Homepage Garage Wiki Register Community Calendar Today's Posts Search
#Camaro6
Go Back   CAMARO6 > CAMARO6.com General Forums > 2016+ Camaro: 6th Gen Camaro general forum

Phastek Performance

Old 07-05-2016, 08:47 PM   #15
kahbear@aol.com

Drives: Nissan Murano
I picked up a RFID pouch from Amazon. They have them for cell phones and wallets, I found a smaller one to fit my fob.
Old 07-05-2016, 11:16 PM   #16
GroundhogSS

Drives: '17 2SS convertible'20 Yukon Denali
Quote:
Originally Posted by kahbear@aol.com View Post
I picked up a RFID pouch from Amazon. They have them for cell phones and wallets, I found a smaller one to fit my fob.
Got a link for that? Thanks.

Delivered: 08/15/2016

#TeamBeckyD

GroundhogSS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2016, 06:00 AM   #17
Allez

Drives: 2016 Camaro 2SS
https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0...?ie=UTF8&psc=1
Allez is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2016, 10:21 AM   #18
kahbear@aol.com

Drives: Nissan Murano
Thanks Allez.........that's the one.
Old 07-06-2016, 10:29 AM   #19
GroundhogSS

Thanks Allez.

#TeamBeckyD

Old 07-06-2016, 12:10 PM   #20
MiamiBlueCamaro

Drives: Gen 6 Camaro RS
Quote:
Originally Posted by Allez View Post

Thanks for the link.
MiamiBlueCamaro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2016, 01:13 PM   #21
Thor142

Drives: 2014 2LS (traded in) 2015 1SS 1LE

Just sayin......
Old 07-07-2016, 12:14 AM   #22
forzasteve

Drives: Love any sports cars
The exhaust controller should work as some would like. That is, provide a means of disabling the car using the remote control fob.

You can verify this hypothesis by conducting the following test on your Gen 6 Camaro ...

In your engine compartment fuse block, pull the following fuses and verify if pulling the fuse will disable the ability to start your car:
  • Fuse F50 ... Fuel system control module ... does pulling this fuse prevent ability for starting car? If yes, then this fuse is candidate
  • Fuse F57 ... Engine Control Module Ignition ... does pulling this fuse disable starting car? If yes, this fuse is also a candidate
From the description on the fuses, it does not appear that there is any other single fuse that would accomplish disabling the car. But, I might be wrong.

If someone would perform this test and verify if it disables the car, I can then provide instructions with pros and cons on using the exhaust controller to provide an enhanced security for the car.

Regards,

Steve
forzasteve is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2016, 05:58 AM   #23
Frizlfrazl
Frizlfrazl

Drives: 2015 black Camaro SS
Not a silly question at all!

So as of about a month ago, I was a bit naive to security and safety issues with most cars. Now I am an unfortunate expert. After only having my 2015 Camaro 2SS for three months, it was stolen midday from a busy, secure place. Cameras showed it took less than five minutes and it didn't matter what alarms I had in the car. These were pros who were able to access my OBD and program a dummy key. As the cops told me later, it doesn't matter if you have the loudest aftermarket alarm, if they now have a key, they just unlock it. I was also told by the insurance inspector that v8 camaros are the most stolen car in northern ca and there is a special task force for cams alone.
So I must be stupid crazy(crazy in love with that lil car) because I'm shopping for a new model. EXCEPT this time I am going to make it impossible for these thieves. This may seem like overkill but I'm not taking any chances. So onstar and an aftermarket alarm are a start, but don't protect all situations. There are some great RFID devices and what I have learned is installing a kill switch and "hiding" it under the seat is too easy for these guys. There are some that you have to have installed behind the dash, which look promising. I am also going to go old school and buy a anti theft club for the steering wheel. The inspector told me not to advertise what devices you are using too much (i.e.:stickers that name your alarm system, and such) as you don't want to let the crooks figure anything out in advance and have time to plan how to get around it. He did say the club is a cheap and easy visual deterrent but the goal isn't to stop them(because you can't without luck and the element of surprise), but to make every barrier take so long that they are caught or leave due to fear of being caught.
If anyone has any suggestions for me, please let me know. I do not want to have to be removing fuel injector fuses before going in to work
RIP Cammy #1. Can't wait to replace her..sorry so wordy.
Frizlfrazl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2016, 06:40 AM   #24
Allez

Drives: 2016 Camaro 2SS
Sorry to hear what happened, but do appreciate you passing on the info to hopefully help the rest of us.

How did they access your OBD?
Allez is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2016, 06:56 AM   #25
MLL67RSSS
Account Suspended

Drives: car
The Club is usless, due to the modern soft core steering wheels (federal crash standards) a piece of hacksaw blade can cut a steering wheel in seconds.

Check this out:

http://freakonomics.com/2010/06/08/w...k-of-the-club/

At some point, the Club was mentioned. The professional thieves laughed and exchanged knowing glances. What we knew was that the?Club is a hardened steel device that attaches to the steering wheel and the brake pedal to prevent steering and/or braking. What we found out was that a pro thief would carry a short piece of a hacksaw blade to cut through the plastic steering wheel in a couple seconds. They were then able to release The Club and use it to apply a huge amount of torque to the steering wheel and break the lock on the steering column (which most cars were already equipped with). The pro thieves actually sought out cars with The Club on them because they didn’t want to carry a long pry bar that was too hard to conceal.

MLL67RSSS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2016, 07:05 AM   #26
KoolHyperBlue

Drives: 2016 Hyper Blue 2SS -NPP,Mag Ride
Where there is a will there is a way . If a thief wants your car bad enough then they will get it . Simple as that , you can try all the anti theft deterrents you want but they are always a step ahead and will take the car if they want it bad enough .
KoolHyperBlue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2016, 06:16 PM   #27
JaxChris

Drives: '16 2SS GD1 MX0 NPP F55 IO6
Not sure why you would disable the TDS just to prevent someone from jacking your transponder code. Without TDS, anyone could smash and grab your car. No alarm, no shock sensor, no impact sensor, etc.

And to make it more enticing, the dash LED won't blink anymore, making any random punk that walks by your car think that it is disarmed (because it is).

To each their own, but I think this is a bad idea. Plus your insurance company won't cover any losses if you disable a theft deterrent or recovery feature.
JaxChris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2016, 12:26 AM   #28
GroundhogSS

Revisiting this thread to post some alternative RFID bags to the ones listed earlier. Less expensive and work great. All signals from the remote are masked.

http://shop.komando.com/hack-blocking-card-pouch

#TeamBeckyD

Last edited by GroundhogSS; 08-19-2016 at 02:50 PM.