Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Vararam
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > Regional Forums > Canada

Old 04-18-2016, 03:49 PM   #155
ripcard
INJACC

Drives: 2010 Camaro 2SS/RS CGM/IO 6M
After contacting 4 shops in Ottawa, 2 in Toronto and 1 near Montreal. I feel I've done my due diligence.

From those that would provide detailed info about their work, I received quotes ranging from $3200 to $5050 for a cam install and custom tune. Some shops do not have a chassis dyno and that ruled them out. Some had negative feedback (expressed to me by previous customers) and that ruled them out.

Only one shop had just about everything going for it. Thanks to RickRay for steering me towards Performance Redline in Valleyfield QC. Robert was great about getting me all the info I needed, his shop has a chassis dyno, he has the experience tuning the LS3, I didn't come across any negative feedback and his quote was extremely competitive. While not as close to me as shops in Ottawa, he is much closer than those in & around Toronto.

So, all this to say...I made up my mind and pulled the trigger. KPSUSYNG is booked in for May 16 at Performance Redline for a cam swap & tune. Robert says one day for the engine work and one day for the dyno work.

I must admit to being a little apprehensive, as this will be the first time (other than some early warranty work) that anybody else has worked on the car.

My goal was to get the power to the rear wheels up to around 460 and still have nice drivability. Robert has assured me this is perfectly feasible with his choice of cam & tune and the supporting mods already on the car.

Now...my only issue is what to do in Valleyfield for two days.
Pedders Xa Coilovers & Sways w/Fe4, Pfadt Rear Trailing Arms & Tie Rods, Forgestar CF5s, ZL1 Brakes, 1LE 3.91 Diff, Pedders Cradle Bushings, MGW STS, BTR Stage II Cam, Fluidampr U/D Pulley, Performance Redline Dyno Tune, CAI & Apex Scoop, Pfadt Tri-Y Headers w/HF Cats, Magnaflow 3" Cat Back, RX Catch Can, VMax TB, Billet Tunnel Brace, SRP Pedals, Skip Shift, Seibon CF Hood & ST Trunk, 1LE Splitter, ZL1 Rockers & Diffuser, Heritage Grill, F & R Sparks "SS" badges, Billet Door Handles, Tint, Technostalgia Tail Lights, AAC Side Markers, BlackVue dash cam and my favourite accessory...Litho #163.
ripcard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2016, 04:01 PM   #156
RickRay
INJACC

Drives: 2010 CGM 2LT/RS AUTO
Quote:
Originally Posted by ripcard View Post
After contacting 4 shops in Ottawa, 2 in Toronto and 1 near Montreal. I feel I've done my due diligence.

From those that would provide detailed info about their work, I received quotes ranging from $3200 to $5050 for a cam install and custom tune. Some shops do not have a chassis dyno and that ruled them out. Some had negative feedback (expressed to me by previous customers) and that ruled them out.

Only one shop had just about everything going for it. Thanks to RickRay for steering me towards Performance Redline in Valleyfield QC. Robert was great about getting me all the info I needed, his shop has a chassis dyno, he has the experience tuning the LS3, I didn't come across any negative feedback and his quote was extremely competitive. While not as close to me as shops in Ottawa, he is much closer than those in & around Toronto.

So, all this to say...I made up my mind and pulled the trigger. KPSUSYNG is booked in for May 16 at Performance Redline for a cam swap & tune. Robert says one day for the engine work and one day for the dyno work.

I must admit to being a little apprehensive, as this will be the first time (other than some early warranty work) that anybody else has worked on the car.

My goal was to get the power to the rear wheels up to around 460 and still have nice drivability. Robert has assured me this is perfectly feasible with his choice of cam & tune and the supporting mods already on the car.

Also he's GM certified

You can work on my car and try to find that rear end / backseat noise that I had for 6 years now (might have an idea though)
Member of 'Club Elite' #70
2LT/RS Auto / Solo HFC / Solo Mach X-LLT J-Pipe / JBA Headers Shorty
CAI - Cold Air Inductions / VMAX TB / Trifecta Tune
Hotchkis Max Strut Brace / Blade Dovetail Spoiler / Elite Catch Can
ACS T3 Hood Ports / T2 Bumper Ports / T2 Splitter / ACS T1 Led Light Kit
ACS Rockers / ACS Composite Hood Liner / ACS Upper Rear Quarter Ports
ACS Front Wheel Mud Flaps / ACS Rear Wheel Mud Flaps / Vitesse Throttle Controller
Pedders Drop Suspension / BMR Lower Control Arms / Style 41 ZL1 Wheels /
Oracle Afterburners / Oracle Concept SMD Side markers
Complete SS Brembo Brakes Set

Last edited by RickRay; 04-18-2016 at 05:56 PM.
RickRay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2016, 08:06 AM   #157
ripcard
INJACC

Quote:
Originally Posted by RickRay View Post
...You can work on my car and try to find that rear end / backseat noise that I had for 6 years now (might have an idea though)
Sure thing Rick. You've had the noise since new?
Pedders Xa Coilovers & Sways w/Fe4, Pfadt Rear Trailing Arms & Tie Rods, Forgestar CF5s, ZL1 Brakes, 1LE 3.91 Diff, Pedders Cradle Bushings, MGW STS, BTR Stage II Cam, Fluidampr U/D Pulley, Performance Redline Dyno Tune, CAI & Apex Scoop, Pfadt Tri-Y Headers w/HF Cats, Magnaflow 3" Cat Back, RX Catch Can, VMax TB, Billet Tunnel Brace, SRP Pedals, Skip Shift, Seibon CF Hood & ST Trunk, 1LE Splitter, ZL1 Rockers & Diffuser, Heritage Grill, F & R Sparks "SS" badges, Billet Door Handles, Tint, Technostalgia Tail Lights, AAC Side Markers, BlackVue dash cam and my favourite accessory...Litho #163.
Old 04-19-2016, 09:32 AM   #158
RickRay
INJACC

Quote:
Sure thing Rick. You've had the noise since new?
No not new
ACS Front Wheel Mud Flaps / ACS Rear Wheel Mud Flaps / Vitesse Throttle Controller
Old 04-19-2016, 07:12 PM   #159
BALLEE

Drives: 2010 2SS LS3
Good to know , thanks for the feedback. I pass by Redline every month while going to Huntingdon, QC to my gf's family. This is good information.
BALLEE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2016, 06:36 AM   #160
RickRay
INJACC

Quote:
Originally Posted by BALLEE View Post
Good to know , thanks for the feedback. I pass by Redline every month while going to Huntingdon, QC to my gf's family. This is good information.
Don't forget to mention that RickRay sent you...
Old 04-28-2016, 04:42 PM   #161
gramps_green_rs
ex-RCAF

Drives: 11 SGM1LTRS SV1000S
Rideau Carlton raceway cruise nights are on hold until further notice due to the on going labour dispute. Hope they get this worked out soon!
Old 04-28-2016, 09:45 PM   #162
luckynuts

Drives: 10 ABM 1SS/00 Z28 Conv/14 SumWh 2LT
Quote:

Shouldn't be a problem Rick. I was 480 to the rear with headers, exhaust, CAI, cam, ported TB and underdrive pulley. Are they upgrading the valvetrain as part of the install?
Old 04-29-2016, 06:36 AM   #163
ripcard
INJACC

Quote:
Originally Posted by luckynuts View Post
Shouldn't be a problem Rick. I was 480 to the rear with headers, exhaust, CAI, cam, ported TB and underdrive pulley. Are they upgrading the valvetrain as part of the install?
Yup. Springs, retainers, seals, push rods and the trunion bearing upgrade. I have the same supporting mods, except for the under drive pulley. I have the 3:91 rear end though. That should help low speed drivability a bunch. Going with a BTR Stage II NA so, not too radical anyway.

Robert says his dyno is very conservative. Typically -15% from others. A baseline pull will be done before the cam install so, once the final tuning is done and we get the numbers, we'll have a direct comparison.
Old 04-29-2016, 11:23 PM   #164
luckynuts

Drives: 10 ABM 1SS/00 Z28 Conv/14 SumWh 2LT
Pulley is supposed to be 8-10 I think. I got a good deal on it or I wouldn't have worried about it. You should be very happy.......................for now lol
Old 04-30-2016, 06:29 PM   #165
not a dodge

Drives: 2010 camaro
Little late on my 2 cents but Shades is the place to go for tinting, did my car last year perfect job and he guarantees his work.
not a dodge is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2016, 06:31 PM   #166
not a dodge

Drives: 2010 camaro
So RCR not having cruise nights because of the strike, maybe a good idea, someone stand in front of my car or touch it cold get ugly.....

Any temp venue until they are done begging for money?
not a dodge is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2016, 09:25 PM   #167
Irishtoolman

Drives: 1993 Indy Pace Car
Canadian debut at Ontario Camaro Nationals

2017 Camaro ZL-1 preparing for its Canadian debut Saturday June 11th at the 28th Annual Ontario Camaro Nationals hosted by The Ontario Camaro Club.
Irishtoolman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2016, 05:50 AM   #168
RickRay
INJACC

Does anyone go to these car shows on a weekly basis & how are they?

http://www.wickedgarage.com/aboutus/...rshowcalendar/