Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Bigwormgraphix
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > 5th Gen Camaro SS LS LT General Discussions

Closed Thread

Old 08-15-2011, 02:20 PM   #85
Vaux96

Drives: 45th 2SS LS3, 05 Ram 1500 SLT
Quote:
Originally Posted by SnoopyAce7 View Post
...and the OP forgot the part where the cop is a Mustang owner.
Hahah, yeah it was probably a Mustang squad car, right?
Old 08-15-2011, 02:26 PM   #86
Zachary Hendrix

Drives: 2008 Z06 Corvette
Send a message via Skype™ to Zachary Hendrix
first day on the job? or this story is bent
3.8 Tested 0-60
8.02 @ 100.4MPH: 1/8 Mile
11.78 @ 120.2: 1/4 Mile
Old 08-15-2011, 02:34 PM   #87
bthomp01

Drives: 2010 2SS/RS IBM M6
Quote:
Originally Posted by HumanWiki View Post
Wow.. Look at all the people jumping on the cops can do no wrong bandwagon... Yes, all cops are perfect and never do any wrong and it's always the civilian's fault.

If that story is true I'd sue that cop to the point of being out of a job and have him restricted from being in law enforcement for the rest of his life. He way over reacted and could have easily fired off his gun and injured or killed someone.

There are way too many bad LEOs out there and it's time they learned to start treating people with respect and start gaining some IQ points.
Swell idea. How about we sue the shit out of the underpaid people that put their lives on the line to protect our communities so the next time someone thinks about becoming an officer of the law, they'll do something else that contributes nothing to society instead.

We'd all be so much better off without any law enforcement ever!

You sound like one of the mouth-breathers that thinks teachers are overpaid and lazy. Every profession, be it law enforcement, teaching, retail slaves, tech support, or c-suite jobs has its fair share of bad apples. People that cut corners or go on power trips exist, deal with it.

If the OPs story is exactly like he says it is, yes, that's a bad cop. Maybe the plates were registered as stolen? Maybe the OP matched the description of some other offender? I have no idea why people are so quick to hear one story of someone abusing power and then go off on a tangent about how every cop is a shitbag. Do me and everyone else a favor, next time you need a cop, call a lawyer instead.

Matte Black Bumblebee Stripes - Unpainted Heritage Grille - Blacked Out Bowties - Stainless Works S-Tube Catback - CAI, Inc. Cold Air Intake
Whiteline Rear Cradle, Rear Differential, Front Radius Rod Bushings - BC Racing BR Coilovers - Installed by Whiteside Customs

Old 08-15-2011, 02:37 PM   #88
bhall82
Account Suspended

Drives: 2011 SS/RS
Quote:
Originally Posted by bthomp01 View Post
Swell idea. How about we sue the shit out of the underpaid people that put their lives on the line to protect our communities so the next time someone thinks about becoming an officer of the law, they'll do something else that contributes nothing to society instead.

You sound like one of the mouth-breathers that thinks teachers are overpaid and lazy. Every profession, be it law enforcement, teaching, retail slaves, tech support, or c-suite jobs has its fair share of bad apples. People that cut corners or go on power trips exist, deal with it.

If the OPs story is exactly like he says it is, yes, that's a bad cop. Maybe the plates were registered as stolen? Maybe the OP matched the description of some other offender? I have no idea why people are so quick to hear one story of someone abusing power and then go off on a tangent about how every cop is a shitbag. Do me and everyone else a favor, next time you need a cop, call a lawyer instead.

wooooo saaaaaa haha
Old 08-15-2011, 02:38 PM   #89
masterwinning

Drives: 2013 Volt
I am throwing the BS flag till you post the cruiser cam video. All you have to do to get it is tell them you are doing a public information request for it, and if they don't give it to you, in Ohio you are entitled to a large sum of money.
Old 08-15-2011, 02:39 PM   #90
HumanWiki

Drives: Car
Quote:

My Grandfather was a cop, my Uncle was a Constable.. Don't start with me.. Notice I said the bad ones in there? Guess not. You were too busy ignoring the point of my post to even begin to understand why I said it. Did I say every? Nope, again I said "bad".. My whole post was about the bad ones. One story? Try again, go look up all the instances of blatant misuse of power out there. As for the rest of your useless dribble? I'm not wasting my time on a bottom dweller like you. You took everything I said to the extreme and at no time did I call for all LEOs everywhere to be done that way. Seriously, go play in a corner somewhere child.. You're making my state look bad and Perry is doing that enough already.
Old 08-15-2011, 02:48 PM   #91
Vaux96

Quote:

Good for you, man.
Old 08-15-2011, 02:52 PM   #92
bthomp01

Drives: 2010 2SS/RS IBM M6
Quote:
Originally Posted by HumanWiki View Post
My Grandfather was a cop, my Uncle was a Constable.. Don't start with me.. Notice I said the bad ones in there? Guess not. You were too busy ignoring the point of my post to even begin to understand why I said it. Did I say every? Nope, again I said "bad".. My whole post was about the bad ones. One story? Try again, go look up all the instances of blatant misuse of power out there. As for the rest of your useless dribble? I'm not wasting my time on a bottom dweller like you. You took everything I said to the extreme and at no time did I call for all LEOs everywhere to be done that way. Seriously, go play in a corner somewhere child.. You're making my state look bad and Perry is doing that enough already.
Detecting subtle irony is not your strong suit. I'll go ahead and lay it out for you.

Did you say every cop? You sure did:

Quote:
Yes, all cops are perfect and never do any wrong and it's always the civilian's fault.
You took your ridiculous hyperbole to the extreme followed by righteous indignation. Then, I took the ridiculous hyperbole to the opposite extreme followed by righteous indignation.

I'll let you solve for X.

No one is saying that all cops are saints, that's absurd, and I never said this was the only story of abuse. I have no idea where you picked that up. But there's a pretty common theme here of "I got a ticket" threads being followed with a chorus of "ALL COPS ARE ASSHOLES", and that's bogus. I am not law enforcement and am not related to anyone in law enforcement, but I'm bright enough to realize that they provide an incredibly valuable service to our communities and jumping down the collective professions throat at the mention of any misdeed is unwarranted.

Matte Black Bumblebee Stripes - Unpainted Heritage Grille - Blacked Out Bowties - Stainless Works S-Tube Catback - CAI, Inc. Cold Air Intake
Whiteline Rear Cradle, Rear Differential, Front Radius Rod Bushings - BC Racing BR Coilovers - Installed by Whiteside Customs

Old 08-15-2011, 02:57 PM   #93
Berean

Drives: Truck
Quote:
Originally Posted by nyrfan View Post
Something is not quite right with this story!!
This is what I was thinking.

If it is true, the cop is a psycho who should be removed from the force immediately.

But I don't think we've heard the whole story here.
Old 08-15-2011, 02:57 PM   #94
steeleshark2

Drives: 2010 Transformer 1SS Camaro
Old 08-15-2011, 02:57 PM   #95
HumanWiki

Drives: Car
Quote:
Detecting subtle irony is not your strong suit. I'll go ahead and lay it out for you.

Did you say every cop? You sure did:

You took your ridiculous hyperbole to the extreme followed by righteous indignation. Then, I took the ridiculous hyperbole to the opposite extreme followed by righteous indignation.

I'll let you solve for X.

No one is saying that all cops are saints, that's absurd, and I never said this was the only story of abuse. I have no idea where you picked that up. But there's a pretty common theme here of "I got a ticket" threads being followed with a chorus of "ALL COPS ARE ASSHOLES", and that's bogus. I am not law enforcement and am not related to anyone in law enforcement, but I'm bright enough to realize that they provide an incredibly valuable service to our communities and jumping down the collective professions throat at the mention of any misdeed is unwarranted.
You still don't understand why I made that comment and I'm not going to attempt to explain it to you. You simply lack the ability to understand it and from what I see on your position, you'd never agree with it regardless. Go read and then re-read, think about it and then you solve for X. I'm not hand holding you. There are reasons why people get so mad about bad LEOs not actually having their badges pulled, no proper investigations being done, etc. There's also this little thing called punitive damages. You should go look in to that and why it exists. I'm not getting in to this occurring in other fields of employment. I'm well aware of it happening there as well, but that's not what this topic is about.
Old 08-15-2011, 02:58 PM   #96
PatsRS

Drives: 2012 45th Anniversary Edition
Soemthing isn't right with this. Something missing. Did he say what the charges were? What gives them the right to impound a car from private property if it wasn't used in a crime? I don't know the law but I wouldn't go anywhere near the police station without a lawyer. A good one for that matter...

GM ALL THE WAY!

Old 08-15-2011, 03:05 PM   #97
brantley847
v It bites.

Drives: 2011 IBM 2SS/RS
Quote:
Originally Posted by PatsRS View Post
Soemthing isn't right with this. Something missing. Did he say what the charges were? What gives them the right to impound a car from private property if it wasn't used in a crime? I don't know the law but I wouldn't go anywhere near the police station without a lawyer. A good one for that matter...
Exactly. Police have absolutely no right to impound a vehicle on your property unless you committed a criminal offense on public streets and the only opportunity he had to stop the vehicle or examine the vehicle was in your driveway or your vehicle is a safety hazard to remain on public roadways and you refuse to move it yourself... this isn't a state by state case, this is common sense. They cannot tow your vehicle for civil infractions.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr.Manhattan View Post
Bullshit story.
+1

this has to be one of the best troll stories I have seen on C5 in a long, long time. Usually someone goes into detail, and at least lies about why the cop pulled the gun... but this is ridiculous.

Performance: 439 RWHP: 226/236 Comp Cam, Kooks 1-7/8, CAInc, Borla S type, Vmax TB, Rx Catch Can, Trans cooler, SLP 160 termo, Melling high volume, Eibach Springs/Sways 1" drop, Whiteline complete bushing kit.
Old 08-15-2011, 03:06 PM   #98
Vaux96

Oh and by the way, just as an FYI, other states may vary, but here in MN when an officer runs your plate, the dispatcher usually runs a QMW, which means Query Motor Vehicle - and it gives the dispatcher this information - it checks the plate for a stolen hit, it gives the registration information, and it automatically runs the license for the FIRST registered owner of the vehicle. If two people are on the registration it only does one. When it runs your license, it gives the dispatcher your information on your d.l, and checks you for warrants.

The officer does not receive all of this information. The dispatcher will tell the officer the registration information of the vehicle, when it expires, if the vehicle is stolen or not, and if the registered owner of the vehicle is clear (no warrants). The dispatcher will not say the address of the person he is stopping, or any of the other information, or anything about a possible criminal history. (unless an officer requests it) And as you know, the person driving the vehicle is not always the person that it is registered to. So an officer never knows for sure who is in the car until he gets your D.L.

But many officers today have computers in their cars, which we call MDT's for Mobile Data Terminals, which can allow an officer to run plates and other things himself, which are nice. But that is not really something you can do while you are driving.

Last edited by Vaux96; 08-15-2011 at 03:18 PM.

Closed Thread