Go Back   CAMARO6 > Members Area > General Automotive + Other Cars Discussion

Bigwormgraphix

Old 01-25-2017, 12:00 AM   #1
crysalis_01
Iron fist, lead foot

Drives: 2003 Mustang Cobra
2017 Ford GT, now. . . with specs

http://performance.ford.com/enthusia...top-speed.html

DEARBORN – Delivering the highest output of any EcoBoost® production engine to date, the all-new Ford GT couples its extraordinary power with impressive aerodynamic efficiency and advanced active dynamics to achieve a maximum speed of 216 mph – making it the fastest Ford production vehicle on the track ever.

SAE-rated at 647 horsepower and with 550 lb.-ft. of torque, Ford’s new high-output 3.5-liter V6 powerplant produces the most horsepower of any EcoBoost production engine ever, making Ford GT the fastest production car ever to wear the Blue Oval badge. The engine’s wide powerband produces 90 percent of its peak torque from 3,500 rpm.
Old 01-25-2017, 12:10 AM   #2
SynergyGreenSS

Drives: 2011 2SS
Good numbers but we'll have to see how it really does on the street. Numbers on a screen are a lot different than real life. I can't believe they waited this long to release that though. I mean people have already bought the cars.. and they're just now telling them how much power the car makes...
LSA Supercharger, BTR Stage 3 PDS Cam, Yank 3200SS, Weapon X Stage 2 intake, LSA Heads, Flex Fuel, Ported throttle body, Speed Engineering Headers, NOWEEDS, ZL1 fuel pump, DSX AUX Pump, ID-1050X injectors, 3” pipe to NPP mufflers, 3.91 gears
SynergyGreenSS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2017, 12:35 AM   #3
crysalis_01
Iron fist, lead foot

Drives: 2003 Mustang Cobra
I imagine Ford had no concerns with the timing of the release of this data. They knew that they would, and have, sold every single one of these that they plan on having built.
Old 01-25-2017, 05:42 AM   #4
DRKS1D3

Drives: '17 Corvette Grand Sport M7
They are definitely a wild ride...a bona fide supercar. The majority of people will never get to enjoy one...or even ride in one for that matter.

**SOLD**2011 TRIPLE BLACK SS CONVERTIBLE--6 SPEED MANUAL, MANY MODS, 455 RWHP/435 RWTQ

DAD'S RIDE: 2012 ZL1 #1866--BLACK, 6 SPEED MANUAL, EXPOSED CF HOOD, POLISHED WHEELS, SUNROOF, ROTO-FAB INTAKE

"Silly Americans, taking from the rich and giving to the poor only works in fairy tales. Success is earned here!".
DRKS1D3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2017, 06:06 AM   #5
72MachOne99GT
Anthrax Popcorn User

Drives: 2013 GT500
Or see one...
Quote:
...if you want to compare performance numbers, well, the GT500 retains it's title of the highest hp, worst performing car in the world.
72MachOne99GT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2017, 07:28 AM   #6
snizzle
Recalled user

Drives: '12 Camaro SS, '18 Colorado Z71
So what are the advantages of going with the V6 in this case? I'm not up on the GT info to date. Size/weight/packaging? I'm sure at this trim it won't be fuel economy.

2012 2SS 45th AE LS3 M6

Borla ATAK Catback
Kooks Stepped LT Headers
CAI Intake
Hexvents
VMAX CNC Ported Throttle Body
RX Catch Can
Hurst Short Throw Shifter
Pfadt ZL-Spec Stage 3 Suspension
Forgestar F14
Tuned by Frost
snizzle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2017, 07:45 AM   #7
ChefBorOzzy

Drives: 2016 F150
Can't say I'm really impressed. It weighs almost 3,300 pounds with fluids and a full gas tank.
ChefBorOzzy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2017, 07:48 AM   #8
SS 1LE
マスタング = 遅い

Drives: 2017 Chevrolet Camaro SS 1LE
Overall I think it looks awesome, but the front 3/4 when you can see through that channel, (I know it's there for a reason) it just looks kinda odd...

Also makes me think the upcoming "GT500" may not have as much power as we thought...I doubt they would make that car have more power than their $400,000 halo car no matter if it weights 500 pounds more. Although then it would have less then the ZL1...humm.
Old 01-25-2017, 07:50 AM   #9
Mr. Wyndham
I used to be Dragoneye...

Drives: 2018 ZL1 1LE
Send a message via AIM to Mr. Wyndham
Quote:
Originally Posted by SS 1LE View Post
Overall I think it looks awesome, but the front 3/4 when you can see through that channel, (I know it's there for a reason) it just looks kinda odd...
I thought the same thing. I really like the truly exotic shape...certain photos just aren't that flattering...

In terms of hp...Dodge allowed the Hellcat to out-power the Viper. But they knew full well that car would never go around a track, and focused on the straight-line speed in terms of engineering and marketing. This differentiated them. Perhaps Ford will do the same thing? Then again, the GT has a mystique that the Viper does not...and limited production numbers make people want to buy it even more, despite the fact the Viper was less than half the cost. So who knows...

Do we know performance specs of the GT? Gs, 0-60, braking distance, 1/4? Lap times at any track?

Besides the fact that it's not being sold in regular fashion...I'm curious if it's actually impressive, or just just a pretty face that performs "on par" with everything else that's out in the segment right now.
Old 01-25-2017, 07:52 AM   #10
ChefBorOzzy

Quote:

Also makes me think the upcoming "GT500" may not have as much power as we thought...I doubt they would make that car have more power than their $400,000 halo car no matter if it weights 500 pounds more. Although then it would have less then the ZL1...humm.
The cars are so different that I doubt they care. If a GT500 does come, I'm very confident it'll have more power than the Ford GT.
Old 01-25-2017, 08:31 AM   #11
Camaro_Corvette
36.58625, -121.7568

Drives: Team 1LE
Quote:
Originally Posted by SynergyGreenSS View Post
Good numbers but we'll have to see how it really does on the street. Numbers on a screen are a lot different than real life. I can't believe they waited this long to release that though. I mean people have already bought the cars.. and they're just now telling them how much power the car makes...
Either way at the end of the day you're buying a Ford GT. Do you really need or care what the horsepower is? Most of these are going to sit in garages and live a long slow painful death.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChefBorOzzy View Post
Can't say I'm really impressed. It weighs almost 3,300 pounds with fluids and a full gas tank.
650hp in a 3,300lb car is just going to suck. Not even sure why somebody would buy that.

Quote:

The GT500 team will not care. It will have gobs of power, and will still be banging curbs at car meets.
Old 01-25-2017, 08:50 AM   #12
ChefBorOzzy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Camaro_Corvette View Post
650hp in a 3,300lb car is just going to suck. Not even sure why somebody would buy that.
Nice contribution.

Not impressed. Ford once again promised something they didn't deliver. (Weight) Maybe next time they'll just keep their mouth shut as some of the engineers should have with the Mustang.
Old 01-25-2017, 09:00 AM   #13
Mr. Wyndham
I used to be Dragoneye...

Drives: 2018 ZL1 1LE
Send a message via AIM to Mr. Wyndham
Quote:
Originally Posted by Camaro_Corvette View Post
The GT500 team will not care. It will have gobs of power, and will still be banging curbs at car meets.

I spit my tea out all over the place with that one!!
Old 01-25-2017, 09:05 AM   #14
SS 1LE
マスタング = 遅い

Drives: 2017 Chevrolet Camaro SS 1LE
Quote:
Originally Posted by ChefBorOzzy View Post
The cars are so different that I doubt they care. If a GT500 does come, I'm very confident it'll have more power than the Ford GT.
It pretty much will have too...