Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

dave@hennessey
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Technical Camaro Topics > Audio, Video, Bluetooth, Navigation, Radar, Electronics Forum

Old 12-08-2016, 07:19 PM   #1
redcoats1976

Drives: LT W/2LT,blue metallic
itunes...

can someone school me on itunes,and what is a good ipod to use with a2015 camaro with mylink? i have resisted being dragged into this century but i guess its futile...
redcoats1976 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2016, 08:24 PM   #2
Joe M 2012 2SS

Drives: 2012 2SS

Roto-Fab intake, SW 1 7/8" LT w/hi flow cats, Flowmaster outlaw exhaust, UDP, 160* stat, Circle D 3200, Moroso catch can, TCI line lock, Zex Nitrous 125 shot, 3.91 gear, Eaton True-trac, DSS 1000hp axles.
Joe M 2012 2SS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2016, 08:50 PM   #3
SS Performance

Drives: 02 Camaro B4C
yah I tried this, didn't work.
SS Performance is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2016, 09:14 PM   #4
Maxspeed
~COTW 6/30/14~

Drives: 2011 Camaro SS/RS
I use a USB drive.
Mods: Heritage Grill, Blade Spoiler, Corrado Hoodliner Mural, Premium Engine Boxes, Radiator Shroud, Custom Painted Bowties, Dipstick & Engine Caps, RX Catch Can, Corsa cat back exhaust, CAI black powder coat cold air, Apex cold air intake scoop and Apex washer tank relocate kit, Dynatech SuperMAXX Ceramic Coated LT Headers, High Flow Cats, JRE470 Rough Idle Cam Package, DSS 1,000 RWHP Axels, Slowhawk Mustang Dyno Tune, QTP QTEC 66 Low Profile Cutouts and iTSX. 453 RWHP 427 RWTQ

WEB LINKS
BUILD
TIMING CHAIN FAILURE
TRANSITION FROM STOCK TO CAM VID
Maxspeed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2016, 09:23 PM   #5
Joe M 2012 2SS

Quote:
Originally Posted by SS Performance View Post
yah I tried this, didn't work.
The PIN on your phone/device may not have matched the PIN on your MYLINK, in this case you'll have to change the PIN on your phone/device to match the MYLINK PIN.

This is occurs if the device has been linked to something else before.

PIN=Personal Identification Number

Roto-Fab intake, SW 1 7/8" LT w/hi flow cats, Flowmaster outlaw exhaust, UDP, 160* stat, Circle D 3200, Moroso catch can, TCI line lock, Zex Nitrous 125 shot, 3.91 gear, Eaton True-trac, DSS 1000hp axles.
Old 12-09-2016, 01:47 AM   #6
redcoats1976

the dealer paired my phone which is a flip model(no music or texting)to the car and it works fine.what im wondering is if i connect an ipod to the usb port ,what else do i need to do(im assuming match it to source onscreen?) to play music through the mylink system?
Old 12-09-2016, 10:54 AM   #7
SS Performance

Drives: 02 Camaro B4C
Quote:
Originally Posted by Joe M 2012 2SS View Post
The PIN on your phone/device may not have matched the PIN on your MYLINK, in this case you'll have to change the PIN on your phone/device to match the MYLINK PIN.

This is occurs if the device has been linked to something else before.

PIN=Personal Identification Number
How do you check the PIN?
SS Performance is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2016, 03:25 PM   #8
Snoman
H-Town Camaro Club

Drives: 2013 Dusk Edition 2SS/M6/Sun/NPP
People actually pay for music? Madness....
Snoman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2016, 09:18 PM   #9
flyinlow

Drives: 2017 Camaro ZL1
An Ipod touch 4th or 5th generation 32gb or 4th generation ipod nano 16gb. Sync your music to the ipod from itunes then plug it in to the USB. Warning, ipods don't always work well with Mylink, I've had my fair share of issues. Turn the car off, start it back up it doesn't recognized anything in the USB slot. This has happened with USB drives as well, dealer has looked at it several times, says nothings wrong.
flyinlow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2016, 05:14 AM   #10
redcoats1976

when i tried to download i tunes on my home PC the site claimed my drivers needed an upgrade(im running windows 10)and wants to charge me 10 bucks probably every month automatically on my credit card.seems like a scam and really not worth it,thinking about returning the ipod as its not opened and i bought it from best buy.i have XM radio anyway.
Old 12-10-2016, 07:46 AM   #11
Joe M 2012 2SS

Quote:
Originally Posted by SS Performance View Post
How do you check the PIN?

When you link them the pin will show up on you car's screen, also on your device. Be sure they match.

Old 12-10-2016, 08:35 AM   #12
rwhxk3
S1N1STR

Drives: 2013 Camaro 2SS
Ok. For what it's worth, my suggestion is to go to Apple.com and use their forums to figure out your iTunes problem. iTunes is free software so you shouldn't be paying for anything.

As far as what iPod you should use for your MyLink; take advantage of the technology MyLink has packed into it. Get an iPod Touch and Bluetooth it to your radio. You SHOULD be able to Bluetooth both your phone and your iPod to your head unit. If you choose to use the USB, then I don't think it matters as much. You should be able to control the iPod directly from your touch screen head unit. My favorite iPod has to be the iPod Classic 160 GB. They're hard to find, but if you find one I'd grab it. Lots of space for tons of music.

Another suggestion, which I have yet to try, is to purchase an external hard drive and store all of your digital music on it in MP3 format. 1 tb shouldn't cost more than $80 at Staples. I imagine it would work just like an iPod would. You could also get a 32 or 64 gb flash drive and essentially do the same thing.

Hope this helps you out.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
rwhxk3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2016, 01:53 PM   #13
djcfuzz
Do somethin fun every day

Drives: 2012 45th V6 RS M6
Agreed iTunes is free, if someone is asking you to pay $10/month it is a scam. iTunes is not great software but it runs the iPods without mods. As far as which iPod, take that new one back and find a 5th gen video on eBay...why? Because they have the best sound.
Also, a USB stick with your music on is fine. I personally tried it and did not like that it had to index all the time but I have about 80GB of music. An iPod stores it's own index. Personally, I think the audio quality of music directly connected via USB is better than Bluetooth. Obviously, the first thing that matters there is the source quality of your MP3's.
Good luck, If you decide to go the 5th gen iPod route and have questions, feel free to PM me.
djcfuzz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-25-2016, 12:04 PM   #14
flyinlow

Drives: 2017 Camaro ZL1
Quote:
Originally Posted by rwhxk3 View Post
Ok. For what it's worth, my suggestion is to go to Apple.com and use their forums to figure out your iTunes problem. iTunes is free software so you shouldn't be paying for anything.

As far as what iPod you should use for your MyLink; take advantage of the technology MyLink has packed into it. Get an iPod Touch and Bluetooth it to your radio. You SHOULD be able to Bluetooth both your phone and your iPod to your head unit. If you choose to use the USB, then I don't think it matters as much. You should be able to control the iPod directly from your touch screen head unit. My favorite iPod has to be the iPod Classic 160 GB. They're hard to find, but if you find one I'd grab it. Lots of space for tons of music.

Another suggestion, which I have yet to try, is to purchase an external hard drive and store all of your digital music on it in MP3 format. 1 tb shouldn't cost more than $80 at Staples. I imagine it would work just like an iPod would. You could also get a 32 or 64 gb flash drive and essentially do the same thing.

Hope this helps you out.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
Tried linking both my ipod touch and iphone on my 2013, it only links one at a time
flyinlow is offline   Reply With Quote