Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Bigwormgraphix
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Engine | Drivetrain | Powertrain Technical Discussions > Camaro V6 LLT Engine, Exhaust, and Bolt-Ons

Old 05-02-2012, 11:22 AM   #1
bmorecam
Account Suspended

Drives: jealous vendors mad!! HAHA!!
It's OFFICIAL! I am making a switch:(

After months and months of contemplating over and over if I should go with turbo/SC, or N/A build, I finally decided the best option for me right now is to go with what I really want and what might be the best for me and my purpose, and that's to start over with a factory turbo'ed vehicle that was originally designed for FI. I am a FI freak since back in 1998. My V6 camaro is a one hell of a car that has one hell of a head turning ability, but I just don't feel 100% satisfied with it's performance.

I just want to say that you guys are one hell of a community and never once in my life have experienced such a welcome since my first day here on this forum, although we had couple issues along the line but who doesn't?? Most importantly, I have to thank vince for giving me the opportunity to work with him side by side on a personal level in bringing awesome e85 option for the LLT and the latest possible tune upgrade we been working on. I know we had some tough times before, but one thing I have to admit is that I learned sooooo much from this guy from tuning to how this LLT motor work as a whole. I also want to thank steve@mace, he is a pleaser, and I want to thank you 1000 times for giving me the the chance to help bring the first mace product ever to this US community all the way from the other side of the world. Tracy, I also want to thank you for always being there when I needed your help and just being a good overall sport.

The bad news is that I am not going anywhere LOL You guys will have to deal with me until I go blind and deaf. I will still be here and offer as much support as I can. I am still here so if you guys need any help please don't hesitate to PM me about anything

BY THE WAY....EVERYTHING IS SOLD! SORRY GUYS:( it's back to stock except for my LPE 3.91 which pulls my car like a freaking freight train even more since everything demodded. it's definitely weird
Attached Images

Last edited by bmorecam; 05-03-2012 at 12:24 AM.
bmorecam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2012, 11:35 AM   #2
JHenfling

Drives: 2010 Chevrolet Camaro 2LT/RS
Looks like your doing well on your sale i hope you stay in the community. You dont know how much you have helped me and i have learned so much by talking to you and reading your threads. I thank you and God Bless
JHenfling is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2012, 11:38 AM   #3
Jeffm
ICANHAZ

Drives: 2013 CRT 1SS/RS
what kind of car are you going with?
Jeffm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2012, 11:49 AM   #4
lscamaro

Drives: 2011 CGM Camaro LS A6
Pm sent about some things!

Click Picture for Build Thread
lscamaro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2012, 11:49 AM   #5
garcmol

Drives: 10 1LT SIM; 91 B4C sleeper Z
Ohhhhh, you gettin' an Evo???? ((saw the sale thread and the Mitsu drop ))
Old 05-02-2012, 12:12 PM   #6
GretchenGotGrowl

Drives: 11 F150 EB/13 Sonic RS/15 Z06
Traitor!

J/K, good luck with the new ride and thanks for all you have done with the LLT!
Old 05-02-2012, 12:13 PM   #7
SC2150
Account Suspended

Drives: 2012 Camaro RS, RX supercharged
Wish you well!!
SC2150 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2012, 12:21 PM   #8
Lil' Nasty
[COTW 4/13/15]

Drives: Supercharged LLT
Thanks for all you've done for the LLT! and if you are getting an Evo lol jk but thats what i would get myself
Lil' Nasty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2012, 12:28 PM   #9
67 GTO
13.453 @ 101.90

Drives: 2010 Camaro 2LT Rally Yellow
Best of luck to you and thanks for sharing all the work you did.

GMPP exhaust/JBA shorties/Vararam CAI/VMax TB/SLP Pulley/VMax IM isolator/MACE Ported IM +Plenum Spacer/IPF Tuned
67 GTO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2012, 12:37 PM   #10
bmorecam
Account Suspended

Drives: jealous vendors mad!! HAHA!!
not an evo. if I do decide to go rally than I think I would go back to where I started, an STi and to be honest, I wouldn't even spend the extra 4-5 grand and go with STi. I would do base 2013 WRX. the performance aspect is about the same. its a 13 second car with 4.7 0-60. These days you can't find a new WRX on the lot. They are one hell of a ride. I think it will either be the new 2013 twin scroll genesis cope or the ne ford ST when it come out. Couple mags did a review and the new 2013 gen coupe turbo are doing 13.8 out the lot conservative. The new DI V6 version are doing 13.6 out the showroom conservative. They all said that the 2.0T would be their pick. Cheaper, 300lb lighter, and way more fun in the corners. 13.8 turbo car straight out the showroom sound like a very very good start. Only drawback about the new upcoming ST is that it's FWD. Im not even sure yet. I will know once she is gone and I can actually relax and give some thought. its going to be fun week de-modding in between work and kids, packaging and shipping.

Not going no where LOL. Sorry you guys are still going to have to deal with me:p
bmorecam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2012, 01:02 PM   #11
KMPrenger

Drives: 16 Camaro SS, 15 Colorado
Well...now you can take her back to the dyno and do a base run! lol

But seriously I'd be lieing if I said part of me wasn't thinking "well son-of-a-b****" I am going to hate the fact that your getting rid of the beast, but I can't argue with what your doing and I'm happy for ya!

You've been one of the major contributors to our community without a doubt and everyone always stood at attention whenever bmorecam hinted at anything new coming down the pipeline for our "little" V6er.

I have to say thanks for all the help you've provided to me personally, and I should probably go ahead and just say thanks for all the future questions you are probably going to be helping me with!

But you really are going to have to let us know how the car feels when you get her back to near stock status compared to what you are used to lol. I'm guessing you are still going to have different exhaust and gearing left over on her?
Old 05-02-2012, 01:16 PM   #12
havocnmayhem2005

Drives: 1999 Z28, 2007 Saurn Aura
ive followed your threads for a long time, never posted. Hate to see you go, but you gotta do what you gotta do...lol. Also I'm glad your thinking of something other than a rally car. In my opinion, all rally cars are ugly turds. But they can be made very fast. I wouldn't buy one if I could get one for 20k brand new and it ran 12s, just based on looks alone. I did ride in an older WRX and it was very quick though. Anyway, my opinion..lol. My buddy has a 2010 or 2011 Genesis coupe 2.0t and hasn't done much of anything but it is very quick itself, but it is a manual and does not have LSD, so it just spins unless your going 60+. He's thinking of selling it, and getting the 2013 as well. Not a bad car for the money at all. only other car that I would consider, but again looks are not that great, is the Cobalt turbo cars. They run high 13s stock as well. Seen some with little mods doing 12s. and much cheaper, fully forged engine. the best 2.0t engine from any manufacturer in my opinion.
havocnmayhem2005 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2012, 01:16 PM   #13
TJ91
:chevy:

Drives: 2LT/RS
Oh wow man. To be honest. I'm not even sad because your sticking around. If you left that would suck but like Screaming aka John, if you stick around that would be awesome. And good man. I'm glad you made the decision to switch to somethig else. I on the other hand am now just waitin for the cash to do what I want.
Anyways man wish you all the best of luck! Keep us in the loop. I'm gonna send you a pm in a bit. Just woke up lol
You sold just about everything which is great, would've taken the TB off you. Let me know if your selling the ZL1 grill
If you experience Permagrin exceeding 4 hours after taking Camaro, seek immediate Camaro5 Help
CAMARO Bringing excitment back into the Garage
TJ91 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2012, 01:23 PM   #14
TJ91
:chevy:

Drives: 2LT/RS
If your going with the genesis. For the love of God, get the new turbo and do a 2010 face lift on it lol the new face on that car is trecherous. Hyundai copied the Mazda 3 grill so it looks awful. But apart from that, that little thing is a beast and doesn't take much to put some serious power down
If you experience Permagrin exceeding 4 hours after taking Camaro, seek immediate Camaro5 Help
CAMARO Bringing excitment back into the Garage
TJ91 is offline   Reply With Quote