Homepage Garage Wiki Register Community Calendar Today's Posts Search
#Camaro6
Go Back   CAMARO6 > CAMARO6.com General Forums > 2016+ Camaro: 6th Gen Camaro general forum

Bigwormgraphix

Old 10-22-2016, 08:11 AM   #127
Red Chief

Drives: 2020 LT1 Black
Quote:
Originally Posted by SSDan View Post
Around my area high riding big dollar v-8 pickups (all models with a lot of big diesel engines thrown in the mix) are very popular. Just about any time I roll away from a light with enough acceleration to make even a little exhaust growl and one of these big guys is next to me - they respond as if its a challenge and do this loud, tire whining, diesel clattering fly-by! I don't street race so I let them slide - what would be the point anyway. They seem to equate making a lot of noise with being fast.
It's the same way in my area. Truck after truck after truck. I don't know what started that trend but it makes NO sense. Nobody uses the storage or the towing ability. They get maybe 5 or 6 days a year of bad weather to use 4WD and call in sick like everybody else.
Red Chief is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2016, 09:09 PM   #128
pdiddy972

Drives: 2017 Corvette Stingray Grand Sport
Quote:
Originally Posted by DisturbedSS View Post
The true equalizer is racing on a curved course as it takes actual skill (Ill take that challenge any day). If someone rolls past me at a stoplight looking to race 100MPH down a city street, Ill send my congrats as they "win" their brand new criminal speeding ticket.

When the soccer mom driving the new Tesla sedan in ludicrious mode smokes everyone from a standstill, guess we'll declare her a racing legend. LOL
While true, acceleration is one of the biggest benefits of these cars.
pdiddy972 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2016, 09:10 PM   #129
pdiddy972

Drives: 2017 Corvette Stingray Grand Sport
Quote:
Originally Posted by SSDan View Post
Around my area high riding big dollar v-8 pickups (all models with a lot of big diesel engines thrown in the mix) are very popular. Just about any time I roll away from a light with enough acceleration to make even a little exhaust growl and one of these big guys is next to me - they respond as if its a challenge and do this loud, tire whining, diesel clattering fly-by! I don't street race so I let them slide - what would be the point anyway. They seem to equate making a lot of noise with being fast.
Trucks are just loud and slow. They're the Harley's of the automobile world.
pdiddy972 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2016, 11:37 PM   #130
jingaling

Drives: 2016 Camaro 1LT V6 MT
The most ridiculous thing I've heard about my camaro was a question...." Is that a Corvette?" I got asked by a guy when I went to get my windows tinted and a girl at school.
jingaling is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2016, 12:28 PM   #131
gw6211

Drives: 2016 2SS
Quote:
Originally Posted by jingaling View Post
The most ridiculous thing I've heard about my camaro was a question...." Is that a Corvette?" I got asked by a guy when I went to get my windows tinted and a girl at school.
is she hot?
gw6211 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2016, 12:46 PM   #132
TopHatPlus
Account Suspended

Drives: 16 2SS NPP MRC
Quote:
Originally Posted by pdiddy972 View Post
Trucks are just loud and slow. They're the Harley's of the automobile world.
MY sportster XL1200N would give my Camaro a run for its money from 0-100 km/h... (0-60 mph)

100 LB/f torque vs 480 lbs of bike.....

I had a Guy tell me my car is faster from 0-150 km/h then a his Hellcat Charger which has an additional 15k under the hood and dyno'd @ 703 wheel HP
TopHatPlus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2016, 01:13 PM   #133
Drew66

Drives: Black Coupe
Quote:
Originally Posted by CreativeDawn View Post
@My87z28

Yeah, BMW drivers ::rolls eyes:: . . . . I see them all the friggen time here in Northern California/Bay Area! They're hands down the most aggressive (in a bad way), worst driving inconsiderate poo-stains ever to set foot on the roads!

They cut you off, they're rude, they're always in a hurry to get where really, I doubt anywhere! They just feel self-entitled! I'm sure once they're out of their vehicle (for the most part) they're a different animal! See most people act different behind the wheel in my book.

I just can't stand how the BMW has some sort of energy-field around the vehicle that turns you into a complete clammy buttmunch! :( . ... . ... I get older men in their 50s+ who tailgate all the time and surprise surprise they're in a larger BMW sedan with a "NO F*** GIVEN" on their pruny face!
I drove the same way when I drove a 73 Dodge Dart. I have had many cars over the years and I have always driven the same. I might very well be a jerk, But I have a BMW 4 series and a Camaro SS, What does that say about me? I suspect when I drove the Dodge Dart my driving style was ahead of my time, lol
Drew66 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2016, 10:09 PM   #134
jingaling

Drives: 2016 Camaro 1LT V6 MT
Quote:
Originally Posted by gw6211 View Post
is she hot?
She can get the D
jingaling is offline   Reply With Quote