Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

TireRack
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > 5th Gen Camaro SS LS LT General Discussions

Closed Thread

Old 02-19-2014, 06:01 AM   #99
PalmerGA

Drives: 2013 SIM 1SS/RS L99
2013 1SS/RS Coupe L99, Stainless Power Works LT Headers, SCT X4 Custom Tune from RDP, CAI Inc. Air Intake w/ Apex Scoop, VMAX CNC Ported Throttle Body, Solo Axle-Back Exhaust w/ J-pipes, Apex Catch Can, Husky Splash Guards, Heritage Grille, 3D Carbon Rear Spoiler, Oracle Chrome Turn Signal Bulbs, GM Reverse Light Trim Billets, Gorilla Black Locking Lugs, Emblem Pros Retro SS Badges/Custom Retro SS Kickplates/Under-hood Bowtie, 35% window Tint, Nitto Motivo Tires (6-8-18)
Old 02-19-2014, 08:04 AM   #100
Ladybugsmom
Older than I look....

Drives: 2010 VR Camaro 2SS/RS LS3
It amazes me how so many people, including the creator of the meme, defend it's poor taste by saying they didn't know that the car belonged to a member of the forums. Did you actually LOOK at the car?? How can you NOT recognize the Klingon symbol on the front bowtie?? Probably one of the more unique cars on this forum....

Kevin, I'm glad you and Nicole are OK, and hope to see that bird of prey on the road again soon - or at least hear it!!
Attached Images

Old 02-19-2014, 11:11 AM   #101
caverman

Drives: '69 SS Convertible
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ladybugsmom View Post
It amazes me how so many people, including the creator of the meme, defend it's poor taste by saying they didn't know that the car belonged to a member of the forums. Did you actually LOOK at the car?? How can you NOT recognize the Klingon symbol on the front bowtie?? Probably one of the more unique cars on this forum....

Kevin, I'm glad you and Nicole are OK, and hope to see that bird of prey on the road again soon - or at least hear it!!
Based on that picture I can't see any kind of symbol on the bowtie. It looks like a black bowtie outlined in red. You recognize it because you know the car and the owner. Most of us on here don't. I've been an active member on this forum for over 4 yrs and I've never seen that Klingon symbol or the car before. I even went searching for pictures of the car on the forum and found zero. Why is it someone should recognize the car because of a red outlined bowtie?

I'm glad the owner is ok and no one got hurt. I would be extremely pissed and depressed if anything similar happened to my car as well.

I will say that being a vendor it was probably not a good idea to post something like that under the vendor name without permission. I'm betting the OP and the company as a whole learned from this one as well. However, Pfadt is a stand up company and there is no reason why someone should take their business elsewhere because of one post that was not done with malicious intent (at least not IMO).
-2010 Camaro 2SS | M6 | VR w/White Stripes | 1 3/4" KOOKS - 3" Magnaflow | LPE 3.91 gears | ADM tuned | Halltech w/ADM Scoop | Spohn/BMR Trailing Arm/Toe Rod | BC Coilovers| Pedders FE4 ZL1 swaybars | Cradle/Diff/Radius Rod bushings | VMax TB | Morimoto Projectors | MGW shifter | Red Calipers
Build Journal
Old 02-19-2014, 05:41 PM   #102
MikeInVegas

Drives: 2013 2SS
Quote:
Originally Posted by Misty View Post
Did you even once for a moment think that the person in this car could have been seriously hurt or killed? Did you ever stop to consider how it would feel to see your car that you had put your heart and soul into post on a forum to be ridiculed and laughed at?

This car happens to belong to a friend of mine. Luckily he and his wife or anyone else involved was not seriously hurt in the accident. Yes, the car is covered by insurance and will be repaired but it is a heartbreaking experience to endure.

You are a vendor. A professional business. SHAME ON YOU! How would you like it if someone where to start posting pictures of your business with disrespectful quotes? I am sure you would be none to happy. This definately does not encourage me to do business with your company or to refer my friends to a company with such disrespect. Next time I suggest you might consider what you are posting before you post especially if you are going to advertise your business and associate it with such a tasteless post.
You can pretty much tell that nobody was seriously hurt. Firefighters love to pull out windshields and his is intact. There isn't significant body damage showing.

Had this picture been of a Mustang, I doubt we would have any of the negativity here. We all need to stop and take a breath.

Hopefully at some point he will be able to laugh at the situation. My biggest embarrassing mistake was when I was snowmobiling with my wife. She was going faster than me, so I tried to cut a corner on a trail. I ended up crashing and breaking my hip. Yeah, I get crap that my wife was going faster than me. I take it in stride now. And I don't try to keep up with her.
Old 02-19-2014, 06:38 PM   #103
ChrisBlair
Buick 455 Fan

Drives: 1970 Buick, 2012 1SS LS3
The bottom line here is that the guy that had the crash bought the right to not like it being made into a joke as soon as it happened to him. There was no ill intent with the original image but regardless we need to stop acting as if the anonymity afforded to us online means that nobody else is real, either.
Old 02-19-2014, 07:01 PM   #104
Infinite-T

Drives: 2011 1LT RS RJT
I hate to jump in this pig pile and bump this thread, but as a fellow member of the local club I thought I would just say to Kevin (We call him Klingon Kevin) that I am glad you and the Mrs are ok. Im really sorry to hear about you car. I know what a hell of a car she was and how much time, money and effort you put in to her.

I think sometimes people are a little to eager for a laugh and dont think about what they are laughing at. The fact that the owner took time to explain the situation and express that he was not amused by the "joke" (especially so soon after it happened and he doesnt know the outcome yet) and people STILL joke and laugh at it knowing FULL WELL how the victim feels about the situation... ...

If something happened to your friend (we are all friends here right?) and you joked and joshed about it (even light heartedly) and he told you, "Hey man, not cool"... What does that make you when you keep doing it?

Kevin, hope to see (and HEAR) you back and riding again in time for the summer activities!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Synner View Post
If you'd rather drive a civic that eats your soul than a camaro that eats your wallet then thats your choice.
Old 02-19-2014, 07:29 PM   #105
PalmerGA

Drives: 2013 SIM 1SS/RS L99
I would love to see this thread closed. I know we're ALL glad Kevin and his wife suffered no injuries (never a doubt about that). And I know we ALL hate to see a Gen5 Camaro go down. The only point of contention is that some of us thought the photo and accompanying caption was comical (let's face it - the caption is what made it in any way funny) and some of us didn't. NO ONE was trying to be personally hurtful or insulting to our fellow member and some are over-dramatizing the whole incident. Just saying... I propose we all let it lie and move on. This horse is definitely dead and there's really no point in continuing to beat it. This, too, shall pass - if we let it.
2013 1SS/RS Coupe L99, Stainless Power Works LT Headers, SCT X4 Custom Tune from RDP, CAI Inc. Air Intake w/ Apex Scoop, VMAX CNC Ported Throttle Body, Solo Axle-Back Exhaust w/ J-pipes, Apex Catch Can, Husky Splash Guards, Heritage Grille, 3D Carbon Rear Spoiler, Oracle Chrome Turn Signal Bulbs, GM Reverse Light Trim Billets, Gorilla Black Locking Lugs, Emblem Pros Retro SS Badges/Custom Retro SS Kickplates/Under-hood Bowtie, 35% window Tint, Nitto Motivo Tires (6-8-18)
Old 02-19-2014, 07:35 PM   #106
PQ
Booooosted.

Drives: 2010 Supercharged SS
Send a message via Yahoo to PQ
I suppose close the thread. But it's an interesting topic.

Does it mean that we can NEVER laugh at a pic the one below again?

The internet is FULL of pictures. I'd bet there is a lot of hypocrisy in this thread.

Name:  New Picture.jpg
Views: 460
Size:  65.8 KB
Old 02-19-2014, 07:48 PM   #107
ratfinkharley

Drives: 15 JKU, 00 S10, 73 Vette, 12 JK
Old 02-19-2014, 08:05 PM   #108
Manbearpig
Engineer of softness-ware

Drives: 2013 2LT RS
I'm glad PDAFT was mature in their response, thanks Kelly.

for the rest of the comedians, Kevin I suggest posting this thread in here should it carry on: http://www.camaro5.com/forums/showthread.php?t=314503

That way you can get a laugh out of it too.
Old 02-19-2014, 08:09 PM   #109
ChrisBlair
Buick 455 Fan

Drives: 1970 Buick, 2012 1SS LS3
Quote:
Originally Posted by PQ View Post
I suppose close the thread. But it's an interesting topic.

Does it mean that we can NEVER laugh at a pic the one below again?

The internet is FULL of pictures. I'd bet there is a lot of hypocrisy in this thread.

Attachment 601509
That's close to bullshit though, because nobody said you can't laugh at any pictures. It's been suggested that this specific photo could be a touchy subject and as it turns out, it is. You've blown it out of proportion in order to bring out the 'hypocrisy' card in my opinion and in any case the context of the photo in question is very different from the one you posted.
Old 02-19-2014, 08:28 PM   #110
Modern07
Mid-Florida Camaro Club

Drives: 2019 ZL1 on Order
Quote:
Originally Posted by PQ View Post
I'd bet there is a lot of hypocrisy in this thread.

This thread is ridiculous - talk about an overreaction and people getting on high horses!

Comments about not knowing and people could have died - the car is intact for flip sake - it's completely obvious that there were no serious injuries in this.

The owner saying he didn't want anyone to know and has been forced now to tell everybody because of this thread - nope - could have just ignored it and let it pass because nobody would have even looked or thought twice about this until you posted...

Comments about "how can you not know this car?" - because there are thousands of cars on here - I'm another member who has never seen this car apart from in this thread - in the picture it just looks like a black Camaro - I've seen much more identifiable cars than this - in fact I'll hazard a guess that the ONLY people who know this car are the owners forum friends who of course I'm sure already knew about the accident before this post was made.

Yes, having an accident sucks, and I wouldn't wish it on anyone - but that is why you have insurance.

There is just no need for all the drawing of pitchforks on posts appearing in this thread - people need to develop thicker skins because there is MUCH worse going on in the world than a harmless meme like this.
Old 02-19-2014, 10:04 PM   #111
caverman

Drives: '69 SS Convertible
Here...haven't used this one in a while.

If the horse belongs to anyone on here I apologize....I mean no offense by it.
Attached Images

-2010 Camaro 2SS | M6 | VR w/White Stripes | 1 3/4" KOOKS - 3" Magnaflow | LPE 3.91 gears | ADM tuned | Halltech w/ADM Scoop | Spohn/BMR Trailing Arm/Toe Rod | BC Coilovers| Pedders FE4 ZL1 swaybars | Cradle/Diff/Radius Rod bushings | VMax TB | Morimoto Projectors | MGW shifter | Red Calipers
Build Journal
Old 02-19-2014, 10:14 PM   #112
tramtwo

Drives: 2021 1LE
I bet it would be funnier and ok if the car had 30's.

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk

Closed Thread

Tags
camaro, parallel, park, snow