Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Roto-Fab
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > Camaro ZL1 Forum - ZL1 Specific Topics

Old 12-14-2012, 01:29 PM   #183
73vette

Drives: 2010 Camaro LS, 1973 Corvette
I like it. It's different.

That being said, why not do the wheels also!? I did mine and love the look!
Old 12-14-2012, 01:39 PM   #184
stand-al0ne
Rev Couture

Drives: 2010 LS Camaro & 2013 Rav4 Ltd
I like the white plasti dip better. I also think the matte blue would look good on one of our cars.

But I'm just not a big flat black guy in general...at least on the entire car. But thats the beauty of plasti-dip - you dont like it, you peeeeeeeeeel it off!
Old 12-14-2012, 02:02 PM   #185
My Caroline

Drives: Black 2011 Camaro LS
Quote:
Originally Posted by blackcam2ss View Post
Clearly you never been on a road course with other cars with sticky tires.. thats the benefit of having something to protect the car. As far as 813customs posting on their facebook, i had talk about them about this product and after i dipped my car i brought them the car for them to see and they decided they want to start offering this to their customers. Hope i helps clear up the fish smell you scented
No I haven't. I even said I don't race, which is also why I said I'll give the benefit in exchange for an explanation. I LIKE learning new things so thank you! I didn't know the tires would mess up the paint. Is it the tires themselves or the rocks they pick up and throw?
Personally I like the matte black. I think some people don't like it because its plastidip. I agree. BUT, for your purpose vinyl would obviously be expensive so I understand.
Non-RS to RS and fog light harness by Gen5DIY
LED Interior, Trunk, and Licence Plate lights in white
ZL1 Spoiler with Gen5DIY harness
Factory NPP cat back
Blacked out tail light bezels
Factory 20 inch wheels wrapped in Nitto Motivos
Lowered 1.25inch on Eibach Pro springs
My Caroline is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2012, 11:12 PM   #186
Nate GM
Rand Paul 2016

Drives: Corvette Stingray Z51 2LT
Quote:
Originally Posted by ZL1 Spoked View Post
So what's the point of having a painted car when you don't show it? Most people agree it looks cheap and useless, on a GT-R or ZL1, if you do it to your v6 nobody would care. So feel free.

And why exactly would it make any difference if you did it to a Rally Sport/2LT than a ZL1?
Old 12-15-2012, 01:23 AM   #187
BOWTIEBOB
BOWTIEBOB

Drives: 13&17 ZL1,13 427,11 SS,15 Z06,19ZR1
Quote:
Originally Posted by hairtrigger View Post
While it's very well applied and lots of work, wondering if it's worth it to make a car look like an old photo negative.
I guess kids wanna be different, nothing wrong with that!
Good job.
I bought a '69 SS Chevelle 396/350 h.p. Phantom Green, black interior, 4 sp. Muncie from Chevy in 1969. Seeing your car sure brings back memories of my first muscle car at age- 16. Thanks for the post. I never did get over that car, that girl or the gears in my head.
BOWTIEBOB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2012, 09:43 AM   #188
alex33x

Drives: 2013 Camaro ZL1
Quote:
Originally Posted by blakechase View Post
i am a professional plastidip installer and i am disgusted by the disrespect shown in this thread, plastidip, rather rubber dip is a great product and alternative to vinyl wrapping. I do believe they did not do as smooth of a job that i would do, but still don't hate until you know. it does not ruin the car, it does not damage the paint job in anyway, and it is 100% removable. It is not an alternative to a paint job, and here are some uses i feel are great: you are going to the track and a clear bra is too expensive, just spray the desired panels with a clear coat of rubber dip; you want to temporarily change the color of your car for a show; you want to be creative and mess around with your car, without doing anything permanent. For you who are saying its ugly and ruined a great car, thats the great thing about rubber dip, again, YOU CAN PEEL IT OFF IF YOU DONT LIKE IT, well that is if the owner doesnt like it. Who cares what you guys think. here are some pics of my personal 2010 camaro in matte white rubber dip. i just dont like how people are being disrespectful to this owner when they know nothing about the product. If anyone has questions about the product and would like to learn, rather than hate, feel free to give me a call 310 980 1641
There's no disrespect to me it just looks bad, yours looks good because you didnt paint the entire thing one color.

But this car everything is painted there's no contrast it looks like shit I'm sorry to say. The clear plasti dip or something like you did I would do, but never a single color all over, including badges and what not, to me that's just lazy.
Old 12-15-2012, 02:46 PM   #189
CyberBri
BRUCE WAYNES DD

Drives: 2010 2SS/RS CGM
i like it and im sure most of the smack talkers would trade their base ass car for this one anyday lol

CyberBri is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2012, 03:21 PM   #190
erasedgod
CGM 2SS/RS

Drives: # 9641
I don't care what his reason is for doing it, I think it looks awesome. I'd DD that.
Old 12-15-2012, 04:25 PM   #191
AZ Charlie

Drives: 2017 ZL1 A10
GUYS IF YOU DO NOT LIKE IT THEN DO NOT PUT YOUR .02 IN! Some people do not get the "primer" look. Some people do. Matte finishes is popular. Why does Lamborghini offer it for a $10k option??? Because their are customer that do not want a "look at me" ithaca verde (lime green) color car. Their are people out there that want more of a low profile badass look...and that is what this customer has. My .02 for this ZL1 is that it is SICK and done perfectly!
AZ Charlie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2012, 04:45 PM   #192
BossSauce

Drives: 2012 Camaro SS / Summit White
Should of left it alone

The ZL1 or SS Camaros are badass enough the way they come. Put new wheels on them, lower it a bit and the car looks even better than cars that cost twice or three times thier price. Then there are fads like matte paint jobs/plasti dip & there's black wheels which make every car that has them look like they're rolling on spare tires. Sorry bud but beneath that wrap lies a badass ride, Unleash it man.
BossSauce is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2012, 05:04 PM   #193
Nate GM
Rand Paul 2016

Drives: Corvette Stingray Z51 2LT
Quote:
Originally Posted by BOWTIEBOB View Post
I bought a '69 SS Chevelle 396/350 h.p. Phantom Green, black interior, 4 sp. Muncie from Chevy in 1969. Seeing your car sure brings back memories of my first muscle car at age- 16. Thanks for the post. I never did get over that car, that girl or the gears in my head.
I remember my first muscle car at age 17....it was a 2012 Camaro RS
Old 12-15-2012, 10:31 PM   #194
LeviG

Drives: '95 Acura Integra GSR
That's one way to give your car better grip...

LeviG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2012, 07:27 AM   #195
brjray

Drives: -
At the 2010 chicago auto show Mercedes whole line had matte paint. The matte white looked amazing!
brjray is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2012, 07:48 AM   #196
stlrammer

Drives: 2017 1SS Blue
Not a fan.