Homepage Garage Wiki Register Social Groups Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
#Camaro6
Go Back   CAMARO6 > Members Area > Past Camaro Fests > 2017 Camaro Fest (VII)

BeckyD @ James Martin Chevy

Old 04-13-2017, 09:18 AM   #85
hookerf14

Drives: Camaro
Ralph, who are you coming down with?
hookerf14 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2017, 12:15 PM   #86
sscamaro

Drives: 2010 2SS, 2017 Silverado LTZ
Quote:
Originally Posted by hookerf14 View Post
Ralph, who are you coming down with?
Steve Godbold and I are going together. We'll be at the host hotel. Is your cell # the same? 708-955-**** What car are you bringing?
2010 2SS/RS Victory Red, MN6, 1-7/8 Kooks LT Headers, SLP Axle Back, Edelbrock E-Force S/C, ZL1 Fuel Pump, 72# Injectors, JRE fuel rail upgrade, Roto-Fab CAI, Elite Catch Can, Billet Hurst Shifter, DSS 1000HP axles, Spohn Trailing Arms, Toe Links, Lower Control Arms. Chrome American Racing Torq-Thrust wheels. 546/rwhp & 522/rwtq & 10.9# boost Tune by Jeremy Formato.

Last edited by sscamaro; 04-14-2017 at 10:08 AM.
sscamaro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2017, 02:30 PM   #87
hookerf14

Drives: Camaro
yes on the cell phone. Don't know yet on the car. I still don't have a hotel room. Jeremy had called me and told me about the event. BG is closer to me then any other Fbod gathering. Then I saw you and others were going, Scott S for Tom Henry and Jeremy and you... so I thought... well maybe I will go this year.
hookerf14 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2017, 10:11 AM   #88
sscamaro

Drives: 2010 2SS, 2017 Silverado LTZ
Quote:
Originally Posted by hookerf14 View Post
yes on the cell phone. Don't know yet on the car. I still don't have a hotel room. Jeremy had called me and told me about the event. BG is closer to me then any other Fbod gathering. Then I saw you and others were going, Scott S for Tom Henry and Jeremy and you... so I thought... well maybe I will go this year.
The host hotel is booked, but there are a lot of hotels nearby. Check the hotel post above for more info. I'll call you when I get there an you can do the same.
2010 2SS/RS Victory Red, MN6, 1-7/8 Kooks LT Headers, SLP Axle Back, Edelbrock E-Force S/C, ZL1 Fuel Pump, 72# Injectors, JRE fuel rail upgrade, Roto-Fab CAI, Elite Catch Can, Billet Hurst Shifter, DSS 1000HP axles, Spohn Trailing Arms, Toe Links, Lower Control Arms. Chrome American Racing Torq-Thrust wheels. 546/rwhp & 522/rwtq & 10.9# boost Tune by Jeremy Formato.
sscamaro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2017, 01:25 PM   #89
TMasticTB91
Tampa Bay Camaros

Drives: '16 Hyper Blue 1LT
Hi all -

Just an update, I will not be able to attend this year's CamaroFest nor our Tail of the Dragon trip due to circumstances beyond my control. I was very much looking forward to this trip :(

Lafourche1 will be taking over coordination of the Tail of the Dragon part of the trip.

Hope everyone has a good time and look forward to seeing pics!
Old 04-17-2017, 09:00 AM   #90
Lafourche1

Drives: 2019 CLA 450 Mercedes
Quote:
Originally Posted by TMasticTB91 View Post
Hi all -

Just an update, I will not be able to attend this year's CamaroFest nor our Tail of the Dragon trip due to circumstances beyond my control. I was very much looking forward to this trip :(

Lafourche1 will be taking over coordination of the Tail of the Dragon part of the trip.

We will miss you, for sure. I will try to provide adequate help to those joining the run.
Lafourche1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2017, 09:01 AM   #91
Lafourche1

Setting For Me to Edit

Quote:
A number of folks have expressed interest in hitting up the Tail of the Dragon after CamaroFest. If others would be interested we could drive down there together Sunday after the cruise.

**EDIT** Still awaiting final details about Sunday's cruise, so for now we'll make plans to leave after Sunday's cruise and festivities are complete.

Itinerary for CamaroVan to the Tail of the Dragon, post-CamaroFest VII:

- Sunday, after the cruise is finished: Drive to the Dragon Pitt Inn & BBQ in Maryville, TN
  • This is approx. a 4-hour drive (using interstates) from the host hotel in Bowling Green to Dragon Pitt Inn & BBQ, not including stops for bathroom breaks
  • $80/night
  • Close proximity to Tail of the Dragon
- Sunday evening: Free time / check in at Inn

- Monday 10am-12pm: 11-mile Tail of the Dragon main course, with Killboy photography opportunities
  • If others do not stay at Dragon Pitt Inn & BBQ, please make plans to meet us at the Inn by 10am
  • Leaving the Inn will take us on Tail of the Dragon from TN to NC, ending at gift shop/food options
  • There is ample time for 3 runs - coming down from the Inn into Deals Gap, running the course the other way, and a third trek back down to Deals Gap for lunch. This gives plenty of opportunities to enjoy the Dragon as well as get many photos from Killboy.
- Monday 12pm-2pm: Shopping and Lunch options- Monday 2pm-6pm: Moonshiner 28 to Dillard, GA
  • This is approx. a 2 to 2 1/2 hour drive (without stops) but might stop a few times for restroom and scenery/photography
  • 55 MPH speed limit on majority of road
  • Beautiful scenery
- Monday @ 6:30pm: Dinner in Dillard, GA at The Dillard House Restaurant.

- Monday after dinner: Stay at The Dillard House overnight or depart for your next destination, whether it's going back home or heading back up to drive one of the other amazing roads around the Tail of the Dragon

Details on where/when we will meet in Bowling Green prior to driving down to the Tail of the Dragon will come once details of the Sunday Cruise are finalized.

If you want to be a part of this group, comment in this thread indicating so and I will add you to the list!

Participants:
  1. RicSimonis - 2017 50th Anniversary 2SS convertible
  2. guapo - 2013 Crystal Red 2LT/RS coupe
  3. 2GRN4U - 2011 Synergy Green 2SS coupe
  4. tonyferdie - 2017 Black SS coupe
  5. Mr V - 2011 Victory Red SS convertible
  6. Lafourche1 - 2016 Summit White 2SS coupe
  7. Trebor - 2013 ZL1
  8. its a syn - Synergy Green coupe
  9. paul3078 - 2015 SS "Green Flash" edition
  10. Godfatha - 2016 SS Black
  11. SSinFL - 2SS Red '16 Vert
  12. Craig and Peggy - 2014 ZL1 red crystal tint vert
  13. trublucamaro
Just reposting and setting it up so that I can EDIT where necessary.

Last edited by Lafourche1; 07-07-2017 at 02:11 PM.
Old 04-17-2017, 01:41 PM   #92
RicSimonis

Drives: '17 2SS H50 Vert
Quote:
Hi all -

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lafourche1 View Post
We will miss you, for sure. I will try to provide adequate help to those joining the run.
TMasticTB91, sorry to hear it. Hope it's nothing too serious.

So, Lafourche1...........no pressure.

RicSimonis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2017, 09:00 AM   #93
Lafourche1

Folks, I wanted to post this piece on the Tail of the Dragon. I had a nice exchange with this gentleman on another board. There is great information peppered throughout the post.

Please Read and Enjoy:

As a longtime Dragon vet with hundreds of runs under my belt, I can attest to the joy of driving the roads in & around the area. (I also help to plan & run the MINIs on the Dragon event every May- biggest grassroots MINI event in the country.) I also almost prefer the Hellbender/Moonshiner 28, simply because it is a higher speed road. The Dragon itself is more challenging, to be sure. But the Cherohala is a great, more relaxing run to make, too. If you want to make the Cherohala challenging, you kind of have to go WAY over posted limits, and it just seems like begging for trouble. Love the elevation changes & scenery from that road, so driving it at a spirited but reasonable pace is rewarding enough.

As for the traffic, yes- there are plenty of Harleys cruising the road quite often. And many of them do not play nice & move over for faster traffic.

LEO's are also an issue. Not so much on the NC side, since they only have about a mile of official "Dragon," but the Blount County TN and TN State Troopers love to patrol their side. For this reason, follow this simple rule: Start from the NC Side at the Deal's Gap Motorcycle Resort. Drive carefully on the way out to Tabcat Bridge. If you didn't see any LEO's on your way over, there can't be any on your way back- because TN LEO's cannot enter through NC, and there is no other way to get from there to the State line. How you choose to behave on your way back is up to you. Just don't drive like a tard or harass anyone who isn't going as fast as you would like.

Regarding traffic in general, I'd recommend looking at the calendar of events on the Tail of the Dragon web site. There, you will see most of the organized club appearances in the area. And I will tell you now, MINIs on the Dragon usually attracts over a thousand people in 600-800 cars, so just don't even try to go during that time. I just wish the calendar there would give you an idea of the size of each group, so you could get a feel for how crowded things might be.

Don't let the traffic scare you away. Go mid-week, drive early in the morning (allowing for morning dew to burn off, etc, watch for leaves & gravel, yadda yadda). Or spend a whole weekend & try it at all times of the day. If you take the time to enjoy the other roads in the area, go see the many waterfalls (Including Bridal Veil Falls, where you can drive BEHIND the waterfall & snap a photo), etc., etc., you will not be wasting your time.

Oh, final FYI- both NC and TN have banned tractor trailers from the Dragon. This was a HUGE problem until about a year ago. But not so much these days. If you've seen Killboy's site, you may know how nearly impossible it is for a semi to navigate that road.
Old 04-25-2017, 01:21 PM   #94
Godfatha

Drives: 2016 2SS Mosaic Black Convertible
The Dragon is in my backyard, so count me in! 2016 2SS Black Mosaic convertible. This should be a blast.
Godfatha is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2017, 03:33 PM   #95
Lafourche1

Quote:
Originally Posted by Godfatha View Post
The Dragon is in my backyard, so count me in! 2016 2SS Black Mosaic convertible. This should be a blast.
Added and glad to have you aboard! Local knowledge is nice to have, for sure.
Old 05-12-2017, 09:08 AM   #96
SSinFL

Drives: 2016 SS/2SS Convertible A8 MRC NPP
Count me in. I drive up from Florida several times each year. After riding the Dragon and surrounding roads for many years on my motorcycle, I now enjoy driving in the Camaro SS Vert more as I don't have to put on any protective gear and can relax more. My Avatar picture was taken in the Dragon. See you there
SSinFL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2017, 10:20 AM   #97
Lafourche1

Quote:
Originally Posted by SSinFL View Post
Count me in. I drive up from Florida several times each year. After riding the Dragon and surrounding roads for many years on my motorcycle, I now enjoy driving in the Camaro SS Vert more as I don't have to put on any protective gear and can relax more. My Avatar picture was taken in the Dragon. See you there
Done and added. Looks like a good group is forming up.
Old 05-12-2017, 08:47 PM   #98
td195f

Drives: 2015 Z/28 #786
I'm interested but need some info. I will be trailering my Z/28 to Camaro Fest (44' Gooseneck trailer and Long Box Crew Cab Dually Chevy) is there a campground in the area that can handle my rig (~60 feet long) so I can stay overnight and unload the Z.
2015 Z/28 #786 - Black
2004 Silverado 3500 Dually - D'Max - Suncoast - Banks - Edge - Custom Tune by D'Max Tuner / Spitzer '32 Bantam Altered Drag Car - Blown Alcohol 380 CI Small Block Chevy
td195f is offline   Reply With Quote