Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

TireRack
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Technical Camaro Topics > Cosmetics and Lighting Modification Discussions

Old 01-02-2013, 05:45 AM   #1
mgoodbar
White 2ss, LT, CAI, Tune

Drives: 2010 L99
im sure this has been done/asked

I have a 2ss camaro L99, What can I do to the lights, they are not quite as bright as they were when I bought the car last year.. well a year ago. I would lile to liven them up some.. maybe the super bright blue lights or something like that... help me out on this one.. also today I was just going to pop a bulb out and take a look, but they did not look like anything i have messed with before. there a circut boards and extra stuff in the housing... any one have a DIY on this..
mgoodbar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2013, 05:53 AM   #2
ZL-Bee
Account Suspended

Drives: 2010 Camaro 2SS/RS
are they the RS HID's? Or just the plain headlamps. If they're the plain ones I'd swap them out for a set of HID's.
ZL-Bee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2013, 09:40 AM   #3
SSMickey

Drives: 2010 IBM 2SS
Sounds like your describing an HID bulb. Not to sure what to do if so. HID's tend to just quit instead of getting dimmer over time. If you have regular halogen bulbs, then I suggest replacing them with "Silver Star Ultra's" Pricy, but a good upgrade for halogen lights unless you want to convert or retrofit HID's.
Old 01-02-2013, 10:35 AM   #4
DagoCountyGee

Drives: '15 SS
Www.ddmtuning.com.
DagoCountyGee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2013, 10:54 AM   #5
Denis

Drives: 2010 SS
Quote:
Originally Posted by SSMickey View Post
Sounds like your describing an HID bulb. Not to sure what to do if so. HID's tend to just quit instead of getting dimmer over time. If you have regular halogen bulbs, then I suggest replacing them with "Silver Star Ultra's" Pricy, but a good upgrade for halogen lights unless you want to convert or retrofit HID's.
This! I've had silverstars on all of my cars up until this one. (First time having HID's)