Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Bigwormgraphix
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > 5th Gen Camaro SS LS LT General Discussions

Old 01-08-2013, 07:33 AM   #29
Explit Player
IG @Brian_ _Self

Drives: 2010 Camaro 2SS M6+17'Tesla Model S
LS7! Are you mental? If the LS7 doesnt come out, the price may go down on the Hot Wheels one. LS7 for sure to go with!
Old 01-08-2013, 07:43 AM   #30
ST1LE

Drives: E92 BMW M3
I guess its also a question of budget....keep in mind and LS7 Camaro, if it ever exists, will not be cheap. You will likely pay somewhere in between the ZL1 price and the 2SS price.
Old 01-08-2013, 07:51 AM   #31
FINALLYSATISFIED
Est.1775

Drives: '15 Challenger Hellcat (sold)
Hot Wheels is a very beautiful car. I was thinking about getting it but its just another pretty Camaro, the 1LE package can't be combined with it so I opted not to get it. Plus I wouldn't want the HW to be my daily driver and it would have.
FINALLYSATISFIED is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2013, 08:27 AM   #32
joeybsyc

Drives: 2010 Aqua Blue Metallic 2SS
Quote:
Originally Posted by ST1LE View Post
I guess its also a question of budget....keep in mind and LS7 Camaro, if it ever exists, will not be cheap. You will likely pay somewhere in between the ZL1 price and the 2SS price.
Where do you think a Hotwheels car is priced??? Same bracket buddy. I'd take 500 hp over hotwheels stickers any day.
Old 01-08-2013, 08:41 AM   #33
Angrybird 12
7 year Cancer Survivor!

Drives: 17 Cruze RS, 07 G6 GT, 99 Astro
Quote:
Originally Posted by joeybsyc View Post
Where do you think a Hotwheels car is priced??? Same bracket buddy. I'd take 500 hp over hotwheels stickers any day.
Well the hotwheels is a for sure thing,and for a limited time. The LS7 may or may not come to pass. Plus if it does you have no idea what the price point will be.
You know the old saying," a bird in the hand is worth two in the bush".
Old 01-08-2013, 01:52 PM   #34
blackswan

Drives: 2012 2LT/RS
Real info, love it.
blackswan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2013, 01:53 PM   #35
blackswan

Drives: 2012 2LT/RS
For some, it's the color. I would de-badge the hw stickers and get a new batch with the car to add on later upon sale or show. Great color.
blackswan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2013, 06:11 PM   #36
ZL-Bee
Account Suspended

Drives: 2010 Camaro 2SS/RS

Really this question again??!!

For anyone who even has questions like this you guys better remember that the LS7 IFthey do add it to the 2014 Camaro that it's going to be with a special package any will likely automatically cost in the $47k-$53k range. The LS7 will not be a new standard for $35k Camaro 1SS, or $40k Camaro 2SS. So how realistic of a purchase would one be for those posting these questions first of all.

That being said it's just a rumor and has no hard facts behind it until Al Oppenheiser or Scott Settlemire says, or until the actual 2014 details are posted. If someone forgets about a Car that they wanted and ordered for an LS7 powered Camaro and then news comes out that there will be no LS7 then you'd feel like a fool.

Buy the real car of your dreams now instead of holding out for something that may not come.
ZL-Bee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2013, 06:17 PM   #37
2xSSRS

Drives: 2017 SS Black on Black A8
Quote:
Originally Posted by TonyMeatball View Post
I ordered the car 2 weeks ago...I'm sure they are going to making more then 500 LS7 cars. I'm not worried about paying over sticker for a car I used to own a chevy dealership, have a good friend that owns one now and mu cosin has one in maine I get the cars at cost.
Some dealers are still trying to jack the price on the ZL1. I can just picture what they will do to the sticker on the LS7. IMO, stay where you are at.
Old 01-08-2013, 06:28 PM   #38
Angrybird 12
7 year Cancer Survivor!

Quote:
Originally Posted by blackswan View Post
For some, it's the color. I would de-badge the hw stickers and get a new batch with the car to add on later upon sale or show. Great color.
You could apply some of that magnetic rubber stuff to the old badges and just stick them on for car shows. Of courts that wouldn't work for the grill emblem
Old 01-08-2013, 07:34 PM   #39
2cnd chance
Too Many Great Choices

Drives: Grand Sport/Z07
Quote:
Originally Posted by ZL-Bee View Post

Really this question again??!!

For anyone who even has questions like this you guys better remember that the LS7 IFthey do add it to the 2014 Camaro that it's going to be with a special package any will likely automatically cost in the $47k-$53k range. The LS7 will not be a new standard for $35k Camaro 1SS, or $40k Camaro 2SS. So how realistic of a purchase would one be for those posting these questions first of all.

That being said it's just a rumor and has no hard facts behind it until Al Oppenheiser or Scott Settlemire says, or until the actual 2014 details are posted. If someone forgets about a Car that they wanted and ordered for an LS7 powered Camaro and then news comes out that there will be no LS7 then you'd feel like a fool.

Buy the real car of your dreams now instead of holding out for something that may not come.

The fact that they've not debunked the "rumor" says a lot.
2cnd chance is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2013, 08:25 PM   #40
Bodih
I Got My Orange Crush

Drives: it like I stoles it...
I don't know how anyone can compare these two options;
- One exists (or will), the other is an unconfirmed rumor.
- One is a series of stickers and a paint color, the other is all about performance.
- To buy either one as an investment, thinking it will appreciate, is a big gamble at best. Hope you own it and live long enough to see whichever you chose increase in value...

My love is in league with the freeway. Its passion will ride, as the cities fly by, and the tail-lights dissolve in the coming of night. And the questions in thousands take flight ~Robert Plant - Big Log~
Bodih is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2013, 09:22 PM   #41
ZL-Bee
Account Suspended

Drives: 2010 Camaro 2SS/RS
It only took almost to the arrival date for the speculated Z28 to be debunked and called the ZL1. What was that like a year or two in the making? I wouldn't be surprised either way about the LS7 but anyone could have typo'ed LS7 onto that 2014 VIN sheet or maybe even photo-shopped the pic. If I were to question the legitimacy it'd be because where would you position the LS7 between the 2SS, 1LE, and ZL1. If 2SS/RS models are pushing $40k-$45k, and 1LE's are a few thousand more, and the ZL1 sits in the $55k-$60k range. Then the other question is would an LS7 Camaro step on the toes of the ZL1? Probably, if the LS7 Camaro is cheaper than the ZL1. All this unless GM doesn't care about profit from the LS7 anymore and makes it a measure to top Ford in a way that they can't match on the SS model. Those are some of the reasons why I question whether it is legit.
ZL-Bee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2013, 09:28 PM   #42
Angrybird 12
7 year Cancer Survivor!

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZL-Bee View Post
It only took almost to the arrival date for the speculated Z28 to be debunked and called the ZL1. What was that like a year or two in the making? I wouldn't be surprised either way about the LS7 but anyone could have typo'ed LS7 onto that 2014 VIN sheet or maybe even photo-shopped the pic. If I were to question the legitimacy it'd be because where would you position the LS7 between the 2SS, 1LE, and ZL1. If 2SS/RS models are pushing $40k-$45k, and 1LE's are a few thousand more, and the ZL1 sits in the $55k-$60k range. Then the other question is would an LS7 Camaro step on the toes of the ZL1? Probably, if the LS7 Camaro is cheaper than the ZL1. All this unless GM doesn't care about profit from the LS7 anymore and makes it a measure to top Ford in a way that they can't match on the SS model. Those are some of the reasons why I question whether it is legit.
Here's a what if, what if the LS7 turns out to be a street legal version of the COPO? Mainly designed for drag racing... Now there's something to chew on