Homepage Garage Wiki Register Community Calendar Today's Posts Search
#Camaro6
Go Back   CAMARO6 > CAMARO6.com General Forums > 2016+ Camaro: 6th Gen Camaro general forum

Bigwormgraphix

Old 08-15-2016, 01:17 PM   #1
reeper

Drives: 2010 HD D/A, 2015 Z06, 2016 2SS
Order vs. finding 2ss

I'm I pretty much going to be stuck ordering a 2SS if I want the following options?

MRC
Dual-mode exhaust
Ground effects package
8 speed Automatic
Performance brake upgrade

This combination seems rare especially in a color I may want. Looking for a '17
reeper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2016, 01:26 PM   #2
HumanWiki

Drives: Car
Well, you can immediately eliminate any 50th Anniv ones you see as you can't get the 6pot brakes on those nor can you add the GFX kit (per Chevy site)

Although, the GFX kit requires NPP, so if you find one with the effects, you'll know it has NPP already.

Have your local dealer try to find that for you?

I think the most difficult part will being getting 8speed auto w/ the 6pots and it not being built-to-order, as those will most likely be dealer loaded up cars that will also have sunroof and other options added in that you may not want.
HumanWiki is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2016, 01:36 PM   #3
reeper

Quote:
Originally Posted by HumanWiki View Post
Well, you can immediately eliminate any 50th Anniv ones you see as you can't get the 6pot brakes on those nor can you add the GFX kit (per Chevy site)
haha that's good. I think that will be a pretty popular car. Right now it's Hyper blue or nightfall grey. Thanks for your input..
Old 08-15-2016, 01:39 PM   #4
HumanWiki

Drives: Car
Quote:
Originally Posted by reeper View Post
haha that's good. I think that will be a pretty popular car. Right now it's Hyper blue or nightfall grey. Thanks for your input..
For the perf brake setup. How hard are you going to be tracking this car? The 6pot fronts aren't cheap and you can get rotors/pads for the regular SS that will handle and hold up quite well -- now that we know the proper front/rear fitment on SS. I've not looked for braided lines though, so I can't comment there.

Not trying to talk you out of it, but just curious on the reason as it's only a front upgrade. Not front/rear and if you're set on a car and it's only missing the brakes, you can get that after.
HumanWiki is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2016, 01:41 PM   #5
JoeP@TeamBeckyD

Drives: SS,PaceCar,ZL1,1LE,C7Z51,Z06,17-ZL1

The Ground effects package & 6 Piston Brakes
...are LPO Items and can added...

Take a Look at My Inventory - Listed Here:
2017 Camaro SS

I also have More inbound....

Becky
JoeP@TeamBeckyD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2016, 02:01 PM   #6
Egon

Drives: 2014 2SS/RS 1LE
Quote:
Originally Posted by HumanWiki View Post
For the perf brake setup. How hard are you going to be tracking this car? The 6pot fronts aren't cheap and you can get rotors/pads for the regular SS that will handle and hold up quite well -- now that we know the proper front/rear fitment on SS. I've not looked for braided lines though, so I can't comment there.

Not trying to talk you out of it, but just curious on the reason as it's only a front upgrade. Not front/rear and if you're set on a car and it's only missing the brakes, you can get that after.
I concur, if you aren't planning on tracking the car the brake upgrade is expensive and not necessary. It's expensive because you are paying for two complete sets of brakes. You can switch to a track pad when tracking and then swap back to regular pads for street driving for a fraction of the cost. There was a 6 piston upgrade on the 5th gen for about $3000 as an LPO option (dealer installed same as for the 6th Gen) but you could buy the same exact parts from the Cadillac CTS-V for half that. And on the off chance you are considering running the car in SCCA Autocross, the LPO brake upgrade will knock you out of F-Street since it isn't considered as a regular production option. (no idea if that is in the plans for you but just throwing that out there) And incase you didn't know the 1LE will come standard with the 6 piston front brakes and wider tires, but no 8 speed auto.

Regardless of what you decide I HIGHLY recommend ordering the car from the factory. This way you know that it hasn't been driven aggressively in test drives, you will get exactly what you want and no extra options, and you can tell the dealer not to wash the car and scratch the paint or prep it in the way you request. (like not installing a front license plate frame by drilling into the front bumper)
Old 08-15-2016, 02:10 PM   #7
reeper

Quote:
Originally Posted by BeckyD@RodgersChevrolet View Post

The Ground effects package & 6 Piston Brakes
...are LPO Items and can added...

Take a Look at My Inventory - Listed Here:
2017 Camaro SS

I also have More inbound....

Becky
PM sent.

I'm guessing the carbon fire fuel cover and performance air-intake (when available) can be resolved at the dealer as well?
Old 08-15-2016, 02:12 PM   #8
reeper

Quote:
Originally Posted by Egon View Post
I concur, if you aren't planning on tracking the car the brake upgrade is expensive and not necessary. It's expensive because you are paying for two complete sets of brakes. You can switch to a track pad when tracking and then swap back to regular pads for street driving for a fraction of the cost. There was a 6 piston upgrade on the 5th gen for about $3000 as an LPO option (dealer installed same as for the 6th Gen) but you could buy the same exact parts from the Cadillac CTS-V for half that. And on the off chance you are considering running the car in SCCA Autocross, the LPO brake upgrade will knock you out of F-Street since it isn't considered as a regular production option. (no idea if that is in the plans for you but just throwing that out there) And incase you didn't know the 1LE will come standard with the 6 piston front brakes and wider tires, but no 8 speed auto.

Regardless of what you decide I HIGHLY recommend ordering the car from the factory. This way you know that it hasn't been driven aggressively in test drives, you will get exactly what you want and no extra options, and you can tell the dealer not to wash the car and scratch the paint or prep it in the way you request. (like not installing a front license plate frame by drilling into the front bumper)
Thank you
Good knowledge right there.
Old 08-15-2016, 02:20 PM   #9
JoeP@TeamBeckyD

Drives: SS,PaceCar,ZL1,1LE,C7Z51,Z06,17-ZL1
Quote:
PM sent.

I'm guessing the carbon fire fuel cover and performance air-intake (when available) can be resolved at the dealer as well?

for the pm...

Yes .. when available - they can be installed.

Becky
JoeP@TeamBeckyD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2016, 02:53 PM   #10
SkipNWis

Drives: 2016/SS Has had 4 Gen 5's
I'd never order a car again. Constraint's I didn't end up with the car I ordered thanks to constraints..

SnoWhite
SkipNWis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2016, 03:55 PM   #11
Fraxum

Drives: a M6 LT1 ordered From Becky!!!
Send a message via AIM to Fraxum
Quote:
I'm I pretty much going to be stuck ordering a 2SS if I want the following options?

MRC
Dual-mode exhaust
Ground effects package
8 speed Automatic
Performance brake upgrade

This combination seems rare especially in a color I may want. Looking for a '17
Go for this:
MRC
Dual-mode exhaust
8 speed Automatic

Easy to find. The other two things you can do cheaper after you get the car.
Old 08-15-2016, 04:02 PM   #12
KenH.

Drives: 2016 2SS M6 NPP MRC
If you broaden your search to dealers that are outside of your normal area you can likely find what you are looking for without ordering it special. You know the cars you get the best deals on are the ones already on the lot.

All my vehicles are always one offs, but I search til I find exactly what I was looking for so I don't have to special order.
KenH. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2016, 05:18 PM   #13
BigCee66
I Design stuff ;)

Drives: 2016 Nightfall Gray 2SS Camaro
Quote:
Originally Posted by Egon View Post

OR get lucky like me and get one off the truck with only 1 mile on it.
Old 08-15-2016, 05:20 PM   #14
Boilermaker128

Drives: 2010 CobaltSSTC
Wow that is lucky. Damn man if only it was like .9 and read 0miles.
Boilermaker128 is offline   Reply With Quote