Homepage Garage Wiki Register Community Calendar Today's Posts Search
#Camaro6
Go Back   CAMARO6 > CAMARO6.com General Forums > Camaro Price | Ordering | Tracking | Dealers

Bigwormgraphix

Old 11-15-2023, 09:03 PM   #85
raidator

Drives: 24 2SS CE M6 convertible
22 and 23 are complete
21 work in progress
24 is current as of ~7P ET tonight
Attached Files
File Type: zip 23-all_info.zip (2.22 MB, 64 views)
File Type: zip 22_all_info.zip (1.44 MB, 36 views)
File Type: zip 21-all_info.zip (212.8 KB, 25 views)
File Type: zip 24-all_info.zip (635.7 KB, 59 views)
raidator is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2023, 08:23 AM   #86
dc_hokie

Drives: 2022 Camaro SS 1LE - Rapid Blue
You are the best!

1/05/22 - Order placed, allocation available
1/28/22 - 2000
2/04/22 - 3000
3/09/22 - 3800
4/06/22 - 4B00
4/20/22 - 5000
4/23/22 - 6000
dc_hokie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2023, 08:39 AM   #87
split_bumper

Drives: 24 ZL1, 6.2L Denali, 73 SplitBumper
All Excel docs have been updated and appear to be correct. 2024 is growing still. 23 and 22 are complete. 21 is work in progress. If anyone sees any mistakes let me know! Thanks!

https://cws.gm.com/vs-cws/vehshop/v2...FJ1R60R0111531
split_bumper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2023, 08:41 AM   #88
split_bumper

Quote:
Originally Posted by 6thman823 View Post
I think this is telling me that there are two Shadow Grey cars with the 5 RPO's and 10 cars (all colors) with the 5 RPO's?

Correct. You have 1 of 10 in all colors and 1 of 2 in that color.

Old 11-16-2023, 01:03 PM   #89
JRH11

Drives: Trying to purchase CE 2024
So the dealership I ordered through has a handful of cars on this list, none match mine, my order was not accepted, but I had thought they didn't get ANY allocations. If they have cars on this list does that mean they got allocations but didn't give me one of them, when I was the first on the list?
JRH11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2023, 01:09 PM   #90
split_bumper

Quote:
Originally Posted by JRH11 View Post
So the dealership I ordered through has a handful of cars on this list, none match mine, my order was not accepted, but I had thought they didn't get ANY allocations. If they have cars on this list does that mean they got allocations but didn't give me one of them, when I was the first on the list?

Correct. They may not have had an allocation exactly for what you wanted but if they have cars on this list it means they got allocations for an order(s).

I am seeing some similar things with dealers I was dealing with.

Old 11-16-2023, 01:24 PM   #91
6thman823

Drives: 2023 ZL1 1LE, M6, PDR, Shadow Grey
Quote:
Originally Posted by split_bumper View Post
Correct. You have 1 of 10 in all colors and 1 of 2 in that color.
Awesome! Thank you for the spreadsheet. Very cool tool
6thman823 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2023, 01:25 PM   #92
JRH11

Quote:
Correct. They may not have had an allocation exactly for what you wanted but if they have cars on this list it means they got allocations for an order(s).

I am seeing some similar things with dealers I was dealing with.
They are still saying they haven't been told that for sure my order will not be accepted, but that is what has been said here many times. The chat people just say refer to your dealer. I hate having my deposit money sit with them forever for no reason, but they say I shouldn't pull the plug yet and miss out because as far as they know it's not over... sigh.
Old 11-16-2023, 01:37 PM   #93
split_bumper

Quote:
Originally Posted by JRH11 View Post
They are still saying they haven't been told that for sure my order will not be accepted, but that is what has been said here many times. The chat people just say refer to your dealer. I hate having my deposit money sit with them forever for no reason, but they say I shouldn't pull the plug yet and miss out because as far as they know it's not over... sigh.

If they do not have a work bench order stating you are at a status other than 1100 you will not be getting an order. You should have minimum order status 2000 at this point. Have them send you screenshot of the status of your work bench order, if they even have one. If they don't have them show you what open orders they have. At this point I would think everything has a TPW posted already being there is less than a month of production left, (3300 I believe). Your dealer is playing you, or simply doesn't know how everything works. Ask to speak to a sales manager, they usually know what is going on. Over the last 8 months I had several salesmen/saleswoman not know what they are talking about, and several realized they were wrong once I told them the facts and to have their manager validate it. Even the dealer I ended up buying my car from didn't know as much as I did on the whole process. Its just sad a lot of these people who are supposed to know the proper things, just simply don't know.

I should add, if you didn't specify that you're open to your order changing, you may not have got an allocation for your car. If you were after a 2ss collectors edition, and all they got were non collectors editions 2ss's, they may have gave those allocations to other people thinking you only wanted a 2ss collectors edition. Its hard to say exactly what went on without knowing more details, but I can confidently tell you right now, that if you don't have a confirmed order, you won't be getting one. Allocations closed on October 19th.

Last edited by split_bumper; 11-16-2023 at 02:19 PM.
Old 11-16-2023, 01:55 PM   #94
JRH11

Quote:
If they do not have a work bench order stating you are at a status other than 1100 you will not be getting an order. You should have minimum order status 2000 at this point. Have them send you screenshot of the status of your work bench order, if they even have one. If they don't have them show you what open orders they have. At this point I would think everything has a TPW posted already being there is less than a month of production left, (3300 I believe). Your dealer is playing you, or simply doesn't know how everything works. Ask to speak to a sales manager, they usually know what is going on. Over the last 8 months I had several salesmen/saleswoman not know what they are talking about, and several realized they were wrong once I told them the facts and to have their manager validate it. Even the dealer I ended up buying my car from didn't know as much as I did on the whole process. Its just sad a lot of these people who are supposed to know the proper things, just simply don't know.

I should add, if you didn't specify that you're open to your order changing, you may not have got an allocation for your car. If you were after a 2ss collectors edition, and all they got were none collectors editions 2ss's, they may have gave those allocations to other people thinking you only wanted a 2ss collectors edition. Its hard to say exactly what went on without knowing more details, but I can confidently tell you right now, that if you don't have a confirmed order, you won't be getting one. Allocations closed on October 19th.
I definitely don't think they are trying to do anything shady on purpose, they are more than ready to hand over my deposit as soon as I say so, but they do keep giving hope. I was after an auto 2SS CE, I would have considered some changes, but I just kept hearing no allocations were given. They have a 2LT, 3LT, and ZL1 on that list, only the 3LT is CE, and it's manual which I'm afraid my skills aren't ready for. My first car was a Camaro at 16, I earned $2500 to pay for it myself despite coming from an upbringing that I'd never do or amount to anything. I didn't know I wanted one until someone named Todd showed up to high school with his T-Top and then I knew I needed one. That was an 86, nine years old when I bought it. It's been a lifelong bucket list to order a new Cavalier, (which I did at 19!), then a Camaro, (25 years later... and they're pulling the plug on me, sigh,) and then a new Corvette. Should have chased my dreams sooner but it always seemed like there would be time! Owning a Camaro was the first thing I ever wanted to do, the first thing I ever believed I could do one day no matter what my upbringing taught me. The first goal I ever set. I might have to just see what is available when my finances can pull it off in spring, if anything, knowing it might not happen at all. Let this be the lesson... dreams FIRST!
Old 11-16-2023, 03:15 PM   #95
JPF27

Drives: Ford Bronco
Build details

I've ordered a 1SS and am wondering how common this combination is:
Black, 2F5, 3F9, A1Y, MN6, JF5

I also ordered the red knee pads and the tower motor strut--but those are dealer installed options.

I couldn't crack the spreadsheet--if it is a PIA to let me know, no hard feelings!

Would love to know how common this build is...
JPF27 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2023, 03:55 PM   #96
Linker239

Drives: 2022 WC 2SS
Just for what it’s worth, my dealer told me GM finally removed my order from the system. They left it out there incase some weird dumb luck happened. So I’m not sure if that means GM corporate has started clearing out the unaccepted orders. I’m still on the hunt, it’s difficult finding something in the ballpark of options without a sunroof in it. The search continues.
2010 VR 1LT RS; Sold
Linker239 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2023, 03:59 PM   #97
split_bumper

Quote:
Originally Posted by JPF27 View Post
I've ordered a 1SS and am wondering how common this combination is:
Black, 2F5, 3F9, A1Y, MN6, JF5

I also ordered the red knee pads and the tower motor strut--but those are dealer installed options.

I couldn't crack the spreadsheet--if it is a PIA to let me know, no hard feelings!

Would love to know how common this build is...
133 1SS with 1LE package
89/133 are Manual
21/89 in Black
6/21 have 3F9 - red seat belts
3/6 have JF5 - alloy pedals
1/3 have 2F5 - red knee pads

there is 1 other car currently spec'd out like this with those RPO's. It is a Nitro Yellow

Hopefully this helps give you some insight.

Old 11-16-2023, 05:04 PM   #98
BatMobileLT1

Drives: 2023 Camaro LT1 M6
Quote:
All Excel docs have been updated and appear to be correct. 2024 is growing still. 23 and 22 are complete. 21 is work in progress. If anyone sees any mistakes let me know! Thanks!
Very cool spreadsheets - Found my 2023 Black LT1 very easily, thanks!
And just to check that I did this right - seems to be only ~16% manuals in 2023 and ~19% in 2024 (so far)?
I was thinking manuals were in the 30-40% range for Camaro's but looks like they are less common than that.