Homepage Garage Wiki Register Community Calendar Today's Posts Search
#Camaro6
Go Back   CAMARO6 > CAMARO6.com General Forums > 2016+ Camaro: 6th Gen Camaro general forum

Phastek Performance

Old 01-21-2015, 10:32 PM   #1
ACS Composite

Drives: 2010 Camaro
Renders from spyshots

We could not resist to get doodle and play with the various spy shots roaming the net.

Die hard Camaro fans are chomping at the bit to get passed rumors of the Sixth Generation 2016 Camaro. GM is taunting us with a rare glimpse on the streets of California, and test tracks around the world. As spy cameras flash around the globe chasing the elusive Camaro, GM is keeping a pretty tight lid on the final touches of the next generation 2016 Camaro.

The 2016 Camaro is slated to be built at the Lansing Grand River Assembly plant. GM opened this plant in 2001 and is General Motors second newest plant in the US. GM has invested $174 million in the new Lansing Stamping facility and new home of our favorite American Sports Car.

As the rumor mill churns, what we do know is the 6th Generation Camaro appears to have a sleeker front end with sharper lines and thinner headlights, however it does appear that air inlets in the front fascia are larger. The hood appears to have two large air inlets; overall design is evolution of the already successful retro-design. It does appear to have sleeker and sharper lines than its predecessor.

Chevrolet is leading the way for General Motors in awards and industry accolades so Chevrolet Camaro fans certainly won’t be disappointed when the 6th Generation Chevrolet Camaro roles out in Lansing headed for your local Chevrolet dealership.

Of course no one but GM knows what the final look will be. While we wait for the official launch ACS designers are having fun with the puzzle of images and spy shots to render what can possibly be the next Chevy Camaro. Rest assured we are getting ready to have allot of fun once it hits the streets !

Source [ACS Blog]
ACS Composite is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2015, 10:58 PM   #2
Millertime555

Drives: 2016 Camaro 2SS M6
I'm liking those headlights; I wouldn't be unhappy at all if they end up looking similar
Millertime555 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2015, 11:51 PM   #3
camaro2lt

Drives: 2010 Camaro 2LT VR/RS CGM Rally's
I think this is a very close render of the front end
Old 01-22-2015, 12:45 AM   #4
Jontall

Drives: GTO
Those cars look great, but I really want to see the interior too.
Jontall is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2015, 01:00 AM   #5
Autonaut

Drives: El camino
Wow.. Great images.

I like the yellow one alot. Nice frontend.
Autonaut is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2015, 07:53 AM   #6
Xp0gam3r

Drives: '15 2SS 1LE; '10 2LT RS
ACS 6th gen rendering

I think they nailed it with the headlights and that little inside dent from headlights to fog lights.
Xp0gam3r is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2015, 08:50 AM   #7
Denis

Drives: 2010 SS
hmmmmm
Old 01-22-2015, 09:16 AM   #8
Z/284ever

Drives: A few Camaros
Nice. But looks like a 5th gen refresh.
Z/284ever is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2015, 09:23 AM   #9
LesserO2Evils
GM repeat offender...

Drives: 16 2SS
The more of these images I see, the less I can draw a distinction between the current car and upcoming model. Im starting to hope that the "surprise" is that somehow we have been fooled about the cars exterior, entirely.

INCOMING: ‘22 ZL1, Satin Steel. A10. PDR.
Ordered: 03/02/22.
LesserO2Evils is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2015, 10:38 AM   #10
chazcron

Drives: Sedan
My gut tells me that that flap connecting the headlight to the fog is a piece of cardboard disguise. I've scrutinized all the various camo prototypes and most do not have it. Easier to add that piece than it is to remove it. Aerodynamically not too sound either. I could be wrong, I often am.
chazcron is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2015, 04:43 PM   #11
GuitarJozz

Drives: 2012 Chevy Camaro 2LS SIM
Send a message via Yahoo to GuitarJozz
Quote:
Originally Posted by LesserO2Evils View Post
The more of these images I see, the less I can draw a distinction between the current car and upcoming model. Im starting to hope that the "surprise" is that somehow we have been fooled about the cars exterior, entirely.
I think if the 6th gen turns out to just look like another refresh, then most people will not even know that it is the 6th gen. They will think it's just a 5th gen with aftermarket parts or something. I agree with you, I am hoping that Chevy has fooled us all and there is more of a distinct change in the appearance for the 6th gen than these spy shots are showing...
GuitarJozz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2015, 11:52 PM   #12
WHAMMO

Drives: 13' 1LE
I think those rendering could be similar to the design we are going to see; Am I the only one to see 'Stingray angular' style influence in those rendering? I bet the Stingray succes will influence the 6th gen..it has to!

[QUOTE=GuitarJozz;8186684]I think if the 6th gen turns out to just look like another refresh, then most people will not even know that it is the 6th gen. They will think it's just a 5th gen with aftermarket parts or something. I agree with you, I am hoping that Chevy has fooled us all and there is more of a distinct change in the appearance for the 6th gen than these spy shots are showing...[/QUOTE

I agree with you that GM is maybe fooling us big time with this 'refresh'. The Corvette design took a HUGE turn, and it was for the best. This one of the best looking car right now. I believe the Camaro will have the C7 influence while keeping 5th gen design basics.

Look at the Mustang; its really different from the last one without beeing too far from the old platform.

I mean, how many times in history an automaker change the platform/frame/ engine/trans without major exterior overhaul too? Did it ever happened?

The 'Zora' hidden under some crappy Holden body panel with a truck bed is a good exemple.

Man I wanna see that 6th Gen!!

Old setup: TSP 231-236/Tick 660/.105 PR, UDP, SW LT 2'' & HFC, stock NPP & H pipe, VR-DRX CAI, air scoop, Goertz1 manifold, 102mm BBK, 26" Toyo DRs, Forgestars R17x10 & F18x8, rear seat delete, remote Pat G tune Autocal, 7400 limiter, Spec Mini Twin. 91oct. 11.90@122.3, 0-60ft 2.0 / 11.99@123.6, 0-60ft 2.1 DA+819 ...519RWHP SAE

Solid roller SBE LS3, FED, LLSR, 91oct, 605rwhp N/A. Tuned by Pat G. Build by me.
WHAMMO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2015, 07:27 AM   #13
mt3130

Drives: Coupeless :(
Quote:
Originally Posted by LesserO2Evils View Post
That's exactly how I feel. At this point, I can't tell the difference between the rendering and a 5th gen refresh.
mt3130 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2015, 09:15 AM   #14
DenverTaco07

Drives: 2017 SS 1LE, 2017 Volt, 2013 Pilot
Renderings are just a guess - yes they may be close, and they may look good or bad. The camo could be (probably is) hiding subtle design elements that simply don't exist in any of the renderings; until the car is revealed we simply don't know and that is why I don't take much if anything from any rendering.

I would say only, based on what we've seen of the car so far that it's stance looks aggressive like a performance car's stance should look.

Beyond that, we are all fairly certain that the car's performance in power and agility is going to increase over 5th Gen. I also expect the the car to have more convenience and safety technology incorporated.

If folks have the opinion that the car sucks because it looks to similar to a 5th Gen, I would say that an opinion like that is pretty short sighted, but hey, nothing wrong with having an opinion or keeping a great car like the 5th gen
DenverTaco07 is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
2016 camaro, 6th gen camaro, acs composite