Homepage Garage Wiki Register Community Calendar Today's Posts Search
#Camaro6
Go Back   CAMARO6 > CAMARO6.com General Forums > 6th gen Camaro vs...

BeckyD @ James Martin Chevy

Old 10-31-2017, 05:42 PM   #771
crysalis_01
Iron fist, lead foot

Drives: 2003 Mustang Cobra
Quote:
Originally Posted by newmoon View Post
12:00s at almost 117mph the first time tested at a track is a reason for the SS and Scatpack owners to worry. This car is the real deal.
IF this was a non-commercial owner time it would be #5 on this site's stock auto fast list. So yeah, it seems we may have parity on one front. We'll have to see how the updated/upgraded MT-82 does.
Old 10-31-2017, 05:44 PM   #772
ULTRAZLS1

Drives: 14 Silverado LTZ Z71, 16 Camaro SS
Quote:
Originally Posted by chain777 View Post
This is something that's been overlooked. The torque advantage of the LT1 is offset by the extra RPMs and and wider power-band of the Coyote. The 10 speed just increases the advantage. I think were back to driver advantage when it comes to acceleration, but I believe the 10 speed automatic will be the biggest difference. It's a definite improvement over the less than stellar 8 speed in the Camaro. Just look to the ZL1 and how well it performs there.
I love the 8 speed in my car. Im sure the a10 is a bit better as its newer.
ULTRAZLS1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2017, 05:53 PM   #773
ULTRAZLS1

Drives: 14 Silverado LTZ Z71, 16 Camaro SS
Stock SS a8 went 11.8@117 just recently.

Be cool if he posted here...

https://ls1tech.com/forums/street-ra...want-1327.html
ULTRAZLS1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2017, 06:18 PM   #774
khell86

Drives: 2012 Ford Focus
Camaro better watch out. It's going to be pretty close from here on out.
khell86 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2017, 06:38 PM   #775
Snowblind

Drives: '16 2SS / '05 SRT10 Ram / '65 bu
This is a members dyno chart from Jannetty,
a respected vendor. 429h 436t (black line) on a 2016 M6. The example was just to show a curve and not the final numbers. It should be clear which curve you would want in your car. The gap is closer...but not quite there yet imo. Mmmmmmm torque

Name:  LVHF2V-1.jpg
Views: 246
Size:  108.6 KB

Name:  Screenshot_2017-10-31-19-19-48-1.png
Views: 252
Size:  267.7 KB
Old 10-31-2017, 06:53 PM   #776
Gunkk
Thank you Al Oppenheiser!

Drives: Red Hot A10 ZL1 Convertible
Quote:
Originally Posted by ULTRAZLS1 View Post
I love the 8 speed in my car. Im sure the a10 is a bit better as its newer.
It's better, much better.
Gunkk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2017, 07:33 PM   #777
FastCarFanBoy
Banned

Drives: 2013 GB GT
Quote:
Originally Posted by ChefBorOzzy View Post
That's making an assumption that times will get even better from here by .3 or more for a "hero" run and assuming this basically isn't a hero time. Doubtful this hits 11.7 in stock form. They ran this car over and over today. Dicked around with tire pressure. Let's not pretend like they took a car to the track, ran a 12.0 and will be able to make changes to cut it down to 11.7 in stock form.
Pull your thong out bro , I wasn't making any assumptions. Of course this very 1st 2018 GT ever raced in positive d/a could have just laid down the top hero run of all time, highly unlikely, but possible.
FastCarFanBoy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2017, 07:48 PM   #778
ChefBorOzzy

Drives: 2016 F150
Quote:
Originally Posted by FastCarFanBoy View Post
Pull your thong out bro , I wasn't making any assumptions. Of course this very 1st 2018 GT ever raced in positive d/a could have just laid down the top hero run of all time, highly unlikely, but possible.
Perhaps pull out whatever you have between your cheeks.

You were making plenty of cherry picking assumptions. You're equaling these guys renting a private track running the car half a day to get 12.0 with guys casually going to strip in the autos and running 12.8-12.9. Seems more logical to compare it to 12.5 times of 15-17. Good day.
ChefBorOzzy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2017, 08:14 PM   #779
FastCarFanBoy
Banned

Drives: 2013 GB GT
Quote:
Originally Posted by ChefBorOzzy View Post
Perhaps pull out whatever you have between your cheeks.

You were making plenty of cherry picking assumptions. You're equaling these guys renting a private track running the car half a day to get 12.0 with guys casually going to strip in the autos and running 12.8-12.9. Seems more logical to compare it to 12.5 times of 15-17. Good day.
all i hear on this forum is that the 15+ is a 12.9-13.0 car on average...suddenly today its a 12.5 car?

an experienced driver in a 15-17 in +500d/a would be doing well to run a 12.8 in a A6 car. I own one and it went 13.0 stock over the course of 3 passes...no amount of air pressure changes was going to make it a 12.5 car
FastCarFanBoy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2017, 11:07 PM   #780
BlaqWhole
Account Suspended

Drives: 2017 Camaro ZL1 A10
I doubt anything coming from a magazine. I wonder if they removed the sway bar like Mustang owners seem to love to do. LOL!! Anyway, I'm more interested in seeing what this car does in daily driving condition. We know the SS is a 12.2 off the showroom floor with stock tire pressure and not having to spend an entire day on a rented track making God knows how many runs. So you can't compare this run that the Mustang has done to anything the Camaro has done. Get it in the hands of a legitimate tester and run it the way it comes off the showroom floor and then we'll see. I'm still saying mid 12s.
BlaqWhole is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2017, 06:27 AM   #781
newmoon

Drives: 2019 GT350
Quote:
Originally Posted by BlaqWhole View Post
I doubt anything coming from a magazine. I wonder if they removed the sway bar like Mustang owners seem to love to do. LOL!! Anyway, I'm more interested in seeing what this car does in daily driving condition. We know the SS is a 12.2 off the showroom floor with stock tire pressure and not having to spend an entire day on a rented track making God knows how many runs. So you can't compare this run that the Mustang has done to anything the Camaro has done. Get it in the hands of a legitimate tester and run it the way it comes off the showroom floor and then we'll see. I'm still saying mid 12s.
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

So should we also throw out all of the Camaro's supposed great times as well? I mean they likely were achieved by adjusting tire pressures while running at a well prepped track and positive DA?

Give this car some credit it appears it is faster than most in this forum ever thought it would be, which isn't a bad thing as it will now force Chevy and Dodge to step up their game again.
2012 SRT Challenger 392 auto 12:40s 112 stock
2012 Ford Mustang 5.0. Brembo, 3:73s
2010 SS, LS3, Cammed, LTs, 12:20s
2004 Redfire Cobra, Pullied & Tuned
1986 GT, Ed Curtis 347ci, 11:20s motor. 10:30s 100-hp shot
newmoon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2017, 06:33 AM   #782
hotlap

Drives: 20 1LE 2SS M6 Rally Green
Quote:
Originally Posted by BlaqWhole View Post
What does Ford say a GT A10 will run? Chevy claimed 12.3 for the SS A8 and that won't even make the top 25 on our fast list that has an average of 12.1.

My first pass with the SS A8 was 12.3 and managed 12.2 with no effort on a poor track. I rarely drag race so it's reasonable to say an average Joe can run 12.2 in a 1SS with $39,490 MSRP...destination included

"the trouble with our liberal friends is not that they're ignorant; it's just that they know so much that isn't so.”
Ronald Reagan -
hotlap is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2017, 07:07 AM   #783
ChefBorOzzy

Drives: 2016 F150
Quote:
Originally Posted by FastCarFanBoy View Post
all i hear on this forum is that the 15+ is a 12.9-13.0 car on average...suddenly today its a 12.5 car?

an experienced driver in a 15-17 in +500d/a would be doing well to run a 12.8 in a A6 car. I own one and it went 13.0 stock over the course of 3 passes...no amount of air pressure changes was going to make it a 12.5 car
I'm saying it makes more sense to compare it to some of the better times of the 15-17 and you're looking at a .5 improvement. Majority will not be running 12.0 with this car, just like majority don't run 12.5 with the 15-17.

Either way, I'm not trying to discredit the Mustang. This is a great time.
ChefBorOzzy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2017, 07:10 AM   #784
BlaqWhole
Account Suspended

Drives: 2017 Camaro ZL1 A10
Quote:
Originally Posted by newmoon View Post
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

So should we also throw out all of the Camaro's supposed great times as well? I mean they likely were achieved by adjusting tire pressures while running at a well prepped track and positive DA?

Give this car some credit it appears it is faster than most in this forum ever thought it would be, which isn't a bad thing as it will now force Chevy and Dodge to step up their game again.
The times I go by with the Camaro are when it is tested as it is bought off the showroom floort. No tire pressure adjustments, no removing the sway bar, no taking the spare tire or tire kit out, no quarter tank of gas, no ice on the intake manifold, no removal of the air filter, no tricks, no gimmicks. I'm not saying they did all that but these are things that people do so they can still claim their car is "bone stock" and it is misleading. And I'm just making a point. If they took this GT out to the track and ran it for who knows how long and tried different combinations and reported only the best run then to me that is deceptive. I would make the same statement if they did that with the Camaro. If they had took it out and ran it in bone stock untouched configuration and popped off a 12 flat then they would be advertising that. But they make no mention of what it did without them making adjustments. So it must not have done all that well until after they figured out the best way to get the best time they could report. Plus LMR is biased as all heck anyway. So I'll wait for an official third party independent testing of both cars, same day, same driver, ran back to back, with the manufacturer's recommended tire pressure, ran they way you buy it at the dealership. If the Mustang is faster then good for them. I hope they are because lord knows they've been catching lumps for quite a while. If they're tied then that is still respectable. But I won't accept a Mustang performance shop's results. I'll wait and see.
BlaqWhole is offline   Reply With Quote