Homepage Garage Wiki Register Social Groups Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
#Camaro6
Go Back   CAMARO6 > CAMARO6.com General Forums > 2016+ Camaro: 6th Gen Camaro general forum

BeckyD @ James Martin Chevy

Old 03-18-2018, 04:39 AM   #1
BigFig15

Drives: 2016 Camaro 2SS
What are these wires for?

I had a mouse chew on these wires. The car runs fine and I'm just curious what these wire are for and how much screwing around it's going to take to fix them.

Thanks
Attached Images

BigFig15 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2018, 07:24 AM   #2
lugs

Drives: 2016 camaro 1ss 6sp
I'm pretty sure those wires are for one of your fuel injectors. I would pull the cover off the intake and look over everything else too. I had the same thing happen to me but they chewed clean through 2 whole wires and I had a misfire. You could probably put some rtv silicone over the bare wires and be fine. Also it looks like your coolant bottles are low.
top one should be full and lower one should be half full.
I hate mices to pieces...
lugs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2018, 07:36 AM   #3
motorhead

Drives: Love the one you're with
Got to love manufacturers using the "going green" concept to produce cheap soy based wiring and other car parts that mice and rats love to eat. This is a huge problem across all the manufacturers and no one seems to care. For you guys planning on keeping a Camaro to hand down to you grand kids, I would say its a moot point. They build $60,000 disposal cars these days intended to be recycled after 15 to 20 years. Mother nature is already reclaiming them as soon as they hit peoples garages and driveways.
motorhead is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2018, 07:57 AM   #4
ecko04

Drives: Too many to list
...yeah, going back to the questions you asked, if it’s not an injector like lugs said it may be a sensor of some sort.

I would see if you could, at the very least, wrap the wires in some electrical tape to isolate them.

I’m sure you’ve already done so, but check extensively, to the extent you can, for additional wiring damage.

If that’s the worst of it then a full repair isn’t warranted. The wires themselves are still intact. Replace, or add, rap traps to the garage.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
ecko04 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2018, 08:04 AM   #5
Driski

Drives: 2016 Camaro Convertible 2SS
This worries me. My car is in storage. Others had said I should put something under the hood to protect against just this sort of thing. I put moth balls all over the garage and on top of each tire...nothing under the hood. I will check it out thoroughly before busting her out in the spring. Thanks for posting
Old 03-18-2018, 10:41 AM   #6
ecko04

Drives: Too many to list
Quote:
Originally Posted by Driski View Post
This worries me. My car is in storage. Others had said I should put something under the hood to protect against just this sort of thing. I put moth balls all over the garage and on top of each tire...nothing under the hood. I will check it out thoroughly before busting her out in the spring. Thanks for posting

It’s a myth that mothballs deter mice. They’ll work for small insects but the levels of naphthalene, the deterrent found in mothballs, needed to deter mice is the same as the amount needed to deter humans.

Still wouldn’t hurt to take some of your wife’s old stockings, put some mothballs in them and hang them throughout your engine bay. It may not work for mice but small insects...sure.

ecko04 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2018, 12:55 PM   #7
Driski

Drives: 2016 Camaro Convertible 2SS
Quote:
Originally Posted by ecko04 View Post
It’s a myth that mothballs deter mice. They’ll work for small insects but the levels of naphthalene, the deterrent found in mothballs, needed to deter mice is the same as the amount needed to deter humans.

Still wouldn’t hurt to take some of your wife’s old stockings, put some mothballs in them and hang them throughout your engine bay. It may not work for mice but small insects...sure.

What then to deter mice?
Old 03-18-2018, 01:07 PM   #8
Chevyman2

Drives: 2018 zl1
Mint leaves deter mice plant it around your building or buy it dried out.
Chevyman2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2018, 01:26 PM   #9
RandRZL1

Drives: 2018 ZL1
So I have suggested it before, and got a lot of BS for it, but I swear it works. I live in a very rural area, lots of underbrush blackberries and what have you. Go to a dollar store or similar and buy the cheapest dryer sheets. I put them in the wheels, in the crevices around the engine compartment, anywhere the buggers might nest. Been doing this for 20 plus years, when forget I regret it!
RandRZL1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2018, 01:32 PM   #10
craigss50

Drives: 2017 Camaro SS Fifty
I used this product when we had the issue with our Lincoln MKX. https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0...?ie=UTF8&psc=1

I sprayed it all under the hood and also velcroed mouse traps to the top of my engine. Worked well for me.
craigss50 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2018, 03:07 PM   #11
Drags1998

Drives: 15 SilveradoLTZ,162SSVert BlazerRS
Dryer Sheets have ALWAYS worked for Me!!!! And SOS steel wool pads in the Exhaust Tips!!!!
Drags1998 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2018, 03:56 PM   #12
Soleil

Drives: Camaro 50th anniversary edition
It’s hard to see.....maybe waterpump sensor or the like. Repair it with tape as ecko04 said.
Soleil is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2018, 05:23 PM   #13
Arugon

Drives: Summit White Camaro SS
My Siberian Husky deters mice pretty well
Old 03-18-2018, 07:46 PM   #14
BigFig15

Drives: 2016 Camaro 2SS
Here's a close up. I definitely put traps and poison all over now
Attached Images

BigFig15 is offline   Reply With Quote