Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

TireRack
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > Camaro ZL1 Forum - ZL1 Specific Topics

Old 07-09-2012, 09:01 AM   #127
2001ragtop

Drives: V8 american car
I liked that he said this about the mustang "This car is an ENGINE looking for a Chassis. I'm not sure it found it yet."
2001ragtop is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2012, 11:17 AM   #128
Punk_rider

Drives: VW Typ 166 + Black 1LE
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bob Cosby View Post
Do you pull 1g plus around turns going from your house to your work/mall/whatever? If so, your point if perfectly valid. But if you drive in a relatively sane manner on public roads, then not so much.
Then you don't need a 580 nor 660 hp car ... and then the best ride is a Spark ...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sweet Zness View Post
So then you subscribe to the Nissan GTR being the better overall car as compared to a Z06.

Im still baffeled at how the Camaro crowd suddenly is about ride comfort more than anything else except for in any other car. And hasn't the 500 bested the Z in more road tests TIMES than the ZL1 has the GT500. Or are we going to go on about endurance racing.
I do think the GTR is better than the Z06. But that's not the point.

I couldn't care less about the "ford vs Chevy" war, I'm european and that's non sense to me. I want a ZL1 cause I find this car plain beautiful and giving raw power for what is said to be a good daily driver handling.
GT500 is more powerful, faster, but looks like it brakes bad and handles regular roads not that good. This makes a dangerous car to me (having a brother who almost killed himself in a 1990 ZR1, I'm not to much into high power "soapy" cars).

And besides, I find the GT500 kinda ugly. There's no competition to me.

Overall, these comparisons and discussions are pretty funny, cause I'm pretty sure 99% of people here don't have half the skills required to use these two cars at their top level. But when people with the required skills seem to find a car is safer than the other, knowing i'll never have the required skills ... I take the safer one (the one that brakes, that handles bumps, ...)

I'm not looking for the best car on Earth, if that would be the case, i'd be a formula 1 pilot ... I just want a car that I love, and I will always find someone with a better car ... so what?
Old 07-09-2012, 11:32 AM   #129
Bob Cosby

Drives: 2010 Vette
Quote:
Originally Posted by Punk_rider View Post
Then you don't need a 580 nor 660 hp car ... and then the best ride is a Spark ......
Quite true - none of us need that HP, and I wouldn't use all 580/662 going to and from work either.

But that's not the point, either.

Formula 1 car would suck going to work and back. Just sayin.
Bob Cosby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2012, 12:48 PM   #130
LeviG

Drives: '95 Acura Integra GSR
Did I hear him correctly? Chevrolet detuned the Corvette ZR1's engine for the Camaro ZL1? In a previous post I thought this same thing, but I was corrected and read in a magazine that the ZL1 and the CTS-V did not use the LS9 but had their own engine. What gives?

LeviG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2012, 12:57 PM   #131
Bob Cosby

Both the ZL1 and CTS-V use the LSA - not the LS9.
Old 07-09-2012, 02:10 PM   #132
AKA-22

Drives: ELLE-1
did he really review these cars or not????? yeah he gave his pros and cons for each but he did it in a way that is riding the fence and who cares about all those other foreign cars this is about american muscle not about 997 s turbo....he drove both!!! which car is the best in his opinion , period!!!! didnt sound like he really wanted to step on any one group, Chevy or ford... i like both cars and think both cars are as cool as hell ,but its not my job to review, its his!!
Old 07-09-2012, 03:42 PM   #133
Punk_rider

Drives: VW Typ 166 + Black 1LE
Overall, sounds like a Coke vs Pepsi thing ... we all have our favorite, however, seems like the vast majority can't make a taste difference in a blind test ...

But we have all good reasons to prefer one over the other. We're no professional drivers and I guess we'll be always biased.

Ho, yeah, btw Pepsi is soooooo much better than Crappy Cola ;-) and I think Coke drinkers are Mustang drivers :-)
Old 07-09-2012, 03:45 PM   #134
JMAN311

Drives: 2013 F-150 Limited
Quote:
Overall, sounds like a Coke vs Pepsi thing ... we all have our favorite, however, seems like the vast majority can't make a taste difference in a blind test ...

But we have all good reasons to prefer one over the other. We're no professional drivers and I guess we'll be always biased.

Ho, yeah, btw Pepsi is soooooo much better than Crappy Cola ;-) and I think Coke drinkers are Mustang drivers :-)
True statement right there.
2013 Camaro ZL1 A6|SIM
2010 Camaro 2SS/RS|M6|CGM Exterior|Gray Int
2000 Camaro SS|M6|SLP headers|SLP center mounted quad exhaust|Magnaflow muffler|Hypertech programmed
2001 Corvette|M6|LG Motorsports Headers|Corsa Touring Cat-back|Magnaflow X Pipe|Hurst short-throw|Dyno tuned
JMAN311 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2012, 03:50 PM   #135
101fng

Drives: 2009 Mustang GT
Quote:

i'm trying to find something to disagree with here, but i can't. i do prefer coke as well lol
101fng is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2012, 04:00 PM   #136
Micawber

Drives: '92 Chev K1500 + 2011 VR 2SS/RS LS3
Oh my aching identity crisis!! I prefer Camaros and Coke. Aghhh!
Micawber is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2012, 04:10 PM   #137
Bob Cosby

Eh, I like Dr Pepper.

OMG, does that make me a Mopar fan?
Old 07-09-2012, 04:47 PM   #138
MillerTime
Blowin the doors off!

Drives: A 2013 SS RS 6M SR
Late comer but very good review.

2G1FS1EWXD9163847

MillerTime is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2012, 04:54 PM   #139
A-little-perspective

Drives: 2011 C63
Quote:

I will agree that Pepsi is better than Coca Cola w/ corn syrup.

However, Coca Cola w/ cane sugar blows Pepsi away.
A-little-perspective is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2012, 06:03 PM   #140
MTMTE

Drives: 2010 Camaro SS Transformer Edition
This actually makes me proud to be an American, not that I needed it, but its nice to see we are pulling our heads out of the sand and making good cars again. We are not standing tall yet, but god damn we are starting to turn heads again!!
MTMTE is offline   Reply With Quote