Homepage Garage Wiki Register Community Calendar Today's Posts Search
#Camaro6
Go Back   CAMARO6 > Engine | Drivetrain | Powertrain Technical Discussions > Forced Induction Discussions

AWE Tuning

Old 08-11-2018, 02:17 AM   #1
J_MENIS

Drives: 2016 Camaro 2SS
Procharger P series

Are there any street differences between the P1SC and P1X? Quicker boost? Etc etc?

Not looking to make wild power. Just want to know the difference between the two in the real world
J_MENIS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2018, 08:27 AM   #2
Dysan911

Drives: 2017 50th Anniversary 2SS
I believe the P1x is good for another 10-15 HP over the P1SC at the same boost level.
Former Ride: 17 Camaro 2SS, M6 - Fifty | Procharger P1SC | 3.7 Pulley | Stage 2 IC | Race Bypass | DSX FF Kit | JRE Custom E85 Flex Fuel Tune | LT4 Fuel System | JMS Voltage Booster | MSD Plug Wires | American Racing 1-7/8's LT Headers Full System Catback | Baro Breakout Harness | LT4 Map Sensor | Katech Ported TB | MMS Oil Catch Can | 160 Thermo | Solo Performance J-Pipes

Dysan911 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2018, 11:46 AM   #3
oldman

Drives: SS 6 speed of course
I was impressed with P1SC and then all the really strong P1X dyno cam out, and yesterday a really strong, very healthy torque small pulley P1SC dyno cam out. I like to play with cars and a small pulley P1SC would be something I would like to play with. As stated above and on Procharger's web page 10 to 15 HP at the same boost.... I went the other route because I was already down that rabbit hole, a D1x, cam, heads, and headers... same power, less toque from bottom to mid, but way less boost needed for any given power level, hopefully less heat issues in Texas... but yeah the legitimate counter is what a little heat compared to a way better power curve, way way less money, and stock dependability of the long block?

So if I knew then what I know now (not addressing fuel / tune)

1) P1X 3.7 pulley, 10 PSI, stage II intercooler with race BOV CA front cat deletes, move 02 sensors behind factory second cats

Vs

2) D1x 4.5 pulley, 7 PSI, long tube, cats, heads, cam

Same max power, option 1 is way cheaper, way easier, IMO is going to be far more "fun", has an impressive torque curve. The post on the "finally some numbers" the OP says with full off road pipes the car sounds awesome... so take my comments on sound below with a grain of salt. It maybe a trans issue, for me and a M6 ( I originally had CA pipes), nothing beats LT with cats and a supercharger...

Option2 sounds really bad action. A supercharged long tube cam setup is really a nice mean sounding setup, idle, daily driving, WOT thru the gears it is an incredible sound. You are taking an engine apart and installing aftermarket stuff so you have to add that into the dependability / reliability equation. Next advantage is option 2 has enough head room to make some serious power when the wheels of emotions fly off the rails of sensibility.
Forged short block, large duration sub .600 lift Cam Motion cam, 7200 RPM fuel cut, Pray Ported Heads, 3.85 pulley D1X, stage II intercooler, DSX secondary low side, DSX E85 sensor, Lingenfelter big bore 2.0 pump, ported front cats, 60608 Borla, LT4 injectors, ZL1 1LE driveshaft and Katech ported TB, ported MSD intake, BTR valvetrain, ARP studs, ProFlow valves, PS4 tires.

Last edited by oldman; 08-11-2018 at 12:01 PM.
oldman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2018, 09:00 AM   #4
J_MENIS

Quote:
Originally Posted by oldman View Post
I was impressed with P1SC and then all the really strong P1X dyno cam out, and yesterday a really strong, very healthy torque small pulley P1SC dyno cam out. I like to play with cars and a small pulley P1SC would be something I would like to play with. As stated above and on Procharger's web page 10 to 15 HP at the same boost.... I went the other route because I was already down that rabbit hole, a D1x, cam, heads, and headers... same power, less toque from bottom to mid, but way less boost needed for any given power level, hopefully less heat issues in Texas... but yeah the legitimate counter is what a little heat compared to a way better power curve, way way less money, and stock dependability of the long block?

So if I knew then what I know now (not addressing fuel / tune)

1) P1X 3.7 pulley, 10 PSI, stage II intercooler with race BOV CA front cat deletes, move 02 sensors behind factory second cats

Vs

2) D1x 4.5 pulley, 7 PSI, long tube, cats, heads, cam

Same max power, option 1 is way cheaper, way easier, IMO is going to be far more "fun", has an impressive torque curve. The post on the "finally some numbers" the OP says with full off road pipes the car sounds awesome... so take my comments on sound below with a grain of salt. It maybe a trans issue, for me and a M6 ( I originally had CA pipes), nothing beats LT with cats and a supercharger...

Option2 sounds really bad action. A supercharged long tube cam setup is really a nice mean sounding setup, idle, daily driving, WOT thru the gears it is an incredible sound. You are taking an engine apart and installing aftermarket stuff so you have to add that into the dependability / reliability equation. Next advantage is option 2 has enough head room to make some serious power when the wheels of emotions fly off the rails of sensibility.
Does the P1X come with a 3.7 pulley or is that something you have to request? And if so why go with that size ?
Old 08-15-2018, 10:28 AM   #5
oldman

my P1SC came with a 4" pulley for 7 PSI at +160 HP (on stock engine) at sea level, on my heavily modified engine I would see 6 PSI...hard to watch the gauge when your car is all over the road.

my D1x came (actually with any pulley), with a 4.5 pulley and it puts out 7 PSI on a heavily modified engine. Procharger originally said I would need a 4.25 pulley fro 7 PSI, but I got a lot of mail for forum members saying that it would go above 7 PSI... they were correct, at least I assume so, because I'm at 7 PSI on a 4.5 pulley.

don't know the p1x but assume that for sea level and stock engine at 7 PSI it is a 4.0 pulley. I have not calculated max rev as I don't need to worry about it, but for the 7000+ engine RPM guys the D series does have a lower head unit max RPM...

https://www.procharger.com/automotiv...-superchargers
Forged short block, large duration sub .600 lift Cam Motion cam, 7200 RPM fuel cut, Pray Ported Heads, 3.85 pulley D1X, stage II intercooler, DSX secondary low side, DSX E85 sensor, Lingenfelter big bore 2.0 pump, ported front cats, 60608 Borla, LT4 injectors, ZL1 1LE driveshaft and Katech ported TB, ported MSD intake, BTR valvetrain, ARP studs, ProFlow valves, PS4 tires.
Old 08-15-2018, 11:09 AM   #6
grampa_ss

I got 9psi on the 3.9 pulley. And it did have to be requested, or rather...the shop told Procharger our altitude and power requested. Procharger sent the 3.9 with the kit.
Old 08-15-2018, 02:49 PM   #7
Inkedmongo

Drives: 2ss
If you are looking for a setup I have a new d1x stage II kit for sale. Ask anyone here it's the best bang for your buck with my price, and everyone that starts off with a P series always wishes they went larger.
Inkedmongo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2018, 03:07 PM   #8
Drsagacity

Drives: 2017 Camaro 2SS Nightfall Gray vert
Quote:
Originally Posted by Inkedmongo View Post
If you are looking for a setup I have a new d1x stage II kit for sale. Ask anyone here it's the best bang for your buck with my price, and everyone that starts off with a P series always wishes they went larger.
Inked? What happened man? I thought you were looking forward to the transformation. You already have all the toys...weren't you doing most of the work yourself?

For sure if anyone is looking he has the best deal going if you want to go with a centri blower.

2018 Corvette Z06 vert- Black
To be tuned by JRE Racing
TBD performance
Drsagacity is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2018, 03:43 PM   #9
Inkedmongo

Drives: 2ss
Quote:
Originally Posted by Drsagacity View Post
Inked? What happened man? I thought you were looking forward to the transformation. You already have all the toys...weren't you doing most of the work yourself?

For sure if anyone is looking he has the best deal going if you want to go with a centri blower.
Yeah I was looking forward to the build for sure, but out of the few reasons I decided to not build, two stuck out the most.

The first was having to take my car in for a new converter a few weeks back. I knew this was a common problem with the A8 and usually resolved with the converter replacement, but it made me question if I was really prepared to jeopardize and lose the warranty on my vehicle.

The second was when I sat down and added up what I had invested, and how much the rest of the parts and tuning was going to cost to complete my goal, I just had to make the call, and it's rough. I could have just thrown the centri kit on with a tune and called it a day, but we know it's a rabbit hole.

I appreciate the kind words on my setup being quality and great priced, you would be surprised at how many people I have trying to bend me over with their offers. I thought my parts would sell fast passing brand new and unused items on to others for a good discount from what they would pay for them from a vendor, but we always have to account for the few that want something for nothing, or assume a person is selling something to avoid eviction or legal fees or something. LOL
Inkedmongo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2018, 12:02 AM   #10
J_MENIS

Quote:
Originally Posted by Inkedmongo View Post
Yeah I was looking forward to the build for sure, but out of the few reasons I decided to not build, two stuck out the most.

The first was having to take my car in for a new converter a few weeks back. I knew this was a common problem with the A8 and usually resolved with the converter replacement, but it made me question if I was really prepared to jeopardize and lose the warranty on my vehicle.

The second was when I sat down and added up what I had invested, and how much the rest of the parts and tuning was going to cost to complete my goal, I just had to make the call, and it's rough. I could have just thrown the centri kit on with a tune and called it a day, but we know it's a rabbit hole.

I appreciate the kind words on my setup being quality and great priced, you would be surprised at how many people I have trying to bend me over with their offers. I thought my parts would sell fast passing brand new and unused items on to others for a good discount from what they would pay for them from a vendor, but we always have to account for the few that want something for nothing, or assume a person is selling something to avoid eviction or legal fees or something. LOL
Can you PM me the price shipped to 94112. Was looking to buy a kit by the end of the month. But not committed to it yet.
Old 08-16-2018, 09:01 AM   #11
KingLT1

Drives: 2016 1SS NFG A8
its in the classifieds.

https://www.camaro6.com/forums/showthread.php?t=535420
Per. times- 10.5 @ 137 w/ 1.8 60ft Full weight on 20's 1200DA
KingLT1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2018, 04:04 PM   #12
bpang1234
You can only YOLO once.

Drives: '16 2SS & '15 Subaru Forester
I got the P-1X due to ProCharger saying it is good for a bit more HP and better spool up. However, I have no idea how that difference feels compared to the normal one. It was probably worth the money I just wouldn't be able to tell you I truly can feel it.
-1st Car to have the "full" SEMA High Performance Graphics kit from 6LEDesigns.
-1st Car to have the 6LEDesigns Blade Spoiler.
-Borla S-Type w/ custom H-Pipe
-Procharger P-1X Stage 2
bpang1234 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2018, 08:34 AM   #13
Dysan911

Drives: 2017 50th Anniversary 2SS
FWIW, I highlighted the differences between the two so you can clearly see the improvements over the other.

Former Ride: 17 Camaro 2SS, M6 - Fifty | Procharger P1SC | 3.7 Pulley | Stage 2 IC | Race Bypass | DSX FF Kit | JRE Custom E85 Flex Fuel Tune | LT4 Fuel System | JMS Voltage Booster | MSD Plug Wires | American Racing 1-7/8's LT Headers Full System Catback | Baro Breakout Harness | LT4 Map Sensor | Katech Ported TB | MMS Oil Catch Can | 160 Thermo | Solo Performance J-Pipes

Dysan911 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2018, 08:59 AM   #14
oldman

I would be interested to learn about how your much boost you are making thru the RPM. To my mind, you have a near-optimal setup for the P1SC in terms of bang for the dollar, performance and mid range response.