Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Phastek Performance
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > 5th Gen Camaro SS LS LT General Discussions

Old 02-28-2011, 09:59 PM   #15
RallyYellowPlease

Drives: 2015 Camaro LT/RS
Quote:
Originally Posted by mavfan37 View Post
I'm 21. Have absolutely no credit. And bought a 2011 Camaro 2LT/RS. I put down 10k and got a 4.56% interest rate. It can be done you just need to get a good dealer and know exactly what you want. There a few dealers on this website that will deal with you. In my case... I went to Classic Chevrolet and Eric Hall gave me my deal.
Wow, so it is possible. Im not going to shoot so high, Ill settle for a LS model. So I have a good chance then with a bit more cash.

How much is your insurance. That's the part that scares me a bit.
RallyYellowPlease is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2011, 10:00 PM   #16
1Camaro2SS

Drives: 2010 2SS/RS L99
Life is too short and 50 is not guaranteed. Get one NOW! Steal one if you have to. JK
Old 02-28-2011, 10:01 PM   #17
mikeSS

Drives: 2015 c7
Quote:
Originally Posted by 1Camaro2SS View Post
life is too short and 50 is not guaranteed.Get one NOW! still one if you have to. JK
mikeSS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2011, 10:02 PM   #18
RallyYellowPlease

Drives: 2015 Camaro LT/RS
Quote:
Originally Posted by 1Camaro2SS View Post
Life is too short and 50 is not guaranteed. Get one NOW! Steal one if you have to. JK
I've been considering that! haha jk
RallyYellowPlease is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2011, 10:02 PM   #19
brantley847
v It bites.

Drives: 2011 IBM 2SS/RS
1) You are almost to the 2012 model (Late Aug / Sept)...just wait until after summer. You and I live in Florida, we can drive this thing year round..

2) Get a credit card. Pay for EVERYTHING on the card, but pay for it from your checking account IMMEDIATELY. Don't let it sit...even better if you get a card with cash reward points.

3) Save up for the next 5 months and put 3-5k down.

4) I give ya credit..you are smart for starting with the LS, you could buy a nice set of rims to get away from the steels and most people wouldn't notice the difference. You still walk away with 300+ hp. Build up some credit and maybe work your way up to the SS in a few years. If you like me, I like my stuff new...not big on the used deal. I would imagine your brother would be MUCH more likely to want to co sign for you, if you can throw down 3-5k with him.

As you saw from the last poster..the bank wants to believe you can make the payments. If you come to the table with NO money down, they will be much more inclined to deny. However, as you saw the one poster had no credit, but threw down 5-10k and he got accepted. If he had brought nothing to the table he would have been denied without a co-sign. It has absolutely nothing to do with the dealer. GMAC financing is the same across the country...it is the bank...period. Unless you have credit union, most of these banks will think very much alike.

Your insurance will float between 90-140 a month. Mine was around 115-130 for an SS with no tickets no claims before I hit 25.
Performance: 439 RWHP: 226/236 Comp Cam, Kooks 1-7/8, CAInc, Borla S type, Vmax TB, Rx Catch Can, Trans cooler, SLP 160 termo, Melling high volume, Eibach Springs/Sways 1" drop, Whiteline complete bushing kit.
brantley847 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2011, 10:06 PM   #20
=Stephens=

Drives: 2011 LS
Ok, gotta give my .02, first you have to have a down payment. Second, how many months is your loan and whats the intrest rate? Third, How much for your insurance, full coverage? Fourth, how much do you take home after taxes? Fifth, How much do you have to pay now for living expenses, food, gas, electricity, rent, cable, cell phone bill...those are a few. Now add up what you make, subtract your living expenses. And thats what you have to work with for a payment. If you have enough to live on, make your standard bills, and pay for the car. Get it. But at the age of 20 most 20 year olds I know, aren't making 50K a year. You will probably be spending all your time working for a car that sits in a parking lot while your working. And you won't enjoy it.

Here's an idea for you, at the age of 20 you could enlist into the military, reserves or national guard, with the training money and the weekend drills and annual training, you could use that money to pay for it. There is the 100% paid tuition, Montgomery GI Bill, and there is also an enlistment bonus for some MOS's. The GI bill is money the Military gives you to go to school. And MOS is Military Occupational Specialty. Some of the jobs the Army has, offer a bonus up to $40,000.00!!!!

The drawback, you have to go to Basic training, the AIT, MOS schooling, and you have to commit to one weekend a month and two weeks a year to the military. And oh yah, you might or probably have to go fight a war.

I have been mobilized 3 times for the Army Reserves and I swore I am not going to do it again. But the Army paid for my school, my student loans and put money in my pocket every month. And I will have a retirement in a year and a half.
=Stephens= is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2011, 10:59 PM   #21
Grant4160

Drives: 2011 Camaro Synergy Green 2LT/RS
That sucks dude, I know what it's like to really want a camaro, I've had to wait for a year before I could purchase mine, I think it is tougher to purchase something like this at a young age (I know, I'm 22) but it is possible, just gotta make sure you have enough to be able to live after purchasing. Just my 2 cents. Good luck on getting a camaro in the near future.
Grant4160 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2011, 11:50 PM   #22
L99CAMA2011

Drives: One of the baddest handling Gen 5s
I have bad credit buy with a good paying job and 6 grand down I got approved at a dealership that gets anyone approved. Just find the right dealership. Also I wish I waited a little longer, because the later models are going to have things the current models don't have. For example, the 2011 6 manual I was supposed to buy but was a week late, has drilled and threaded holes for strut bars from the ZL1 and you won't have to drill holes in your strut towers unlike the earlier models. I was really P off when I was having a slashed tire changed and I saw the engine bay of the 6M I was supposed to buy instead of the L99 that don't have drilled and threaded holes in the strut towers. I still love my L99 though. Remember good things comes to those who wait.
L99CAMA2011 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2011, 12:27 AM   #23
brAnd7onX

Drives: 2012 1SS IOM
Learn from my mistake. I was 21 and wanted the camaro right when it came out but couldnt get approved so I ended up getting a scion tc and enjoying it a lot but everytime i see a camaro my desire comes back x10. Now im looking to sell my tc and get the camaro in a month or 2. You only live once.
brAnd7onX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2011, 12:31 AM   #24
Revo1
Don't Like it? Suggit.

Drives: 2010 2SS/RS
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bond View Post
Keep the same job... get a credit card, and start living off it! Everytime you have to spend money.. use the card! Whenever you get paid.. pay off the card. Give it five - six months and try again! Also.. don't apply for anymore credit.. it for some reason pulls your rating down.

"Hold it in your mind and you'll hold it in your hand!"

"Tops off, tach up baby- loud and proud!"
A Camaro lover from day one- 1996 3.8 V6 Camaro, to 1996 5.7 LT1 Camaro Z28, to the sold 2002 5.7 LS1 Camaro SS, and NOW, a [I]6.2 L99 VR 2SS/RS: XS Power stainless full exhaust, Airaid CAI, BMR drop springs and sways, custom tune by Cal Speed- 411rwhp
Revo1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2011, 12:32 AM   #25
Revo1
Don't Like it? Suggit.

Drives: 2010 2SS/RS
Quote:
Originally Posted by brAnd7onX View Post
Learn from my mistake. I was 21 and wanted the camaro right when it came out but couldnt get approved so I ended up getting a scion tc and enjoying it a lot but everytime i see a camaro my desire comes back x10. Now im looking to sell my tc and get the camaro in a month or 2. You only live once.
A cautionary tale

"Tops off, tach up baby- loud and proud!"
A Camaro lover from day one- 1996 3.8 V6 Camaro, to 1996 5.7 LT1 Camaro Z28, to the sold 2002 5.7 LS1 Camaro SS, and NOW, a [I]6.2 L99 VR 2SS/RS: XS Power stainless full exhaust, Airaid CAI, BMR drop springs and sways, custom tune by Cal Speed- 411rwhp
Revo1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2011, 03:03 AM   #26
Reaper1a

Drives: 2010 Summit White 2LT/RS
lol, I traded a scion tC for my camaro
Old 03-01-2011, 03:13 AM   #27
Tricky's SS

Drives: 2010 Pace Car
Get a GM credit card and use it. Makeyour payment on time each month. You will not only earn credit, but also earn some money off the purchase of your new Camaro soon.
Tricky's SS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2011, 04:08 AM   #28
King Sun
Casual Camaro Owner

Drives: 2010 Black LS V6
the fastest way to get the car is to buy a car for like 5,000 grand and get it financed and make sure the interest rate isn't to high, get it down to where you can sell it and not loose money or trade it in for about a year then get your camaro.
King Sun is offline   Reply With Quote