and not one more comment from him...Now where is that do not feed the troll sign? Well I can't find that one so I'll use this instead.
exactly!!!!!!!
Old 03-06-2013, 02:16 PM   #202
jd10013

Drives: 2012 camaro
had mine for a year now, and happy with how the paint has held up. I have 2 small chips, one on the door, and one on or just about the gills. pretty small, but noticeable because mine is black and the chips are white. as far as the front end, it's doing great. the "squared off" front end design has been much, much, much more chip resistant that all my other cars that have a slopping front end.
Old 03-06-2013, 02:48 PM   #203
Mr. iNCREDIBLE

Drives: 2012 2SS/RS Convertible
Quote:
Originally Posted by BreakingBad View Post
.......................oh, did i mention this car is a PITA to upgrade audio as well? need custom dash kits and adapters just to put in a head unit? get the f*ck outta here.
This is true on 90% of late model cars built around 2007 give or take a year..

the majority of vehicles today have this issue because they are not radios but information-entertainment systems that are integrated into the electronics of the vehicle.

Everything by Chrysler
Everything by GM
Everything by Ford
Everything by MBZ
Everything by BMW
Everything by Audi
Everything by Toyota/Lexus
Everything by Honda/Acura
Everything by Nissan/Infinity

since around 2007 requires major modification and moduals and kits to install aftermarket radios.

Hell my 2005 Chrysler 300 required 3 aftermarket modules, one for the CanBus, one for the steering controls, and one to bypass the vehicle amp and electronic (to prevent idiot lights and error codes on the vehicle bus) just to add an after market headunit..

roughly $500 in additional electronics to bypass the factory craptacular sound system, not to mention the $200 double din kit, because the dash cutout was odd sized.

and don't get me started on my 2010 Avalanche or my wife's 2007 Camry.

adding a backup camera to my wife's car with built in GPS cost nearly $700 for the cheapest camera and the "lockpick" device required to use the OEM screen..
Old 03-06-2013, 02:56 PM   #204
DuskSS
Bayou City Muscle Cars

Drives: 2013 2SS Dusk Edition
Quote:
Originally Posted by SSRS55 View Post
Well according to Mr. Ted Jannetty (sure you know who that is ) he says the F.I. is the way to go and to not even waste your money with the cam in the L99. TVS puts over 500 to the wheels and according to him it's an absolute beast in the L99.
So with all due respect I stand by his opinions. And as far as 100 hp to the wheels on the auto that is totally possible with the cam as long as you have the supporting mods with it like headers, CAI ,exhaust...
Um why would you waste money on a cam if you were not going to do the rest?

The TVS is nice.. but I'm going to be putting out more than it on the LS3 with the LR package which was still over 2k cheaper than a TVS and install.
And then when I bolt that TVS or ECS on next year will be well into the 700s

I know who he is but I prefer how us Southern boys play..
LMR and LR for life
530/520 SAE
Old 03-06-2013, 03:24 PM   #205
CRTZL1
Banned

Drives: 2013 CRT ZL1
Quote:
Originally Posted by jasonpope2003 View Post
Um why would you waste money on a cam if you were not going to do the rest?

The TVS is nice.. but I'm going to be putting out more than it on the LS3 with the LR package which was still over 2k cheaper than a TVS and install.
And then when I bolt that TVS or ECS on next year will be well into the 700s

I know who he is but I prefer how us Southern boys play..
LMR and LR for life

Oh and putting over 500 Hp without forced induction or Turbo....
Old 03-06-2013, 04:17 PM   #206
Brandonss

Drives: 2012 2SS RS Red tint coat metallic
I paid $31566 for my A6 2ss rs with sunroof remote start man i love my car .... if it gets scratched there are many way to fix that...........no worries no worries ...And i Love this Freaking car so much ......
Old 03-06-2013, 04:48 PM   #207
KJS

Drives: '10 RJT,'95&'14 Vette
BUH BYE...

Mine at sunset
Old 03-06-2013, 05:04 PM   #208
Obzen
Pull up Cougar!

Drives: 2016 2SS
Peace out.
Old 03-06-2013, 05:59 PM   #209
edog45

Drives: 2015 Black 1 SS
I do not understand why you bought it in the first place.Most of the things you said you don't like about the car you should have seen before you bought it unless your blind. Did you not test drive one, look in the back seat, out the windows, or under the hood? Sell it and buy a Lamborghini i have heard stories you can get one for 30 grand and you will not see them everywhere you look. Move along nothing more for you to see here.
Old 03-06-2013, 07:02 PM   #210
MrGs SS

Drives: 2013 Black SS/RS
Quote:
Originally Posted by SSGUNNER View Post
Dont let the door hit u in the<----on your way out.
Dont let the door hit u in the llama??

Performance Mods-CAI intake, APEX washer bottle relocate and scoop, Ported TB. SLP 160 degree stat, Norris Catch-can, Pfadt Tri-Y headers, BMR F/R sway bars and Arms, Corsa cat back exhaust.
Appearance Mods-Blackout kit (markers, tail lights), black tail light bezels, black chrome trunk lettering, LSR billet engine dress-up kit, sub box. Billet tensioner pulley and thermostat housing (Billetcustom), Heritage grille.

Tuned by Matt @ Florida Speed and Power
379/388 Mustang dyno

Closed Thread