Homepage Garage Wiki Register Social Groups Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
#Camaro6
Go Back   CAMARO6 > CAMARO6.com General Forums > 2016+ Camaro: 6th Gen Camaro general forum

Bigwormgraphix

Thread Closed

Old 08-09-2013, 12:30 PM   #113
meissen
Founder - Michigan FBody

Drives: 1994 Camaro LT1, 2012 Camaro 2SS/RS
Overall I appreciate all the work you put into it so you're giving constructive feedback instead of just being one of the trolls in the general discussion area saying they think the 2014 rear looks like a prelude, but IMHO these renderings are too 5th gen and not enough 6th gen.

"Gone But Not Forgotten"
2016 Camaro 1LT A8 - "Elmo"
2014 Camaro 1LT M6 - "Cherry Bomb"
2012 Camaro 1LS M6 - "Clifford"

Michigan FBody Association
http://www.mifbody.com/
Old 08-09-2013, 12:47 PM   #114
Brettzel

Drives: #null
yay or nay to this vent for front quarter?
Old 08-09-2013, 02:04 PM   #115
Doc
Dances With Mustangs

Drives: 2010 1SS/RS MT
Quote:
Originally Posted by Brettzel View Post
Too high up but I can certainly move it up some; I'll give it a try.

Blue Angel is here!!
1SS/RS LS3 M6 IBM
Old 08-09-2013, 02:15 PM   #116
Doc
Dances With Mustangs

Based on some of the feedback here's the latest. The one on top labelled "old" is the previous version I posted earlier. The one below it labelled "new" has quite a few revisions. I moved the centerpoint of the fender body line "waist" forward quite a bit. Lowered the front fender line. Made the rear fender beefier and moved that line a bit forward. Revised the side window lines including moving the break point at the bottom forward from above the door handle to about the middle of the door. The side groove is gone; the line you see there is just the body line.

The base of the windshield and the lower front edge of the side window was lowered; I left the side view mirror where it was originally so the gap you see underneath the mirror shows how much everything was lowered. Compare it to the "old" image.

Wheels and wheel wells are slightly smaller. The bottom "point" of the nose was moved back a bit and I raised the front of the lower front spoiler up slightly.

The back 3/4 of the side view has more of a wedge-look moving forward now.

Name:  2016 Camaro Concept2fcSide.jpg
Views: 1578
Size:  148.4 KB

Blue Angel is here!!
1SS/RS LS3 M6 IBM
Old 08-09-2013, 02:21 PM   #117
Doc
Dances With Mustangs

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brettzel View Post
Something like this?
Name:  2016 Camaro Concept2fb2Side.jpg
Views: 1309
Size:  76.9 KB

Blue Angel is here!!
1SS/RS LS3 M6 IBM
Old 08-09-2013, 03:29 PM   #118
ssrs396

Drives: 68 vert 396 13 ls
Quote:
Originally Posted by Doc View Post
Something like this?
Attachment 543689
Try loosing the gills. Then keep the vent top at the same position but make the bottom go lower and then extend the vent lines across the body.
Old 08-09-2013, 04:30 PM   #119
Doc
Dances With Mustangs

Quote:
Originally Posted by ssrs396 View Post
Try loosing the gills. Then keep the vent top at the same position but make the bottom go lower and then extend the vent lines across the body.
This?
Name:  2016 Camaro Concept2fb3Side.jpg
Views: 1374
Size:  75.9 KB

Blue Angel is here!!
1SS/RS LS3 M6 IBM
Old 08-09-2013, 06:46 PM   #120
Supercamaro64
Right, right.

Drives: 79 Z28, 86 Camaro, 94 Burb 4x4
I don't hate it, but it just looks like an updated 5th gen. I really hope they make more changes than that, otherwise its not a new generation, just a refresh. I mean think about it, did the 2nd gen look anything like the 3rd? Not really. Sure they could be kinda similar, like the 1st-2nd gens, but they still made a LOT of changes, and even someone who doesn't know the car could tell the difference. Basically, I want even someone like my mother (whose idea of describing a type of car is "yellow") to be able to tell the difference between the 2. Just my opinion
Old 08-09-2013, 08:36 PM   #121
Doc
Dances With Mustangs

Quote:
Originally Posted by Supercamaro64 View Post
I don't hate it, but it just looks like an updated 5th gen. I really hope they make more changes than that, otherwise its not a new generation, just a refresh. I mean think about it, did the 2nd gen look anything like the 3rd? Not really. Sure they could be kinda similar, like the 1st-2nd gens, but they still made a LOT of changes, and even someone who doesn't know the car could tell the difference. Basically, I want even someone like my mother (whose idea of describing a type of car is "yellow") to be able to tell the difference between the 2. Just my opinion
If you think of the 5th gen as the 1967, then the 2014 refresh is the 1968 version, and the 6th gen will be the new body style like the 1969 was compared to the 67 and 68. It wasn't until the 1970 model that they completely changed the look.

But I'm paying attention to everyone's reaction and comments. Considering there's almost 3,500 views but not that many people commenting, that tells me what I've shown hasn't sparked enough reaction for all those viewers to comment. It looks like people are wanting a revolution, not an evolution.

Back to the drawing board.

Blue Angel is here!!
1SS/RS LS3 M6 IBM
Old 08-10-2013, 07:32 AM   #122
ssrs396

Quote:

Ah varia niiice.
Old 08-10-2013, 07:40 AM   #123
ssrs396

Actually you could add the gills starting from the top line of the vent and make them slimmer and longer. It might be too much but maybe not.
Old 08-10-2013, 08:06 AM   #124
meissen
Founder - Michigan FBody

Drives: 1994 Camaro LT1, 2012 Camaro 2SS/RS
Quote:
If you think of the 5th gen as the 1967, then the 2014 refresh is the 1968 version, and the 6th gen will be the new body style like the 1969 was compared to the 67 and 68. It wasn't until the 1970 model that they completely changed the look.

But I'm paying attention to everyone's reaction and comments. Considering there's almost 3,500 views but not that many people commenting, that tells me what I've shown hasn't sparked enough reaction for all those viewers to comment. It looks like people are wanting a revolution, not an evolution.

Back to the drawing board.
The Mustang redesign for 2015 is said to be revolutionary instead of evolutionary, so I personally would expect no different from GM for the 6th gen Camaro. But this is your design idea - go whichever direction you want.

"Gone But Not Forgotten"
2016 Camaro 1LT A8 - "Elmo"
2014 Camaro 1LT M6 - "Cherry Bomb"
2012 Camaro 1LS M6 - "Clifford"

Michigan FBody Association
http://www.mifbody.com/
Old 08-10-2013, 11:27 AM   #125
KMPrenger

Drives: 16 Camaro SS, 15 Colorado
I've put my opinion here quite a bit lol...I think what your doing is fun and maybe GM will take note of some of the opinions here. Of course, by now it may be getting a bit late in the design stage....who knows.

Anyways, I felt like the front was coming together nicely, but the side profile is still not doing it for me. I feel it has got to have a futuristic muscle feel. The shoulder lines look too soft to me. The current Camaro has a short swoop in the rear, and then from the door handle and up, a longer swoop. I wonder If that can't be exaggerated a bit more? Your design softens up on those swoops. If that's how you see the 6th gen, well then that's just fine. This is your creation after all so I have no problem with that but I want those defining lines.

I don't think everything has to be edgy these days, but I sure do like it (much of the time). I also feel the greenhouse is still too short...its shorter than the current car...at least it looks that way.

For me, I love the hard edges of the current Camaro and I'd like to see that carried into the next gen. From any angle, the way the sun, or whatever light source there is bounces and reflects off the body just really gives you something to look at.

I don't really lean one way or the other on a revolutionary, or evolutionary design.
Old 08-10-2013, 01:37 PM   #126
Doc
Dances With Mustangs

Quote:
Originally Posted by KMPrenger View Post
I've put my opinion here quite a bit lol...I think what your doing is fun and maybe GM will take note of some of the opinions here. Of course, by now it may be getting a bit late in the design stage....who knows.

Anyways, I felt like the front was coming together nicely, but the side profile is still not doing it for me. I feel it has got to have a futuristic muscle feel. The shoulder lines look too soft to me. The current Camaro has a short swoop in the rear, and then from the door handle and up, a longer swoop. I wonder If that can't be exaggerated a bit more? Your design softens up on those swoops. If that's how you see the 6th gen, well then that's just fine. This is your creation after all so I have no problem with that but I want those defining lines.

I don't think everything has to be edgy these days, but I sure do like it (much of the time). I also feel the greenhouse is still too short...its shorter than the current car...at least it looks that way.

For me, I love the hard edges of the current Camaro and I'd like to see that carried into the next gen. From any angle, the way the sun, or whatever light source there is bounces and reflects off the body just really gives you something to look at.

I don't really lean one way or the other on a revolutionary, or evolutionary design.
At least you're participating which I appreciate.

As far as softening the lines you are correct; that's exactly what I've done. Generally a "refinement" means to smooth things out and this is more or less a refinement type design. I can do what you suggest with the fender line but then it starts looking very much like a 1969 or 5th profile which is what people are saying they don't want. They want something newer than that. What I may do is some quick concept sketches of single 3/4 views to get an idea of what strikes people's fancy. I'll do quick sketches of everything from sleek to something that looks like it belongs in a Batman movie and see what kind of reactions they get.

I'm sure the Camaro design team already has designs but after seeing the refresh I'm seriously worried they're going in that direction with a flattened, unemotional horizontal rectangles look. Camaros are cars that when you see them put a smile on your face; they're not supposed to have a "maybe it will grow on me" kind of reaction.

Blue Angel is here!!
1SS/RS LS3 M6 IBM

Closed Thread

Tags
2015 camaro, 2015 camaro forum, 2015 camaro forums, 2015 chevrolet camaro, 2015 chevy camaro, 2016 camaro, 2016 camaro forum, 2016 camaro forums, 2016 chevrolet camaro, 2016 chevy camaro, 2017 camaro, 2017 chevy camaro, 6 gen camaro, 6th gen camaro, 6th gen camaro forum, 6th gen camaro forums, 6th gen camaro info, 6th gen camaro news, 6th gen camaro rumors, 6th gen chevrolet camaro, 6th gen chevy camaro, 6th gen chevy camaro forum, 6th generation camaro, 6th generation camaro info, 6th generation camaro news, 6th generation camaro rumors, 6th generation chevy camaro, camaro 6th gen, camaro 6th generation