Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Bigwormgraphix
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Engine | Drivetrain | Powertrain Technical Discussions > Tuning / Diagnostics -- engine and transmission

Old 07-10-2019, 09:02 AM   #1
meSSohappy

Drives: 2018 ZL1 A10
P0603 Internal Control Module Keep Alive Memory (KAM) Error

Trying to help a friend here. 5gen ZL1 heavily modded. Just installed new CAI with meth ports. Keeps getting this KAM code. Only way he can clear it is to hook up another battery in parallel and start car. Code is gone. He bought new battery but didn’t fix issue. Thinking he’s got a drain or loose connection on something. Maybe too high of an electrical draw? Bad ECM? Running out of ideas. Any help greatly appreciated.
DAVENPORT STAGE 2 PLUS - 2" ARH ceramic coated headers - 3" ARH catless exhaust - Stock NPP mufflers - Kong ported SC - Katech 103 ported TB - Rotofab 5" Big gulp CAI - 22.5% lower pulley - ATI Harmonic balancer - Cordes SC expansion tank - MSD hi temp ignition wires - Koolsox spark plug insulators - custom tunes - 660hp/725tq pump - 713hp/763tq race

meSSohappy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2019, 11:22 AM   #2
1fast
8.60 @ 157 @ 4200lbs

Drives: 2010 Gen 5
Did he do a read or write with hp tuners with battery charger on ? Or did he copy over a file from another car I've seen that corrupt the throttle tables section or corrupt ecu.
1fast is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2020, 07:29 PM   #3
leanjay
leanjay

Drives: 2010 camaro ss
I have a quick question for you if you will. I replaced the pcm in my 2010 camaro because of damage. I pulled the file from the pcm with hptuners then flashed the replacement pcm with said file. everything seemed to go good then I got codes p0604 and p0606.the question is can flashing another pcm with the file pulled by hptuners cause the codes to come up? thanks.