Homepage Garage Wiki Register Community Calendar Today's Posts Search
#Camaro6
Go Back   CAMARO6 > CAMARO6.com General Forums > 2016+ Camaro: 6th Gen Camaro general forum

Bigwormgraphix

Old 11-10-2021, 02:38 PM   #99
Cj1

Drives: 2023 Chevrolet Camaro ZL1
Quote:
Originally Posted by Aquarius View Post
So that $43,170 they want for an LT1 will get you a 1SS with NPP and MRC, and you will still have money left in your wallet. Do as many of us on here have done and order a car built to your specs (be that an LT1 or an SS). Many dealerships are charging MSRP for ordered cars. The only drawback is you have to wait for the car to be built. Remember, the LT1 is suppose to be a cheap V8. If you are not getting the thing cheap, why get it? If you are gonna pay SS money, get an SS. If you are paying more than that, don't get a new car right now.
Is $42,000 o.t.d. including dealer/doc fees, taxes, title, tag SS trim money? Figure $38-39k before fees.

I just thought the LT1 with the A10 trans, dual valve exhuast, tech w/Bose, black strut tower brace, RS and Redline package was decent.
I am not going to track the car ever.
My must haves are the Bose and technology, the dual mode exhuast. The A10 transmission and leather would be a plus for the wife. Katzkin leather is always a good aftermarket option. The packages on the LT1 give you the red belts, knee pads, ect. It's cool, not sure if it's worth the money, but it is nice. The only thing I don't like is how plasticy everything is. Might have to see if an upholstery shop could do anything nice.

I'm looking and I did find an new SS about an hour away in White, manual trans for $45,500 with a dealer mark-up of $2000 that they are absolutely firm on.

As far as ordering cars, the unknown wait time and horror stories I've heard of weeks turning to months, I don't think I can do it. If the market was different, it'd be a different story. The LT1 is mine if I want it, will arrive at dealership between the 16th and 18th.

Thanks.
Cj1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2021, 02:41 PM   #100
Cj1

Attached Images

Old 11-11-2021, 06:08 PM   #101
Cj1

Guess I won't regret getting the LT1. Canceled my purchase as it is still 'in transit' and bought a new Challenger Scat Pack instead. Little more room in the back seat, and better quality interior. Sure it handles like a boat, but I'm never gonna track it. Handles good on the streets, good shift logic from the ZF as well. Bet I would have loved that A 10 tho. Loved the looks of the Camaro, wish it would have worked. $43,170 plus $2000 dealer mark up for the LT1, $49,700 for the Scat marked down to $48,500. It looks like I'm getting more on paper for the money. Not saying I'm right. Feels right and fits my circumstances better.
Old 11-11-2021, 06:15 PM   #102
10mm
Account Suspended

Drives: My wife nuts...
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cj1 View Post
Guess I won't regret getting the LT1. Canceled my purchase as it is still 'in transit' and bought a new Challenger Scat Pack instead. Little more room in the back seat, and better quality interior. Sure it handles like a boat, but I'm never gonna track it. Handles good on the streets, good shift logic from the ZF as well. Bet I would have loved that A 10 tho. Loved the looks of the Camaro, wish it would have worked. $43,170 plus $2000 dealer mark up for the LT1, $49,700 for the Scat marked down to $48,500. It looks like I'm getting more on paper for the money. Not saying I'm right. Feels right and fits my circumstances better.
Your logic is on point.
Plus the A10 is the best converter auto made.
Enjoy the scat pack...
10mm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2021, 09:08 AM   #103
plus1zero
Don't tread on me

Drives: 23 Sierra X31, Past 2017 Fifty 2SS
Buy once, cry once. When you're already spending this kind of money, go with the 2SS. I personally don't like the looks of the LT1 and would want people to know I had the SS when they saw the car without having to look for the LT1 emblem.
plus1zero is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2021, 01:37 PM   #104
Carzzy

Drives: '24 Camaro 2SS Conv. & '21Blazer
The LT1 is a great value! Drive train and Suspension is the same as the SS. For the extra $3500 for me, the 1SS was more of a complete pkg. SS gets wider rear wheels & tires (summer performance), the rear Brembo 4 piston brake calipers, the extra cooling, clear tail lights and rear spoiler, more aggressive looking front fascia, track drive mode and a performance instrument cluster. Also, the SS Coupe has a 180 MPH top speed vs, LT1 being limited to 149.
Old 11-17-2021, 04:50 AM   #105
Yaz8

Drives: 2022 Camaro SS
I just can’t get past the front end/grill area. No offense to anyone, I pick up my SS on Friday, but if it had the same front grill area as the LT1 I wouldn’t consider purchasing the car.
Yaz8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2021, 05:12 AM   #106
LT1ornothing

Drives: 2020 LT1 M6
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cj1 View Post
These current prices are insane. When I was shopping my LT1 in early 2020, I went to see the scat pack and a base gt. The scat pack was in the high $30K's and the gt was in the low $30K's both new. Not even a new SRT8 was anywhere close to $48.5K. You must have added a bunch of stuff to that LT1 to get it that deep in the $40K's...
LT1ornothing is offline   Reply With Quote