Homepage Garage Wiki Register Community Calendar Today's Posts Search
#Camaro6
Go Back   CAMARO6 > CAMARO6.com General Forums > 6th gen Camaro vs...

Bigwormgraphix

Old 07-25-2017, 01:53 PM   #113
ChefBorOzzy

Drives: 2016 F150
Wing should be a standalone option.
ChefBorOzzy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2017, 02:01 PM   #114
shaffe

Drives: 21 Bronco
The build and price while live also isn't complete...its missing several wheel options lol
it has more power...its available power is like a set kof double Ds (no matter where your face is... theyre everywhere) it has the suspension to mame it matter...(
shaffe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2017, 02:02 PM   #115
00 Trans Ram

Drives: 2017 2SS
Well, price-wise they look the same. Just configured identical 2018s the way I'd want them.

- V8
- Manual
- Black w/ black wheels
- Red leather
- Best suspension option
- 6-piston brakes
- Selectable exhaust

The Camaro had a few other things that I would have selected (I selected them when I bought my 17), except that the Mustang doesn't have them as options (unimportant stuff like interior lighting packages, black manufacturer logos, etc.).

Mustang came in at $49,175.
Camaro came in at $49,460.

http://shop.ford.com/build/mustang/2...9W.96B.19B.%5D
http://www.chevrolet.com/byo-vc/clie...X%2B5tNV9NAwAA

$285 difference. Or, like 1/3 of a month's car note. Basically, inconsequential.

So, the cars have the same price and same performance (on paper, so far). It comes down to looks and personal preference. I drove a '16 GT for 2 weeks as a rental in Tampa, FL. Nice car . . . but I bought my SS 3 months later.
00 Trans Ram is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2017, 02:04 PM   #116
ChefBorOzzy

Drives: 2016 F150
Quote:
Originally Posted by shaffe View Post
The build and price while live also isn't complete...its missing several wheel options lol
Yeah, I couldn't find the forged wheels.
ChefBorOzzy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2017, 02:10 PM   #117
Mustang Fanboy
Account Suspended

Drives: Poop
Quote:
I think it will do better than 12.6 Hell my buddies 12 GT auto ran a 12.70 bone stock I would hope with the improvements the 18 has it does better than that and I think it will. BUT it would have to be A10, PP and magneride probably. I don't think all A10 cars will be that quick.

I also had a response to constant belittling of the 350, but not worth cluttering up this thread anymore with that.

Yep, the 350 will still plod along fine, the engine name and just appeal of it will help it move.

While not bad prices, it definitely lost any real price advantage it had against Camaro. It will be really interesting to see sales when there is nothing but 18's out there. And I really hate Ford's packaging. There are hardly any standalone options. Almost everything is a package.

yeah thats on the steep side! I would never pay that much for a Mustang/Camaro/Challenger. Only if it was a special model, but not for the regular V8

For sure the budget price appeal is totally thrown out the window.
Mustang Fanboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2017, 02:36 PM   #118
13vertss

Drives: 2013 Camaro convertible 2SS/RS
Quote:
Originally Posted by 00 Trans Ram View Post
Well, price-wise they look the same. Just configured identical 2018s the way I'd want them.

- V8
- Manual
- Black w/ black wheels
- Red leather
- Best suspension option
- 6-piston brakes
- Selectable exhaust

The Camaro had a few other things that I would have selected (I selected them when I bought my 17), except that the Mustang doesn't have them as options (unimportant stuff like interior lighting packages, black manufacturer logos, etc.).

Mustang came in at $49,175.
Camaro came in at $49,460.

http://shop.ford.com/build/mustang/2...9W.96B.19B.%5D
http://www.chevrolet.com/byo-vc/clie...X%2B5tNV9NAwAA

$285 difference. Or, like 1/3 of a month's car note. Basically, inconsequential.

So, the cars have the same price and same performance (on paper, so far). It comes down to looks and personal preference. I drove a '16 GT for 2 weeks as a rental in Tampa, FL. Nice car . . . but I bought my SS 3 months later.
Is that adding the 6 pot brakes on the Camaro? If so, the 4 pot stock have already proved to be better as the Ford still only has single pot in rear. So there is no need for the 6pot for Camaro unless you get the 1LE.
13vertss is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2017, 02:51 PM   #119
khell86

Drives: 2012 Ford Focus
That was probably most likely due to the shitty PZero's the PP used. With these new tires, look to the GTPP to brake quite better.
khell86 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2017, 02:54 PM   #120
show7ime

Drives: 2017 1SS Summit White
So you mean to tell me that the prices increase on the base GT and throughout the GT lineup considerably ... and the only way to achieve SS level of performance is to get the PP AND utilize a drag strip mode?

Get in a Camaro and just drive. That seems simple and more fun.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
show7ime is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2017, 02:57 PM   #121
00 Trans Ram

Quote:
Originally Posted by 13vertss/r's View Post
Is that adding the 6 pot brakes on the Camaro? If so, the 4 pot stock have already proved to be better as the Ford still only has single pot in rear. So there is no need for the 6pot for Camaro unless you get the 1LE.
It is adding those. I have them for track days. Not so much for initial stopping, but combating fade over time. (and, to be perfectly honest, they look awesome)
Old 07-25-2017, 03:02 PM   #122
13vertss

Quote:
Originally Posted by 00 Trans Ram View Post
It is adding those. I have them for track days. Not so much for initial stopping, but combating fade over time. (and, to be perfectly honest, they look awesome)
Then why not get the 1le?
Old 07-25-2017, 03:04 PM   #123
13vertss

Quote:
Originally Posted by khell86 View Post
That was probably most likely due to the shitty PZero's the PP used. With these new tires, look to the GTPP to brake quite better.
It may be better or match the Camaro now with better tires, but for a car like the Mustang to still have single pot rear brakes is a shame.
Old 07-25-2017, 03:25 PM   #124
BlaqWhole
Account Suspended

Drives: 2017 Camaro ZL1 A10
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mustang Fanboy View Post
How is the 1SS 1LE nearly matching the ZL1s time around WS working for you?
Fine with me...considering the Shelby can't beat it. The SS matches the Shelby in a straight line and around a track. So at least us Camaro owners can get Shelby performance for under $40,000. You guys get V6 Camaro performance for the same price and V8 Camaro performance for $60,000...plus an extra $10,000 to a dealership owner!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mustang Fanboy View Post
Well done.

It’s interesting that Ford lists the EB as under 5 seconds as well.

Regardless, it’s a silly argument.

How is the 1SS 1LE nearly matching the ZL1s time around WS working for you?

You are just so damn chapped about people willing to pay ADM. Get over it man.

You can only hope.
LOL, I hope they charge ADM on the GT as well.

Quote:
I think it will do better than 12.6 Hell my buddies 12 GT auto ran a 12.70 bone stock I would hope with the improvements the 18 has it does better than that and I think it will. BUT it would have to be A10, PP and magneride probably. I don't think all A10 cars will be that quick.

I also had a response to constant belittling of the 350, but not worth cluttering up this thread anymore with that.

Yep, the 350 will still plod along fine, the engine name and just appeal of it will help it move.

While not bad prices, it definitely lost any real price advantage it had against Camaro. It will be really interesting to see sales when there is nothing but 18's out there. And I really hate Ford's packaging. There are hardly any standalone options. Almost everything is a package.

yeah thats on the steep side! I would never pay that much for a Mustang/Camaro/Challenger. Only if it was a special model, but not for the regular V8
The 12 GT actually WAS a high 12. It was lighter, had a good amount of hp/tq for it's weight, had the solid axle, and it was able to do those times. The 13s and 14s also. The SS was doing a 12.8-13.0 back then. But the Mustang has since gained weight and employed IRS and the build is overall cheaper. So the S550 is a 13.0 now. I don't think all these additions will add up to it dropping 8 tenths off it's quarter mile. It is still heavier than the SS, it is still down by 35 tq...so having a 10 hp advantage is not gonna drastically improve it especially if all the supporting mods are not improved.

I have nothing good to say about the Shelby. It is what it is. But these cars do not sell on engine appeal and nomenclature. People paid the amount of money they did for the Shelby because they thought it would be the extreme machine that Ford made it out to be. It then lost to the ZL1 and couldn't beat the SS. Now you're gonna have a GT that can match it. So what would be the point of buying a Shelby that gets beat by a GT, SS, and ZL1? If people are that stupid that they'll pay for a name then they deserve to lose every penny they have. Heck I hope they do keep selling. Like I said, they'll be the laughing stock of the Muscle car world.
BlaqWhole is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2017, 03:42 PM   #125
00 Trans Ram

Quote:
Originally Posted by 13vertss/r's View Post
Then why not get the 1le?
Wanted leather seats and some of the other 2SS creature comforts.

Basically, this car is just for "fun" track days. If I get serious and want to really race, I'll use the racecar (which is just a hassle to get ready for a race sometimes).
Old 07-25-2017, 03:44 PM   #126
Mustang Fanboy
Account Suspended

Drives: Poop
Quote:
Originally Posted by BlaqWhole View Post
Fine with me...considering the Shelby can't beat it. The SS matches the Shelby in a straight line and around a track. So at least us Camaro owners can get Shelby performance for under $40,000. You guys get V6 Camaro performance for the same price and V8 Camaro performance for $60,000...plus an extra $10,000 to a dealership owner!!

LOL, I hope they charge ADM on the GT as well.

The 12 GT actually WAS a high 12. It was lighter, had a good amount of hp/tq for it's weight, had the solid axle, and it was able to do those times. The 13s and 14s also. The SS was doing a 12.8-13.0 back then. But the Mustang has since gained weight and employed IRS and the build is overall cheaper. So the S550 is a 13.0 now. I don't think all these additions will add up to it dropping 8 tenths off it's quarter mile. It is still heavier than the SS, it is still down by 35 tq...so having a 10 hp advantage is not gonna drastically improve it especially if all the supporting mods are not improved.

I have nothing good to say about the Shelby. It is what it is. But these cars do not sell on engine appeal and nomenclature. People paid the amount of money they did for the Shelby because they thought it would be the extreme machine that Ford made it out to be. It then lost to the ZL1 and couldn't beat the SS. Now you're gonna have a GT that can match it. So what would be the point of buying a Shelby that gets beat by a GT, SS, and ZL1? If people are that stupid that they'll pay for a name then they deserve to lose every penny they have. Heck I hope they do keep selling. Like I said, they'll be the laughing stock of the Muscle car world.
Seriously, how can you still not understand that a lack of torque on the line can be made up by gearing? How are you still not able to do simple math? 12.9-0.6=12.3.

And you're still talking about the GT350.
Mustang Fanboy is offline   Reply With Quote