Homepage Garage Wiki Register Community Calendar Today's Posts Search
#Camaro6
Go Back   CAMARO6 > CAMARO6.com General Forums > Camaro Price | Ordering | Tracking | Dealers

Phastek Performance

Old 10-29-2023, 08:49 AM   #15
jamala00

Drives: 2016 Camaro 2SS Hyper Blue Metallic
It sounds to me that Chevy/Dealership did you kind of a favor. (In maybe not such a great way) They kept you from buying a car you didn't really want to begin with. Glad you found a car you are happy with. (Genesis G70 Sport Prestige). It kind of looks like the KIA Stinger I've seen around town a few times.
jamala00 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2023, 08:59 AM   #16
Cam 6

Drives: 2018 Colorado ZR2
Quote:
Originally Posted by jamala00 View Post
It sounds to me that Chevy/Dealership did you kind of a favor. (In maybe not such a great way) They kept you from buying a car you didn't really want to begin with. Glad you found a car you are happy with. (Genesis G70 Sport Prestige). It kind of looks like the KIA Stinger I've seen around town a few times.
I did really want it. That's why I waited 7 months and did not research any other car.

Maybe it's old age, but at some point in time my patience runs out and something no longer has the same appeal as it originally had.

That's what happened with the Camaro, and my eyes were then open to alternative options.
Cam 6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2023, 09:12 AM   #17
m6-lt1

Drives: 2023 Chevrolet Camaro 2SS 1LE
Your dealer was most definitely dishonest. I had multiple dealers tell me my order would most likely not get accepted in time (I too wanted shadow gray metallic) including the dealer that I wound up buying from. An honest salesman would have spoken to the person that manages allocations at their dealership and got back to you about the likely hood of your order getting accepted. I had a few dealers tell me "no problem" about my order getting accepted but I knew better from my research on here about the allocation process. The just wanted their $1,000 deposit. One of the dealers who told me my order wouldn't get accepted even though I was first in line for a 2ss 1LE allocation called me and told me there's a decent chance of it getting accepted after he talked to the person in charge of the allocations at his dealership.

Also I don't know why you're adamant about the car coming with all seasons "from the manufacturer". They will perform just fine if not better getting them yourself. I bought an SS 1LE and will be putting on Continental DSW 06+(once someone gets them in stock) to drive in the winter.

Prior:
2016 Camaro 1SS
2007 Mustang GT
2008 Civic Si
m6-lt1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2023, 09:27 AM   #18
The Zebra

Drives: '24 ZL1 A10, '70 Olds 442 W-30
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cam 6 View Post
Thanks. It's a Genesis G70 Sport Prestige. It's not a muscle car, but I was blown away by the combination of performance, luxury and technology.
Good choice. I was right on the verge of going with the Genesis GV80 and at the last minute I flipped to the ZL1.
The Zebra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2023, 10:04 AM   #19
Cam 6

Quote:
Originally Posted by m6-lt1 View Post
Your dealer was most definitely dishonest. I had multiple dealers tell me my order would most likely not get accepted in time (I too wanted shadow gray metallic) including the dealer that I wound up buying from. An honest salesman would have spoken to the person that manages allocations at their dealership and got back to you about the likely hood of your order getting accepted. I had a few dealers tell me "no problem" about my order getting accepted but I knew better from my research on here about the allocation process. The just wanted their $1,000 deposit. One of the dealers who told me my order wouldn't get accepted even though I was first in line for a 2ss 1LE allocation called me and told me there's a decent chance of it getting accepted after he talked to the person in charge of the allocations at his dealership.

Also I don't know why you're adamant about the car coming with all seasons "from the manufacturer". They will perform just fine if not better getting them yourself. I bought an SS 1LE and will be putting on Continental DSW 06+(once someone gets them in stock) to drive in the winter.
Thanks for your perspective.

It's more about Chevy failing to deliver on a car to my dealership while other dealerships were getting multiple Camaros.

The allocation system is flawed. Chevy couldn't provide me with what I ordered in March. I found something (IMO) better, after waiting patiently for 7 months for a Camaro.

Many of you would have waited and maybe some would compromise. I chose not to.
Old 10-29-2023, 10:09 AM   #20
Cam 6

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Zebra View Post
Good choice. I was right on the verge of going with the Genesis GV80 and at the last minute I flipped to the ZL1.
Congratulations. Your ZL1 is in a completely different universe than the LT1 I ordered. I thank you for confirming my choice of the G70.

I expected to get flamed on here for jumping ship. I'm not criticizing the Camaro as a car. Geez, I waited a long time before bailing so I was all in for that period of time. I jumped ship on Chevrolet as a car manufacturer.
Old 10-29-2023, 11:09 AM   #21
jamala00

Drives: 2016 Camaro 2SS Hyper Blue Metallic
Quote:
I'll say this: The time I spent waiting gave me a lot of free time to look in other directions.
Quote:
I did really want it. That's why I waited 7 months and did not research any other car.
Well you are simply contradicting yourself in your own posts.
jamala00 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2023, 11:24 AM   #22
Cam 6

Quote:
Well you are simply contradicting yourself in your own posts.
I'm a car guy. I do check out reviews from C&D, Motor Trend, etc. on different cars. That is not in-depth research preparing to buy.

Is this an English class or a Camaro forum?

Try again...
Old 10-29-2023, 12:24 PM   #23
Cam 6

Quote:
Sorry, didn't mean to strike a nerve. They were your posts... Not mine...
You didn't strike a nerve. Just responding to you calling me out for contradicting myself.

I'll say this: I waited 7 months to get a Camaro. When the allocation date of Oct.19th passed I looked on Chevy inventory for a reasonably close build to my order. When I did not find one within 500 miles I applied learned information to investigate alternatives. As it turned out, I found one that blew me away.

If I knew more about the G70 before my opportunity for a Camaro allocation expired I very well may have bailed much earlier. But, I did not because I was waiting for the Camaro.

Chevy created this problem we are discussing. Shame on me for trusting Chevy and my dealer to deliver a car as promised. That was my mistake.

Have a great Sunday.
Old 10-29-2023, 01:17 PM   #24
SwL_Wildcat

Drives: 2024 ZL1
Quote:

Maybe it's old age, but at some point in time my patience runs out and something no longer has the same appeal as it originally had.

That's what happened with the Camaro, and my eyes were then open to alternative options.

Many here have been waiting for well over a year or two to get an allocation for the car they want. I put a $2500 deposit down in the fall of 2022 for a 2023 Camaro, rolled it over for a 2024 when it didn't get picked up by GM, and it still never got allocated. I found one at a different dealer back in August and bought it as soon as they said they got an allocation, way before it was ever built. I just got my deposit back last week from over a year ago. 7 months really isn't anything to lose sleep over, and if you really wanted a car you would be willing to jump on a plane and go get it no matter what state it was in.
SwL_Wildcat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2023, 01:33 PM   #25
Cam 6

Quote:
Originally Posted by SwL_Wildcat View Post
Many here have been waiting for well over a year or two to get an allocation for the car they want. I put a $2500 deposit down in the fall of 2022 for a 2023 Camaro, rolled it over for a 2024 when it didn't get picked up by GM, and it still never got allocated. I found one at a different dealer back in August and bought it as soon as they said they got an allocation, way before it was ever built. I just got my deposit back last week from over a year ago. 7 months really isn't anything to lose sleep over, and if you really wanted a car you would be willing to jump on a plane and go get it no matter what state it was in.
I guess I'm old enough, and stubborn enough, that I expect dealers and manufacturers to follow through when they take an order for a new $45k car. I was ready to eat the $2800 price increase and not get my color. I was ready to take on additional options to get those that I wanted. I was not ready to go anywhere in the country to get a car that should have been at my local dealer. I never should have needed to go online and search for one.

Credit to everyone that 'waited it out' no matter how long it took to get their car. And even now, will continue to jump through whatever obstacles Chevy has created, settling on other colors and options just to get a Camaro. That's not me.

Congratulations to anyone that got one. I did not but it worked out great, anyway.
Old 10-29-2023, 02:32 PM   #26
cdb95z28

Drives: 2022 1SS 1LE A10 BCD WCT+PDR
Get the 1LE and a set of winter wheels and tires. All seasons wouldn't cut it anyway so you might as well get a great winter tire. Come summer time you'll be enjoying the perfection that is the SS 1LE.

Oh, and tell your dealer to fuk off
Old 10-29-2023, 03:04 PM   #27
Cam 6

Quote:
Originally Posted by cdb95z28 View Post
Get the 1LE and a set of winter wheels and tires. All seasons wouldn't cut it anyway so you might as well get a great winter tire. Come summer time you'll be enjoying the perfection that is the SS 1LE.

Oh, and tell your dealer to fuk off
Lol. I'll definitely go with the last part. 😃

I did the dedicated winter tire set up years ago, but I just wanted to have a car I could use all year round. Not necessarily all the time, but if there was a break in the weather in Ohio I could take it out. The all-season option on the LT1 provided that opportunity.

I'm 65 and don't care to switch out sets of tires. If I were younger your option would be optimal, except if I had a 1LE I don't think I would want it in salt.

Those that absolutely have to have a Camaro will find a way to get one. I guess I'm just not in that group. There was a point where I could walk away, and I did.

Enjoy your car. 😎
Old 10-29-2023, 08:35 PM   #28
Road_Warrior85

Drives: IBM 2SSRS, 12 Jeep Wrangler 4door
Send a message via Yahoo to Road_Warrior85
I'm completely lost here.

If I'm reading correctly, the 1LE is absolutely not an option for winter driving because it comes with summer only tires.......... and you can't put winter tires on it, because doing so would indicate a failure by GM for 1. not making the 1LE capable of handling winter driving, and 2. your unwillingness to sacrifice any of the 1LE capabilities by putting winter tires on yourself.

No vehicle is made to cover every single possible driving condition.

each one has a strength and weakness that is geared more towards one use than the other.

the 1LE is a track focused car that can be driven on the street. Its not prioritized for street driving. The LS, LT1, and SS can be driven in winter conditions, but still aren't prioritized for it. Similarly, they can be driven on the track, but aren't prioritized for it.

If winter driving is the priority, get a 4x4.
if track driving is the priority, get a 1LE or ZL1
If street driving is the priority, get an Altima.

It sounds like you want perfection that doesn't exist.

Even an AT4 needs its tires changed if you want truly want to take it offroading, and thats what is is prioritized for by the factory.