Drives: 2013 GB GT
7400rpm redline
FastCarFanBoy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2017, 11:51 AM   #143
SS2017

Drives: 2SS & GT Premium
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mustang Fanboy View Post
The torque difference can be felt with daily driving, yes. When you are looking for performance, the only torque that matters is what is multiplied through the drivetrain to the road, and how effective the gearing is to maintain within that powerband.
You just like to say things to make yourself feel like you're right....I've noticed this in my few days here.

Quote:
Performance Notes:
The GT Performance Pack with MagneRide should be faster than the 2012-2013 Mustang Boss 302.
I find this hilarious as Ford said the '15 GT PP (and I own one) was going to best the Boss 302, we know how that panned out. Maybe the second time will be a charm.

Quote:
The manual transmission for both engine options has been upgraded for optimal torque. For the V8, the manual transmission has been totally redesigned to include a twin-disc clutch and dual-mass flywheel to increase torque capability and deliver more efficient clutch modulation.
Actually no, the transmissions are the same. The clutch and the flywheel have been upgraded. Those are not internal transmission parts.

I assume Ford wrote this, and you copy and pasted, but they need to hire copywriters who actually have a clue, or have someone proof read this stuff!
SS2017 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2017, 11:52 AM   #144
Obzen
Pull up Cougar!

Drives: 2016 2SS
I'll take that digital instrument cluster. Glad they replaced that ugly pseudo retro cluster they had going before.

The front end looks like garbage though.
Obzen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2017, 11:53 AM   #145
khell86

Drives: 2012 Ford Focus
Quote:
Originally Posted by SS2017 View Post
You just like to say things to make yourself feel like you're right....I've noticed this in my few days here.

I find this hilarious as Ford said the '15 GT PP (and I own one) was going to best the Boss 302, we know how that panned out. Maybe the second time will be a charm.

Actually no, the transmissions are the same. The clutch and the flywheel have been upgraded. Those are not internal transmission parts.

I assume Ford wrote this, and you copy and pasted, but they need to hire copywriters who actually have a clue!
Actually the 15 GTPP was faster than the Boss 302.
khell86 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2017, 11:53 AM   #146
Mr. Wyndham
I used to be Dragoneye...

Drives: 2018 ZL1 1LE
Send a message via AIM to Mr. Wyndham
Quote:
Originally Posted by crankaholic View Post
Yeah, the Camaro did bring about those features in the Mustang... I don't think anyone can deny that. But the Camaro is not the first sports car to have those features and the 10-speed was co-developed by Ford and GM.

I honestly don't have a brand affinity one way or the other. The Camaro was just the better car a year ago, and maybe it still is. Having good competition will improve all cars and that's something we should celebrate.

I still don't think it should be labeled ugly though...
The 2012 ZL1 really did a lot to redefine the entire segment. It was impressive and super fast back then...but now we are really seeing the impact...MR, active exhaust, Recaro seats, among many many other features were a first in a car in this price range. "Lesser" Camaros have now benefitted from it, and it seems like Mustang engineers have finally gotten the hint that if they want to go fast, they've got to use these systems.

For the record, I didn't say the features were specifically the Camaros. But they are things that the Camaro has relied heavily upon to tout its technological superiority.

As far as ugly? I didn't like the new Mustang body style in 2015...and I still can't stand it. The new front end is sinful. Proportions are all wrong. It looks bulbous, but droopy....but I know...beauty is in the eye of the beholder, etc....

Quote:
Originally Posted by SpeedIsLife View Post
Considering that GM and Ford developed the 10 speed together I don't think it's fair to say that Ford is following GM's lead on putting the A10 in the Mustang.

It was pretty much a given that eventually the A10 will be the primary RWD transmission for both companies given how much money they've sunk into it.
I didn't say that directly. Just remarking on how proven technologies just....work. Ford sells cars, for sure...but they haven't been quick to adopt these systems.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SS 1LE View Post
I read this (Mustang) is going up in price too...base price is going to rise as well they said since the old base car is now gone (no more V6).
No more 6? That's a bold move.....very interesting....
Old 01-17-2017, 11:53 AM   #147
Bhobbs

Drives: 2015 SS 1LE Red Hot, 1970 Chevelle
Would be nice if GM bumped power with a refresh too.
Old 01-17-2017, 11:54 AM   #148
SS2017

Quote:
Originally Posted by khell86 View Post
Engine RPM is 4700... could be 470 HP and 455 TQ :O lol
I don't see a 55 lb ft jump happening. More like 25 lb ft.
Old 01-17-2017, 11:55 AM   #149
SS2017

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bhobbs View Post
Would be nice if GM bumped power with a refresh too.
Corvette would have to get one first...the LT1 doesn't even really need a bump.
Old 01-17-2017, 11:57 AM   #150
RagingHawk

Drives: Fuel efficient compact sedan :)
They upgraded infotainment system, instrumental cluster, power, and transmission for standard model GT's. That is a good upgrade.

Regarding the rest, the performance exhaust, MRC are optional according to Ford. The rear wing, new Sport Cup 4 tires, brakes and wheels are standard on the performance pack. Nothing seems to have been changed suspension wise, which is good for sales, but not performance. It appears to still have that body roll and it looks heavier to me, still heavier than the Camaro.

The standard SS can still best the PP GT with better tires, if that's even needed, we'll need to see.
RagingHawk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2017, 12:00 PM   #151
Obzen
Pull up Cougar!

Drives: 2016 2SS
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. Wyndham View Post

No more 6? That's a bold move.....very interesting....
It makes sense for Ford. They'll just push the ecoboost like they do in all their other cars.

It makes more power and gets substantially better gas mileage.
Obzen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2017, 12:06 PM   #152
SS2017

Quote:
All I see is dollar signs. Damn thing is going to cost a fortune. 16 fuel injectors. Michelin PS4 tires. Active exhaust.

They are giving everything people seem to want, but no way is the performance pack going to be a inexpensive option anymore.
I agree, the Mustang GT price advantage with equal options now will most likely evaporate.
Old 01-17-2017, 12:06 PM   #153
crankaholic

Drives: 2016 Camaro 2SS
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. Wyndham View Post
The 2012 ZL1 really did a lot to redefine the entire segment. It was impressive and super fast back then...but now we are really seeing the impact...MR, active exhaust, Recaro seats, among many many other features were a first in a car in this price range. "Lesser" Camaros have now benefitted from it, and it seems like Mustang engineers have finally gotten the hint that if they want to go fast, they've got to use these systems.

For the record, I didn't say the features were specifically the Camaros. But they are things that the Camaro has relied heavily upon to tout its technological superiority.

As far as ugly? I didn't like the new Mustang body style in 2015...and I still can't stand it. The new front end is sinful. Proportions are all wrong. It looks bulbous, but droopy....but I know...beauty is in the eye of the beholder, etc....
I completely agree... Camaro brought all those high-end features to this segment of cars Mustang did bring high-revving engines to the people though, and that's worth noting as well.

That's true, style is very subjective. I just feel a lot of people here are saying it's ugly just because it's a Mustang...
Old 01-17-2017, 12:14 PM   #154
gringo
Account Suspended

Drives: Camaro V6
I think it looks good. It now makes the 6th gen look really tall and narrow in the front.
gringo is offline   Reply With Quote