Homepage Garage Wiki Register Community Calendar Today's Posts Search
#Camaro6
Go Back   CAMARO6 > Engine | Drivetrain | Powertrain Technical Discussions > V8 LT1 Engine, Exhaust, and Bolt-Ons

Bigwormgraphix

Old 05-31-2016, 08:39 AM   #1
Corsa Performance

Drives: American Muscle
CORSA Performance Exhaust 6th Gen Options Coming in June

What's going on fellas?

Well we finally made it to the forum. Better late than never. We're here now so hopefully I'll be able to help with any questions you may have and/or give you some information about our soon to be in market 2016 Camaro SS V8 exhaust kits.

For starters, we began the project back in February with some vehicles on loan from Lingenfelter Performance and spent most of February and March working to dial in the sound we were looking for.

Once we moved to April and May it was testing time, CAD finalization, Pre-production build, fitment validation and you guessed it more testing.

I think what we've delivered is on par with everything you'd expect from a Corsa Performance exhaust system; incredible and unique acoustics, no drone, ease of installation and top level quality.

If you are familiar with our work from the 5th gen Camaro you may know that while our sound was good many of you wanted louder options. We heard you and on this car we've delivered.

We are coming to market with both the "Sport" and "Xtreme" sound levels. Of course neither of them will drone at cruise. I'd recommend the "Sport" if you are considering headers and want some civility and the Xtreme if you have no plans on doing headers but want some real aggression. For those of you that want unbridled aggression slap on the Xtreme and go nuts and you'll make NASCAR drivers blush.

At this moment we are coming to market with the quad tip configuration first as we have not been able to finalize fitment on the single tips. APB!!! If you are in the greater Cleveland area, and have a 2016 Camaro SS V8 with the single tip factory exhaust option, want a "FREE KIT", and are willing to let us borrow your car for two weeks, message me.

Enough rambling. I'll let the video speak for itself. Just know that the car in the video was an automatic and I believe the rev limiter cut out during the revving around 4K or 5K RPM.

Enjoy!

http://www.corsaperformance.com/view...4784&cfg=1953#

Last edited by Corsa Performance; 05-31-2016 at 12:51 PM.
Corsa Performance is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2016, 10:23 AM   #2
BradfordCamaro
SABIO

Drives: 2016 CAMARO 1SS
Welcome.

I'll ask first. Any plans for a system that will incorporate the Exhuast Valves on the NPP system?

BradfordCamaro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2016, 10:26 AM   #3
Corsa Performance

Quote:
Originally Posted by BradfordCamaro View Post
Welcome.

I'll ask first. Any plans for a system that will incorporate the Exhuast Valves on the NPP system?
I should have put that answer in the information above. At this time we are not planning a kit that would use/re-use the NPP valves.
Old 05-31-2016, 10:30 AM   #4
1hevy_chevy

Drives: Nightfall Gray 2016 6M 2SS
Welcome!! I have been waiting for you guys! Although it is a little dissapointing that there will be no NPP as this is what I have been holding off for.... is there any particular reason why?
1hevy_chevy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2016, 11:22 AM   #5
jimmypop13

Drives: 2016 camaro ss
Quote:
Originally Posted by 1hevy_chevy View Post
Welcome!! I have been waiting for you guys! Although it is a little dissapointing that there will be no NPP as this is what I have been holding off for.... is there any particular reason why?
R&D
jimmypop13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2016, 11:23 AM   #6
Corsa Performance

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1hevy_chevy View Post
Thanks for asking.

There actually are a few reasons we've never gone down that route.

1- We control the sound with our RSC technology and not valves. RSC is very, very responsive to the driving dynamic. If you are cruising the car is going to be relatively quiet on the exterior and interior. If you are driving aggressively the car will immediately wake-up and create that aggressive exhaust note. The difference between RSC and NPP is RSC is never restrictive and NPP is restrictive when the valve is closed limiting performance. Why limit performance on a sports car.

2- Cost. Due to the unique technology we already employ in the mufflers (Reflective Sound Cancellation) and the customized nature of our designs, being designed for specific applications, our manufacturing & R&D process isn't inexpensive. Adding NPP would escalate the costs further as well as retail pricing. We feel we have a great solution without the need for the NPP, so why add the cost. NPP was essentially designed to attempt to do what RSC does, just with valves.

3-One less component to worry about failing. GM I'm certain has spent an inordinate amount of time testing their valves to work as needed and hold up to the use and abuse they will take. We haven't been able to replicate that in-house yet and if we can't make them work better and last longer and give you the same confidence in using them, why replace them with an inferior component. If we did offer an option like that, chances are we'd try to incorporate the stock valve to ensure it functions as intended from GM.

4-One advantage NPP may have over our system, is their system can be controlled some on the cold start and CORSA systems can be louder upon initial start-up due to their straight through design nature.

Hopefully that gives some insight into our thinking. We get asked often about NPP.
Old 05-31-2016, 11:45 AM   #7
Intimidator

Drives: 69 GTO, 05 GTO, 2018 Silver ZL1
Quote:
Originally Posted by Corsa Performance View Post
Thanks for asking.

1- We control the sound with our RSC technology and not valves. RSC is very, very responsive to the driving dynamic. If you are cruising the car is going to be relatively quiet on the exterior and interior. If you are driving aggressively the car will immediately wake-up and create that aggressive exhaust note. The difference between RSC and NPP is RSC is never restrictive and NPP is restrictive when the valve is closed limiting performance. Why limit performance on a sports car.

2- Cost. Due to the unique technology we already employ in the mufflers (Reflective Sound Cancellation) and the customized nature of our designs, being designed for specific applications, our manufacturing & R&D process isn't inexpensive. Adding NPP would escalate the costs further as well as retail pricing. We feel we have a great solution without the need for the NPP, so why add the cost. NPP was essentially designed to attempt to do what RSC does, just with valves.

3-One less component to worry about failing. GM I'm certain has spent an inordinate amount of time testing their valves to work as needed and hold up to the use and abuse they will take. We haven't been able to replicate that in-house yet and if we can't make them work better and last longer and give you the same confidence in using them, why replace them with an inferior component. If we did offer an option like that, chances are we'd try to incorporate the stock valve to ensure it functions as intended from GM.

4-One advantage NPP may have over our system, is their system can be controlled some on the cold start and CORSA systems can be louder upon initial start-up due to their straight through design nature.

Hopefully that gives some insight into our thinking. We get asked often about NPP.
Even though I will not be interested in your system....I want you to know that I appreciate your honesty and lack of BS....too bad other Sponsors can't do business the same way!

Actually, You are now on my short-list of 3 exhausts for my car!
Intimidator is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2016, 12:45 PM   #8
Corsa Performance

No problem. I appreciate the opportunity to have some dialogue on the subject.
Old 05-31-2016, 01:28 PM   #9
Joshfrisco

Drives: 6GC
I'm sure there is an advantage with these mufflers compared to the factory NPP system. Any data on the weight of these mufflers compared to the stock NPP?
Old 05-31-2016, 02:01 PM   #10
1hevy_chevy

Drives: Nightfall Gray 2016 6M 2SS
Quote:
Originally Posted by Corsa Performance View Post
Thanks for asking.

Thanks for that! And actually the reason why I am so interested in the NPP is basically the latter of your explanation. I love the aggressive note of your exhausts but being that they are loud, I only wanted to do a setup for example where I'd have a controller like the Forza exhaust controller where I can have the valves open all the time or closed whenever I wanted. Reason being is that I have neighbors that complain about ANYTHING, I literally only want the valves closed on cold start rolling can cruise out and then after that they'd be open till I get home again

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Old 05-31-2016, 02:05 PM   #11
Corsa Performance

Quote:
Originally Posted by Joshfrisco View Post
I'm sure there is an advantage with these mufflers compared to the factory NPP system. Any data on the weight of these mufflers compared to the stock NPP?
The acoustic profile is actually tremendously different from stock. Always hard to showcase in video. So certainly there's an advantage there if you like the sound.

Weight
From a weight perspective depending on which axle-back configuration you are looking at you will be saving anywhere from 2-4 lbs vs stock.

Steel
The system is 304SS
2.75" diameter pipe

Sound
The "Sport" System is about 5 decibels louder than stock
The "Xtreme" System is about 10 decibels louder than stock

Flow
92% better flow with valve closed
5% better flow with valve open

Tips
Dual 4.5" Pro Series
Quad 4.0" Pro Series
Old 05-31-2016, 02:13 PM   #12
Corsa Performance

A few pictures for you guys
Attached Images

Old 05-31-2016, 02:34 PM   #13
BamBam_SS

Drives: 1969 and 2016 SS
Excellent. I think it is the best sounding system so far. I like the Xtreme sound and since I can only get shorty headers legally here I think the combo would be awesome.
Old 05-31-2016, 02:42 PM   #14
Corsa Performance

Quote:
Originally Posted by BamBam_SS View Post
Excellent. I think it is the best sounding system so far. I like the Xtreme sound and since I can only get shorty headers legally here I think the combo would be awesome.

Looking forward to adding you to the family brother. I'll do my best over the next few weeks to keep the board informed regarding specific timing.