Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Phastek Performance
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Specific Models / Packages > Camaro Convertible Forum

Old 01-27-2015, 01:00 PM   #1
jdagsxr

Drives: 2013 Camaro Convertible
5th bow issue

So I stop by the dealer 2 weeks ago and tell them about my 5th bow issue. They say they will order the parts and I can bring it when they get them. They said they would do it under warranty as a good will gesture but I should have known better then to drop my top in less then 45 degree weather. Well the reason I had the top down was because I was adding a sub and removing the old BA sub in my heated garage. Who knew they designed something that was not to be used in something less then a sunny 80 degree day. My bad. Anyways, the service rep called me and said my car will be ready today but that they really shouldn't of fixed it under warranty because I had removed the shade and undone the sensor and that he would be noting it in the computer. I did that so that I could put in my ******** box. No way did that sensor or shade have anything to do with why that 5th bow bent. I told him it looks to me like it's a fairly common issue with these tops. He say "no, not really". Bullshit....Looks to me like its more common then not by what I've read on here. I can not wait to go pick it up and let him have it.
jdagsxr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2015, 01:24 PM   #2
pony

Drives: 2011 2SS Convert; Color RJT
Just talked with another vert owner who has been fighting with a dealer over wear marks, water in back seat, and gap in top at rear (obvious 5th bow issue). He was told by service manager, who got the word from Chevy service center, that the 5th bow was a "wear and tear" item and they would NOT be replacing it under warranty. I'd be so pissed that there wouldn't be enough service techs in that garage to keep me off the service manager. This is total BS. I want to see it in PUBLISHED ownership manuals that 5th bows are a wear and tear item.
pony is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2015, 01:41 PM   #3
jdagsxr

Drives: 2013 Camaro Convertible
It's complete bullshit. I bought the car used in September with 11,500 miles on it. It just passed 12,000 on my way to the dealership. It's obviously not my daily driver. I bet I haven't had the top down more then 8 times. If I'd of know this car was going to be such an issue I wouldn't have bought it.
jdagsxr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2015, 03:41 PM   #4
95birdible

Drives: 2012 1SS Camaro Convertible
It's total BS that it is a wear and tear item. If the product is under warranty and they refuse to fix it, they are in breach of implied warranty. Bring that up to them. If they refuse, lawyer up and take the dealership to court. They are not honoring the factories warranty that GM stands behind. They also should have it in writing from GM or their warranty book stating that it is a wear and tear item.
"Green Flash"
95birdible is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2015, 05:01 PM   #5
'11 cyber grey vert
"SHARK" Born Apr.26,2011

Drives: 2011 CGM 2LT/RS Convertible
complete b.s.....it is bumper to bumper warranty...

also not common problem with the '13's and up....was a common problem with the 2011's and early 2012's
'11 cyber grey vert is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2015, 07:09 PM   #6
pony

Drives: 2011 2SS Convert; Color RJT
Quote:
Originally Posted by '11 cyber grey vert View Post
complete b.s.....it is bumper to bumper warranty...

also not common problem with the '13's and up....was a common problem with the 2011's and early 2012's
The Vert I speak of is also a "Callaway" so you know the guy has some coin in it. The "wear & Tear" apparently comes from "up the chain" and not from the dealership. The guys car had no eyes on of the problems I described from the regional service manager or anyone else other than the dealership.

Fortunately, I've been taken care of fairly well as I had a good dealer and sales person (different places) to work with. But I sure feel bad for the guys getting jerked around.
pony is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2015, 06:39 AM   #7
'11 cyber grey vert
"SHARK" Born Apr.26,2011

Drives: 2011 CGM 2LT/RS Convertible
GM is changing the game I guess....when the problems were arising on the 2011's and early 2012's , GM covered the 5th bows under warranty...I'd like to see in print where it states the 5th bows are not covered...This is a structural (roof frame) item and not the canvas....The canvas is a wear item and not covered, but the frame should be covered under warranty as the frame is NOT a wear item....complete b.s.

Those with issues , lemon law the car or lawyer up would be the next step I guess
'11 cyber grey vert is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2015, 09:06 PM   #8
imnuts

Drives: 2011 2SS/RS convertible
that is BS all it would take a letter to the manufacture to get it done. I had mine replaced 3 times, yes I said 3 times before it finally was repaired. right. Also you must have access to more then one chev dealership. You don't have to go to the one you bought it from. I had an issue with the first dealer her so went to the other dealer and they fixed it no problems, and they really didn't have anything nice to say about the first dealer
imnuts is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2015, 05:12 PM   #9
scandata

Drives: 2015 2SS/RS vert, Spring Green Edtn
Dealerships, man... This isn't a bow issue, but about dealerships being jerks about coverage: I bought my '14 in June and took it in for its first of four warranty-covered oil changes in December. I don't do a lot of driving so it only had 3,000 miles on it. The guy checking it in saw the odometer and said, "you're no where NEAR due for an oil change yet." I told him it should be changed every 6 months regardless of mileage. "Who told you that?" "The dealer that sold me this car." "Well, we'll go ahead and do it, but Chevy doesn't like us to because it's coming out of our pocket." Like this asshat was doing me a favor or something. It might be part of the warranty, but I still paid for that oil change when I bought the car.

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v692/scandata/sigpic_zpsxmxmbipg.jpg
scandata is offline   Reply With Quote