Homepage Garage Wiki Register Social Groups Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
#Camaro6
Go Back   CAMARO6 > CAMARO6.com General Forums > 2016+ Camaro: 6th Gen Camaro general forum

BeckyD @ James Martin Chevy

Old 05-23-2013, 11:08 AM   #29
MikeSVX
The magic smoke genie....

Drives: Jewels (2010 RJT 1SS)
What are you people taking about. My 2010 1SS is absolutly perfect.
MikeSVX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2013, 08:21 AM   #30
Kaus08

Drives: 2012 Camaro SS
For me personally I'd my the E-Brake to the drivers side.
Kaus08 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2013, 01:37 PM   #31
Frank in MD
Raining Blood

Drives: 2014 SS Performance Sedan
I concur. While I understand that the car is 97% perfect, I feel it's important to not rest on your laurels and continue to improve the car. I also have made a few recomendations of what I would like to see done to the next gen Camaro.

How about buttons that are custom cast from a mold of my fingertips. It's all about feel. GM should be able to do this while adding no extra cost.

GM could offer custom car washes by CEO Dan Akerson using only his tounge, clay bar and a squirt bottle of detailer. Those extra little touches are important to me.

I'd like a cooled steering wheel. C'mon, childrens toys have this and no one should have to grab a hot steering wheel in this age of modern technology.

I would also assert that if GM expects me to spend 30K on a performance vehicle they should grant me a waiver, allowing me to exceed the speed limit whenever I feel the need to do so.... tell you what, either that or personal "hot lanes" just for Camaro owners. GM had their biggest profit year ever recently, there's no reason they can't do this, esp. since tax payer assistance kept them from going into bankruptcy.

It's great that 2014 brings a color DIC screen but I'd like to see a color Hi-Def, LED DIC & Head Up screen with user adjustable day-night-eclipse mode, (both lunar and solar).

Give the convertible owners a sunroof option. It's 2013, why isn't this even an option?

A W12 Engine option ala Bugatti.

AWD, standard.

Better incentives and APR's. There is no real reason for not putting 5K on the hood, GM is just being cheap. Also, 0% is available on Hondas, so there's no reason Chevy can't offer that, regardless of your credit.

Lastly, the Camaro is just too expensive. GM should be able to do all of this for under 16K OTD. How are 17 year old kids w/ no credit and no driving experience going to be able to afford the car otherwise? Let's get this done!

2014 SS Performance Sedan #2974 - Red Hot 2 - S/R. & Spare. Built 01/09/14 #238 of 291 as configured
Frank in MD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2013, 01:48 PM   #32
wakespeak

Drives: 2020 ZL1 1LE
Club Racing should be a major focus for the car. I mean road course racing. The 1LE should be further expanded and called "Club Racing" with is own badging, etc. This is a nice product niche for the car and fits the performance targets.
wakespeak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2013, 08:16 AM   #33
FINALLYSATISFIED
Est.1775

Drives: '15 Challenger Hellcat (sold)
200-300lbs weight reduction can also be attained by eatting healthy and a gym routine. Look in the mirror first, especially for those ppl whom want their car to lose weight start with yourself first.
FINALLYSATISFIED is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2013, 09:01 PM   #34
OldScoolCamaro

Drives: Camaro's, always have, always will.
...without delving too far into responses....250-300 pounds in weight reduction is alot as far as times go around any competitive course. On the drag strip thats equates to .250 to .300 seconds in elapsed time.
Old 08-03-2013, 05:32 PM   #35
HuJass

Drives: GM
Quote:
Originally Posted by JimE View Post
15) bluetooth - road noise doesn't affect bluetooth. Bluetooth is a data connection, outside noise, including road noise has no effect.
I think they're talking about the voice command functions part of MyLink.
Sounds like the mic is picking up road & wind noise.
2004 Colorado ZQ8
2002 Trans Am WS6 Collector Edition
1999 Blazer
1994 Grand Prix SE B4U
HuJass is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2013, 01:38 PM   #36
mandra

Drives: 2011 Camaro SS2RS M6
Call me crazy I would like it to be the weight of my 67 RS/SS with the same rear seat room. A 350HP turbo V6 that gets 30MPG would be great as long as they made a strong bottom end that could be modded up to maybe 500 without changing out the bottom end.

Just a tip to know. If you put the rear wheel with tire on a scale and it reads over 70Lbs you're doing it wrong!
mandra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2013, 02:06 PM   #37
Evil-Bee-NH
603 Camaros

Drives: 2017 NGM I4 1LT Coupe
I'm happy with the cars we have but they might wanna invest in better exterior paint quality and less plastic inside.

MY 2017 I4 CAMARO BUILD JOURNAL | YOUTUBE | INSTAGRAM | 316RWHP - 385 RWTQ HPTUNERS DYNO TUNE | 12.693s @ 105MPH 1/4 Mile
Evil-Bee-NH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2013, 07:38 PM   #38
Rockhead
Hoser.

Drives: 2018 Z06
Less weight
More power.
Or at least an 8-Track player!
Old 09-21-2013, 11:44 AM   #39
Ernie Rossi

Drives: 2013 camero ss2 convertible
ALL OF THE ABOVE ARE GREAT IDEAS, THE hURST SHORT THROW SHIFTER IS AWESOME AND SHOULD BE STANDARD EQUIPMENT. CAR HANDLES BAD ON CURVES, SUSPENSION NEEDS TO BE BEEFED UP AND A LOWER CENTER OF GRAVITY SO YOU ARE NOT THROWN TO ONE SIDE WHILE EXITING THE FREEWAY AT ANYTHING OVER 30MPH. GAUGES LEAVE A LOT TO BE DESIRED, NAVAGATION SYSTEM IS POORLY DESIGNED AND TAKES A ROCKET SCIENTIST TO OPERATE. ENGINE COMPARTMENT LOOKS LIKE A TINKER TOY OR MADE FROM LEGOS, REALLY CHEAP, CHINSY LOOKING. A MUSCLE CAR THAT HAS AN ENGINE THAT LOOKS LIKE A TWINKIE.
Ernie Rossi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2013, 09:25 PM   #40
detox

Drives: 2002 ss camaro
If GM ever made the perfect Camaro or truck we would stop buying the next year models ....GM knows this. I like the 2014 Camaro or Silverado more, so i will trade up...cha-ching

Last edited by detox; 09-22-2013 at 11:15 PM.
detox is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2013, 09:37 PM   #41
FitterMike

Drives: Camaro
7 speed manual? Why do we want to shift more I find 6th gear useless most of the time now. Not necessary IMO
Avante Garde F241 20x10 Front 20x11 Rear
Pioneer Stage 4 Sub x2, Pioneer Stage 4 3Way Components, Pioneer PRS 2 Channel ICE Amps x5
Magnuson TVS2300, Pfadt Tri-Y Headers, Roto-Fab Intake
Follow me on Instagram @flawlessdetailsinc
Tuned and Built by Davenport Motorsports.
FitterMike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2013, 10:19 AM   #42
hrpiii
AKA "Beefcake"

Drives: 2023 ZL1 Sharkskin
Quote:
Originally Posted by Frank in MD View Post
I concur. While I understand that the car is 97% perfect, I feel it's important to not rest on your laurels and continue to improve the car. I also have made a few recomendations of what I would like to see done to the next gen Camaro.

How about buttons that are custom cast from a mold of my fingertips. It's all about feel. GM should be able to do this while adding no extra cost.

GM could offer custom car washes by CEO Dan Akerson using only his tounge, clay bar and a squirt bottle of detailer. Those extra little touches are important to me.

I'd like a cooled steering wheel. C'mon, childrens toys have this and no one should have to grab a hot steering wheel in this age of modern technology.

I would also assert that if GM expects me to spend 30K on a performance vehicle they should grant me a waiver, allowing me to exceed the speed limit whenever I feel the need to do so.... tell you what, either that or personal "hot lanes" just for Camaro owners. GM had their biggest profit year ever recently, there's no reason they can't do this, esp. since tax payer assistance kept them from going into bankruptcy.

It's great that 2014 brings a color DIC screen but I'd like to see a color Hi-Def, LED DIC & Head Up screen with user adjustable day-night-eclipse mode, (both lunar and solar).

Give the convertible owners a sunroof option. It's 2013, why isn't this even an option?

A W12 Engine option ala Bugatti.

AWD, standard.

Better incentives and APR's. There is no real reason for not putting 5K on the hood, GM is just being cheap. Also, 0% is available on Hondas, so there's no reason Chevy can't offer that, regardless of your credit.

Lastly, the Camaro is just too expensive. GM should be able to do all of this for under 16K OTD. How are 17 year old kids w/ no credit and no driving experience going to be able to afford the car otherwise? Let's get this done!
This is just pure crazy talk, except this one. OMG, we NEED this

I would trade my 2010 for this. If not this, I'm keeping my 2010, it's perfect the way I have made it.
hrpiii is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
2015 camaro, 2015 camaro forum, 2015 camaro forums, 2015 chevrolet camaro, 2015 chevy camaro, 2016 camaro, 2016 camaro forum, 2016 camaro forums, 2016 chevrolet camaro, 2016 chevy camaro, 2017 camaro, 2017 chevy camaro, 6 gen camaro, 6th gen camaro, 6th gen camaro forum, 6th gen camaro forums, 6th gen camaro info, 6th gen camaro news, 6th gen camaro rumors, 6th gen chevrolet camaro, 6th gen chevy camaro, 6th gen chevy camaro forum, 6th generation camaro, 6th generation camaro info, 6th generation camaro news, 6th generation camaro rumors, 6th generation chevy camaro, camaro 6th gen, camaro 6th generation