Homepage Garage Wiki Register Community Calendar Today's Posts Search
#Camaro6
Go Back   CAMARO6 > CAMARO6.com General Forums > 2016+ Camaro: 6th Gen Camaro general forum

AWE Tuning

Old 06-16-2022, 07:43 PM   #1
Junker

Drives: 2022 Camaro ZL1
Delays getting Repairs at Chevy Dealerships

Anyone else encountering delays getting warranty repairs done at Chevy dealers?

Even though I live in the Detroit area with many Chevy dealerships, I have a clutch problem in my 2022 ZL1 and had to call around to find a dealer who would take my car without waiting several weeks. I finally found one that would that would take it after only a week, but now the car has been sitting for two weeks while waiting for a gear from the Lansing plant.
Junker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2022, 07:55 PM   #2
taylorforschool@gmail.com
PKG4U

Drives: 2018 ZL1
Not surprising. This is exactly what I anticipate from Chevy at this stage, if you haven’t noticed as of late good service is VERY hard to come by, no matter the industry. Don’t even look forward to getting my free oil change from them just for this reason

Mods after Warranty “Imma keep it stock”
taylorforschool@gmail.com is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2022, 07:58 PM   #3
jamala00

Drives: 2016 Camaro 2SS Hyper Blue Metallic
Quote:
Originally Posted by taylorforschool@gmail.com View Post
Not surprising. This is exactly what I anticipate from Chevy at this stage, if you haven’t noticed as of late good service is VERY hard to come by, no matter the industry. Don’t even look forward to getting my free oil change from them just for this reason
Just curious... What does "Good Service" have to do with waiting for parts? What is a dealership supposed to do if they can't get the gear the OP needs?
jamala00 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2022, 07:59 PM   #4
aa21

Drives: 2022 Chevrolet Camaro
It’s not just Chevy dealers these days...... what is going on with the car “repair industry” is ridiculous these days. Most repair shops in my city regardless of what kind of repair is it, don’t mind to keep you waiting for weeks just to look at you car, and probably spend another two weeks on a repair that only needs an hour or two of work. I was also wondering if other people on here have been experiencing this.
aa21 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2022, 08:47 PM   #5
ZPirate

Drives: 2023 Summit White Camaro ZL1 M6
Recently I had to wait a week to get a check engine light looked at by my local dealer. They just didn't have any appointments available.
2022 Rapid Blue 1SS 1LE M6 (delivered 2/19/22) (Sold)
2009 BMW 135i (Sold)
ZPirate is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2022, 09:05 PM   #6
PKG4U

Quote:
Originally Posted by jamala00 View Post
Just curious... What does "Good Service" have to do with waiting for parts? What is a dealership supposed to do if they can't get the gear the OP needs?
Having a warranty and having a dealership that cant back up the products they sell and service. That’s what I would call sub par service. Sorry if I offended you. ��

Old 06-16-2022, 10:35 PM   #7
95 imp
Dumb Ass Deluxe

Drives: A Tricked Out Mountain Bike
I have a commercial vehicle an independent guy told me 2 weeks before my front end could be rebuilt. Called them up @ 10 days for a status and they said it'll be the 1st of the month.

If I weren't so busy, I'd just do it myself.
Old 06-17-2022, 06:58 AM   #8
ember1205
Hot Camaro

Drives: '20 2SS Convertible 6MT
Quote:
Having a warranty and having a dealership that cant back up the products they sell and service. That’s what I would call sub par service. Sorry if I offended you. ��
You're over-generalizing things and placing all of the blame with the person you interact with directly. It's not reasonable to hold them accountable for an inability by GM to supply a replacement part.

Dealerships are business - they exist solely to make money. They are going to focus on work that they can actually perform (meaning they have the supplies for) in order to ensure they have a stream of revenue to survive off of. If dealerships continued to take in vehicles that would need to be parked somewhere while they waited for parts, and literally ran out of room to bring in more vehicles to service, what would happen then? They would eventually need to shut down because they could not generate revenue to continue operating. Would that sort of "service" be better or worse?

While I agree that it feels like every industry out there is dealing with "supply chain" issues, I place no blame on the storefronts and people that have to explain this to customers of all kinds literally every day. In these times, I actually find the level of service I receive is quite a bit better at most businesses simply because I try to remember that there is an actual person on the other side of that counter from me and treat them as such.
ember1205 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2022, 07:13 AM   #9
jamala00

Quote:
Offended me?? Not in the slightest. Just your post makes no sense. It's not the "dealership's sub par service" if they can't get the parts they need. That would be on the manufactures of said parts. A warranty on your vehicle has nothing to do with guarantying said dealership can get the parts you need after they diagnosing the issue. Common Sense. If you are concerned about your warranty and getting something fixed (in today's world), I'd suggest you not buy the auto in the first place.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ember1205 View Post
You're over-generalizing things and placing all of the blame with the person you interact with directly. It's not reasonable to hold them accountable for an inability by GM to supply a replacement part.

Dealerships are business - they exist solely to make money. They are going to focus on work that they can actually perform (meaning they have the supplies for) in order to ensure they have a stream of revenue to survive off of. If dealerships continued to take in vehicles that would need to be parked somewhere while they waited for parts, and literally ran out of room to bring in more vehicles to service, what would happen then? They would eventually need to shut down because they could not generate revenue to continue operating. Would that sort of "service" be better or worse?

While I agree that it feels like every industry out there is dealing with "supply chain" issues, I place no blame on the storefronts and people that have to explain this to customers of all kinds literally every day. In these times, I actually find the level of service I receive is quite a bit better at most businesses simply because I try to remember that there is an actual person on the other side of that counter from me and treat them as such.
^^^ Exactly
Old 06-17-2022, 07:23 AM   #10
PKG4U

You can go ahead and defend your point to the death, but nothing either of you said I can agree with. So move along and find some other sad soul to pick a bone with

Old 06-17-2022, 07:25 AM   #11
jamala00

Quote:
You can go ahead and defend your point to the death, but nothing either of you said I can agree with. So move along and find some other sad soul to pick a bone with
So now someone did get their feelings hurt... Sorry about that.
Old 06-17-2022, 07:30 AM   #12
PKG4U

Quote:
Offended me?? Not in the slightest. Just your post makes no sense. It's not the "dealership's sub par service" if they can't get the parts they need. That would be on the manufactures of said parts. A warranty on your vehicle has nothing to do with guarantying said dealership can get the parts you need after they diagnosing the issue. Common Sense. If you are concerned about your warranty and getting something fixed (in today's world), I'd suggest you not buy the auto in the first place.

^^^ Exactly

Pardon me but isn’t the manufacturer represented by the dealerships?

I mean that is their brand on the vehicle after all…?? That’s like saying Don’t get mad at the restaurant for not having food?? Like maybe don’t advertise your product as such if you can’t offer the services that come with the product? You guys really should run for president because with your bs outlook on todays world you could probably keep bamboozling all these idiots and telling them everything’s okay

Old 06-17-2022, 07:31 AM   #13
PKG4U

Quote:
So now someone did get their feelings hurt... Sorry about that.

Old 06-17-2022, 08:09 AM   #14
bdavies11

Drives: 2016 Camaro 2SS
Quote:
Pardon me but isn’t the manufacturer represented by the dealerships?

I mean that is their brand on the vehicle after all…?? That’s like saying Don’t get mad at the restaurant for not having food?? Like maybe don’t advertise your product as such if you can’t offer the services that come with the product? You guys really should run for president because with your bs outlook on todays world you could probably keep bamboozling all these idiots and telling them everything’s okay
It completely depends on why the restaurant has no food. It would be pretty irrational to get mad at the restaurant without knowing why they have no food.

For example, if the restuarant has no food because the manager forgot to place the order, then sure, be mad at the restaurant. But if the restaurant has no food beauase the supplier is unable to supply them with said food, (like in the dealership example above) then how can you blame the restaurant? Can't just windmill at the restaurant without having all the facts. Common sense, guy.

Last edited by bdavies11; 06-17-2022 at 08:20 AM.
bdavies11 is offline   Reply With Quote