Homepage Garage Wiki Register Community Calendar Today's Posts Search
#Camaro6
Go Back   CAMARO6 > CAMARO6.com General Forums > 2016+ Camaro: 6th Gen Camaro general forum

BeckyD @ James Martin Chevy

Old 05-18-2015, 08:52 AM   #57
91Zman

Drives: '13 1SS/RS IOM white stripes
seriously...the tail lights...they're too angular,long and sort of wrap around the rear.

...creases in rear bumper..
badge placement(front and rear)
shiny rear diffuser
hood nostrils
rear spoiler
bland sides of car
91Zman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2015, 09:00 AM   #58
BahamaTodd

Drives: 08 Accord V6/M6 / 04 Canyon Z71
Quote:
Originally Posted by classicrockr View Post
Agreed!

And I think they will work just fine - they lower ones look like they'll actually hit more of your body than the ones on the 10-15 MY. I know the manual drivers are worried about their hands being too cold/hot, but all I can say to them is "just reserve judgement until you test drive one with the AC on"

I really like how you can use the outer rings to adjust the settings on each one.
I'm fine with the lower vents as long as they don't hit any of my body. I like to point my vents upwards and away from me which works better to cool the cabin in general. I hope they have enough adjustment upwards.

Also, I hope the temp control doesn't take too much effort where you can get by pushing with a finger or two and not actually have to grab it. That's a huge knob.

https://youtu.be/VmZ4Y4ItwzU?t=1m16s
BahamaTodd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2015, 01:30 PM   #59
Burnin' Rubber

Drives: Domestic
I am in the category of having held off on the purchase of a fifth-generation Camaro in anticipation of the sixth.

The new Camaro looks fantastic and is much improved. I can totally see the Chicago Auto Show silhouette teaser in this. It is a good-looking car.

I must admit the reveal was a little underwhelming because it looks like a bunch of design cues we have already seen before just now all put together. By that I mean it has elements of the Bumblebee, Corvette, and Code 130R. That is not necessarily a bad thing.

But I think we have been spoiled by concepts we have seen like these.

I was hoping they would incorporate the horizontal slat LED accent lighting like in the first concept. It is one of my favorite styling elements of the 2013-2014 Mustang. It’s too bad it was done for only two model years.

Other than that I am extremely pleased with the new Camaro overall.

These are my initial thoughts:
  • The side profile is excellent with the right styling to look both attractive and aggressive at the same time.
  • I love the smoothed out fender flares similar to the change made from the 2009 to 2010 Mustang. I did not like the creases on the fender flares that were on the fifth-generation Camaro and Mustang. It gave the impression of being a fat body in tight-fitting clothes.
  • The steering wheel is a huge improvement over the later fifth-generation’s.
  • The location of the fuel filler door and the shape of the rounded hood will take some getting used to. They seem odd but are not deal breakers.
  • Would the hood nostrils look better if they were painted to match the body color?
  • The instrument panel housing seems excessively large and I am not sold on it. Will it interfere with aftermarket sunshades?
  • I am not sold on the appearance of the infotainment unit. It may need to grow on me.
  • The vents down low in the center stack are interesting.
  • I am glad they went away from the halo LED rings. With the 2014-2015 styling they squeezed the grille so much and took away from the halos which made it look way too squinty. On the 2016 it looks like they expanded the headlights a bit so it doesn’t look so squinty anymore. That’s a good thing.
  • Offering halogen lighting as standard is a bit of a letdown. There is lighting technology available that’s much better than that and they are missing out by not offering at least HID standard.
  • The taillights, exhaust, and diffuser all look really good. No complaints from me.
  • Will all four 20-inch wheels fit in the trunk with the seats down if I choose to have a set for winter?
  • Is the chrome trim on the lower grille of the LT cars an homage to the second-generation split bumper styling?
  • I do not appreciate the electronic engine sound reproduction through the audio system. It seems to be a trend happening and I do not approve that direction. It seems like it is so far only on the TI4 cars but I don’t expect it to gain any favor with me.
  • I am not entirely sold on the AFM. It seems like an unjust penalty for choosing the automatic. I would like to use all the engine cylinders I paid for.
  • I will wait for the official order guide for more information.

That being said, I am a fan of all the pony car offerings from Chevrolet, Dodge, and Ford. They are making some good cars these days and you can't really go wrong with any one you choose.

You've done an excellent job, team Chevrolet! Congratulations!
Burnin' Rubber is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2015, 01:53 PM   #60
Kahdir

Drives: 2010 Chevrolet Camaro 2SS/RS
I hate the SS wing, hope the RS wing is an easy option (using the same bolt locations)…
In all fairness I preferred the V6 nose over the V8 on the 5th Gen.

The 6th Gen will have to grow on me, 2 years later and the C7 tail lights still bother me

Just hoping there is a 1LE or Z51 pkg available at time of order (with or w/o MRC). And something like the Scat Pack from Dodge (485hp), really disappointed in the LT1 #s (C7 and Camaro(6) SS should be close to 500hp NA)
Kahdir is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2015, 03:52 PM   #61
HuJass

Drives: GM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Burnin' Rubber View Post
This concept is AWESOME.
While I like the 6th gen, I would have LOVED this.
2004 Colorado ZQ8
2002 Trans Am WS6 Collector Edition
1999 Blazer
1994 Grand Prix SE B4U
HuJass is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2015, 04:21 PM   #62
Forte

Drives: 2011 2LT/RS CGM W/ Black Stripes
Only issue for me is the badge location so far. Love everything else. Glad they fixed the mess of a refresh.
Forte is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2015, 04:51 PM   #63
Angrybird 12
7 year Cancer Survivor!

Drives: 17 Cruze RS, 07 G6 GT, 99 Astro
Quote:
Originally Posted by HuJass View Post
This concept is AWESOME.
While I like the 6th gen, I would have LOVED this.
People already complain the 6th gen looks too much like a 5th gen, that render looks even more like a 5th gen....
Old 05-18-2015, 06:22 PM   #64
Jeb114

Drives: 2021 300
In a hot climate the air vents will never cool the car roof area unless there blow like a hurricane.
Jeb114 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2015, 07:12 PM   #65
HuJass

Drives: GM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Angrybird 12 View Post
People already complain the 6th gen looks too much like a 5th gen, that render looks even more like a 5th gen....
I know they do.

But I was one of a very few people (I'm guessing) that was hoping for a more aggressive 5th gen.
2004 Colorado ZQ8
2002 Trans Am WS6 Collector Edition
1999 Blazer
1994 Grand Prix SE B4U
HuJass is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2015, 07:37 PM   #66
VADER SS L99

Drives: 2013 A6 GT 5.0
Biggest gripe is the whole rear end but I can easily live with it because of how good the rest of the car is and it still looks better than the 2014-2015 model.
Other problems that are easier to fix are run flat tires, giant muffler and the rear wing on the SS. I HATE run flat tires. Ride, traction, mpg and general performance is always less with run flat tires. The really good news is whatever the performance and ride quality is of the stock car will be improved by just changing out the tires. Rotational unsprung weight plays dividens. There could be a 50lb difference in changing the tires and exhaust alone.
Very small issues are badges but this isn't even really a gripe since it is easily changed.
Old 05-18-2015, 08:02 PM   #67
Angrybird 12
7 year Cancer Survivor!

Drives: 17 Cruze RS, 07 G6 GT, 99 Astro
Quote:
Originally Posted by VADER SS L99 View Post
Biggest gripe is the whole rear end but I can easily live with it because of how good the rest of the car is and it still looks better than the 2014-2015 model.
Other problems that are easier to fix are run flat tires, giant muffler and the rear wing on the SS. I HATE run flat tires. Ride, traction, mpg and general performance is always less with run flat tires. The really good news is whatever the performance and ride quality is of the stock car will be improved by just changing out the tires. Rotational unsprung weight plays dividens. There could be a 50lb difference in changing the tires and exhaust alone.
Very small issues are badges but this isn't even really a gripe since it is easily changed.
I would probably think twice before removing that muffler. I am pretty sure it was designed like that for aero purposes, it reduces drag by keeping the airflow smooth under the car without using a separate body pan. Removing it will increase drag, reduce fuel mileage and stability at speed. I have seen other cars use a similar designed muffler for that purpose.
Old 05-18-2015, 08:20 PM   #68
Dtowndog420

Drives: SBM 09 G8 GT/RH 15 SS 1LE
My gripe is the exteior. Not feeling it at all. I'm trying to like it, but i just find myself liking the 14-15's better. The interior is amazing and I'm sure the performance is going to be above and beyond that of the 5th gen. Maybe it will grow on me plus seeing it in person will change my mind. Till then my money would go towards the GT350.
Dtowndog420 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2015, 08:55 PM   #69
Stex

Drives: 67 goat, 69 goat ram air III
Quote:
Originally Posted by 2014v6 View Post
Biggest complaint on my part is....
Where is the twin turbo v6?
Why lower the roof line.. Just needed another inch more than the 5gen..

Major gripe..
Targa top please..
Here is the TTv6 and a silver color that GM should get there head out of their ashtray( some say impossible) and copy.

http://www.camaro5.com/forums/showthread.php?t=204161
Stex is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2015, 09:02 PM   #70
garfin
Resident Disciple

Drives: 2010 CTS-V 6MN '98 Camaro SS (Sold)
It seems there are a few people in this thread who are not happy with the SS spoiler. Looks are definitely subjective, but after listening to Tom Peters spend 15 minutes explaining the why and wherefore of the design of the SS's spoiler, I'm happy to accept the performance benefits of that spoiler as outlined by Tom.
It seems the spoiler is extremely functional at high speed as it significantly contributes to the downforce on the rear end. Tom was adamant about the fact that given the SS's performance (faster than a 5th Gen 1LE on a road course), it was necessary to spend the time in the wind tunnel to make the spoiler contribute to the car's high speed stability. Rest assured there is a purpose to every angle, curve and open space on that spoiler. The priority was function. Aesthetics was a consideration, but secondary to making the spoiler contribute to the overall performance of the car.

Best regards,

Elie