Homepage Garage Wiki Register Community Calendar Today's Posts Search
#Camaro6
Go Back   CAMARO6 > CAMARO6.com General Forums > 2016+ Camaro: 6th Gen Camaro general forum

BeckyD @ James Martin Chevy

Old 05-17-2020, 03:18 AM   #113
Petrol Head
Account Suspended

Drives: Fast if no one's looking
Quote:
Originally Posted by GrimReaperSS View Post
Of course the dealer will take responsibility for it as it occurred at their business. What was stated was that the name of this dealer should be made known so that it can be assured that nobody uses them in the future. What I was saying is that why should all departments/employees be held accountable for one other employees actions? Sales, parts or detail should no longer have any customers/pay because someone in the service department made a mistake that affected one customer?
If you were to make a mistake at your job, then nobody should patron the place you work ever again?. Again, we can only make assumptions on what happened here. We don't know if this was the employees first day on the job, first time pulling a car off a rack or even if this was the first mistake they've made on the job in 30 years! And yes there are reasons to reverse a vehicle off the hoist with the door open (fully open to the extent of the door check, not likely, but again none of us know exactly what had occurred here).
Sure I can be biased, I have worked in the dealership world for 18 years now as a technician. I'm not saying that "stealership" mentality doesn't exist out there, but the way forums love to rally the troops around the idea that every dealer or dealership employee is out to screw them is just asinine. As the saying goes, "To err is human". Everyone is guaranteed to make mistakes. Yes, some of them really suck like this case. Unfortunately the majority here act like it was a malicious act, the offender should be "executed" on the spot and that the OP should immediately take the dealer to court.

Petrol Head:
"There goes another excuse for lack of personal responsibility. It was an accident. “Let’s just say he found out his puppy died”.....
For that we all know it’s impossible to close the door before backing a car out
An accident is dropping a carton of eggs on the ground. Not closing the door of a customers car - ANY car - before backing it up? Complete incompetence. End of story.
The lack of laying responsibility and consequences squarely on those responsible for causing these issues is why on a much bigger scale we are in trouble as a country."

Yep, let's just judge the end result only and not base it on what happened to get there. I simply provided an example where it is possible that this would've been a complete accident, not really the employees fault. It would seem that most are assuming the door was fully open and the car was reversed off the hoist without paying attention to the door being completely open. Is it not a possibility that the employee could've been holding onto the door when backing up, looking backwards out the door opening to make sure they are lining the tires up with the board(s) that is placed on the ramp, when something happened that caused them to loose grip of the door allowing it to fully open while the car was still going backwards not fully under the operators control? You don't know if this was simply negligence or if the employee suddenly had a seizure. Not closing the door when reversing on any car is not complete incompetence. I can tell you I have done this many times in my 18 year career and still do to this day. There are plenty of obstacles in the shop that can damage the wheels/tires or lower body paneling when exiting a hoist area where a coworker to spot for you is not always available. Also, way to put out some stupid anology like "maybe his puppy just died" to make it seem like I couldn't be providing actual possibilities for what occured. Let's be adults and have a realistic conversation here. Just be glad that, as far as we know, nobody was hurt in this and only the car requires repairing. It sucks OP's car is damaged, but this could've been far worse.
Yes, let’s be adults. There’s absolutely ZERO good reasons to be reversing a car with the door open. You provided pathetic examples. You simply DON’T do it!!! At all!! Ever!! End of discussion.

You’re the reason people don’t trust mechanics. I do not mince words here. Stop excusing this!!
Petrol Head is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2020, 07:43 AM   #114
Jeb114

Drives: 2021 300
Quote:
Originally Posted by Petrol Head View Post
Yes, let’s be adults. There’s absolutely ZERO good reasons to be reversing a car with the door open. You provided pathetic examples. You simply DON’T do it!!! At all!! Ever!! End of discussion.

You’re the reason people don’t trust mechanics. I do not mince words here. Stop excusing this!!
Nobody in this world is perfect not even you..........
Jeb114 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2020, 07:56 AM   #115
Petrol Head
Account Suspended

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jeb114 View Post
Nobody in this world is perfect not even you..........
Cut the crap. Listen, I’m not perfect but since I was 3 years old I’ve known to close the door whenever you get into or out of a car. It’s just something you know. You know it’s wrong to commit crime so you don’t do it.

I’ve never killed anyone either so I guess you must think I’m perfect for that too right?
Old 05-17-2020, 09:10 AM   #116
Zaqwert6

Drives: 2SS
Quote:

You've clearly never owned a Lamborghini.

Zaqwert6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2020, 09:40 AM   #117
Number 3
Hail to the King baby!

Drives: '19 XT4 2.0T & '22 VW Atlas 2.0T
So OP has his door torn up by a dealer and we’ve degraded to squabbling at each other I’ve backing up with the door open

There was no good reason to have this happen but picking at each other isn’t helping.

JMO
Old 05-17-2020, 12:04 PM   #118
Petrol Head
Account Suspended

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zaqwert6 View Post
You've clearly never owned a Lamborghini.

Yes there was a time you needed to, but today there’s a thing called a backup camera. If you can afford a 1987 Countach you can afford to install one.
Old 05-17-2020, 12:10 PM   #119
Yellow Beast
TD

Drives: 2017 2SS, 2014 Mercedes C300
I'll sum it up so you 2 can put this to bed. There was a 99% chance the guy that drove the car out was high as a kite. Enough, end of story.
Yellow Beast is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2020, 03:07 PM   #120
GrimReaperSS

Drives: 2001 Onyx Black/Ebony SS. 427/M6
Quote:

Well then you've never worked in a shop environment. I am not the reason people don't trust mechanics, it's the videos you see online of idiots abusing peoples cars on test drives. It's undercover/dash cam videos you see of repair facilities telling people they need something replaced when they do not. My being cautious with someones vehicle by opening the door so I can clearly see what is around it as to not cause harm is not the reason. My.reasons are solid, sorry you cannot see that.
GrimReaperSS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2020, 03:23 PM   #121
Silveradoss573

Drives: Camaro 1LE
Quote:
Well then you've never worked in a shop environment. I am not the reason people don't trust mechanics, it's the videos you see online of idiots abusing peoples cars on test drives. It's undercover/dash cam videos you see of repair facilities telling people they need something replaced when they do not. My being cautious with someones vehicle by opening the door so I can clearly see what is around it as to not cause harm is not the reason. My.reasons are solid, sorry you cannot see that.
I'm surprised that nobody has brought up the idea that maybe the mechanic had some oil or something on his shoes. I know when I wash my car then get in to drive off, I have to be very careful as my pedals become very very slick.
Silveradoss573 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2020, 04:21 PM   #122
Petrol Head
Account Suspended

Quote:
There is no way you can conceivably, logically, and factually explain why anyone must open a door to back a car out. How the F can you see around the other side, for starters!!!!!

Your reasons are not solid. They’re baseless. If you cannot back a car out of a garage without opening the door you should not even be driving a car to begin with. Your inability to use mirrors or turn your head essentially forbids you from driving anything period.

THAT is a solid reason.
Old 05-17-2020, 05:31 PM   #123
Zaqwert6

Drives: 2SS
Wow, you were really angry about this. LOL.

I think you are more upset than the o p who had his car wrecked. :-)

Nobody even knows exactly what happened or why. And really, nobody should be more Angry than the car owner. That's a little cuckoo go nuts.

Quote:
There is no way you can conceivably, logically, and factually explain why anyone must open a door to back a car out. How the F can you see around the other side, for starters!!!!!

Your reasons are not solid. They’re baseless. If you cannot back a car out of a garage without opening the door you should not even be driving a car to begin with. Your inability to use mirrors or turn your head essentially forbids you from driving anything period.

THAT is a solid reason.
Zaqwert6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2020, 06:12 PM   #124
Yellow Beast
TD

Drives: 2017 2SS, 2014 Mercedes C300
Quote:

Nobody even knows exactly what happened or why. And really, nobody should be more Angry than the car owner. That's a little cuckoo go nuts.
Right. LOL
Yellow Beast is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2020, 06:20 PM   #125
Petrol Head
Account Suspended

Quote:

Just imagine if this actually happened to MY car.
Old 05-17-2020, 09:47 PM   #126
Wyzz Kydd
Banned

Drives: 2018 Camaro SS1 1LE
Quote:
Just imagine if this actually happened to MY car.
You would probably have to be ‘put down.’
Wyzz Kydd is offline   Reply With Quote