Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

dave@hennessey
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Technical Camaro Topics > Audio, Video, Bluetooth, Navigation, Radar, Electronics Forum

Old 04-21-2015, 12:34 PM   #15
desieng

Drives: '11 SW 2SS/RS LS3 Vert
Damn that looks nice. Will definitely be going this route when it's time to upgrade my headunit

Any reviews on functionality? Steering wheel controls working? How's the sound quality? Did you keep speakers all factory or swap those out as well?
Aside from the Android Headunit and Scosche kit - what else did you need to get this installed? What was install time approx?
desieng is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2015, 01:34 PM   #16
BooSSted

Drives: 2017 Z06 / 2012 CTS
Looks great man! I may still pull trigger on one of these units.
Old 04-21-2015, 01:42 PM   #17
hazy

Drives: 2011 2SS/RS
Quote:
Originally Posted by desieng View Post
Damn that looks nice. Will definitely be going this route when it's time to upgrade my headunit

Any reviews on functionality? Steering wheel controls working? How's the sound quality? Did you keep speakers all factory or swap those out as well?
Aside from the Android Headunit and Scosche kit - what else did you need to get this installed? What was install time approx?
yes! I second all of these questions.

Also, how did you resolve the amp shutoff issue that you were having?
hazy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2015, 02:37 AM   #18
DJ ATOMIX
<< CRAZY BEE >>

Drives: 400HP 2LT/RS
All steering wheel controls work, this unit is android 4.4 4 so you have a fantastic variety of potential apps for it.

Sound quality is great although the sub out is not that great. I had to use my own crossover in my amps to get 85hz. The init defaults to 120hz crossover.

I have all pioneer stage equipnent, components, 6x9s, seperate amps for subs and high range and i use only the audio rca outputs on the back. I have two custom 10" pioneer subs built into the walls of the trunk. I used to have 4 tens but i found it was too much....

Prepare to trim the scosche kit with a file, this os a 7" screen with buttons next to it making it very wide.

Install was retarded for me, its harder putting everything back, easier to take things out.

Some advice to you guys installing the unit, electrical tape the heck out of the headunit harness to cleanup the install otherwise youll never get it fitted back in right.

Hardest part of install was by far getting the headunit flush and screwed in and getting the gauges put back.

Backup camera works awesome too! I have sensors and guidelines with a hd camera. Camera comes on when your in reverse. I have my camera on all the time when the headunit is on but havnt figured out how to manually turn it on.

CRAZY BEE - IOM 2LT/RS (more)
Cosmetic Mods - 24 | Performance Mods - 14
ROTO-FAB CAI - DT HEADERS - CUSTOM 3-INCH PIPE EXHAUST - RES DEL - R-CATS DEL - MAGNAFLOW RES X-PIPE - 91 OCTANE TUNE - FULL ADM KIT - PORTED IM - PORTED TB - PORTED CH - BLACK 3/8 ISOLATOR - TRIFECTA TUNED
DJ ATOMIX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2015, 02:40 AM   #19
DJ ATOMIX
<< CRAZY BEE >>

I give all credit and a massive thank you to Bile_Won, that guy is amazing and helped me get everything installed. Its guys like him why im proud to still be a member on camaro5 after soo many years.

Thanks for all your advice man, :-)

ROTO-FAB CAI - DT HEADERS - CUSTOM 3-INCH PIPE EXHAUST - RES DEL - R-CATS DEL - MAGNAFLOW RES X-PIPE - 91 OCTANE TUNE - FULL ADM KIT - PORTED IM - PORTED TB - PORTED CH - BLACK 3/8 ISOLATOR - TRIFECTA TUNED
Old 04-22-2015, 02:42 AM   #20
DJ ATOMIX
<< CRAZY BEE >>

I should be getting my 128gb microsd card tomorrow, ill let you guys know if it is compatible with pumpkin. I paid $28us for 128gb uhs-1 :-)

Old 04-24-2015, 08:49 AM   #21
ka1

Drives: 2011 2SS
I have this same unit but a Metra kit. I really want to try and install myself but all the wires for the kit and unit are pretty intimidating. Local shop wants $385 to install it.
ka1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2015, 12:47 PM   #22
DJ ATOMIX
<< CRAZY BEE >>

Quote:
Originally Posted by DJ ATOMIX View Post
I should be getting my 128gb microsd card tomorrow, ill let you guys know if it is compatible with pumpkin. I paid $28us for 128gb uhs-1 :-)
My microsd card turned out to be fraud! I knew $28US is too good to be true. Word of advice, stay away from Ebay for any microsd card as there are tons of fake samsung and sandisk cards going around.

I ended up getting a 32GB 90MB/s Kingston MicroSD UHS-1 card from a local computer store price matched for $18.

Old 07-12-2015, 10:47 PM   #23
unscathed

Drives: 2013 LS v6 Camaro
I have the same head unit and scosche kit...

How did you wire up the stereo controls?

Did you use and adapter? If so, which?

Thx!
unscathed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2016, 08:50 AM   #24
ka1

Quote:
Originally Posted by ka1 View Post
I have this same unit but a Metra kit. I really want to try and install myself but all the wires for the kit and unit are pretty intimidating. Local shop wants $385 to install it.

So I finally got around to working on this last night. Got everything installed. The unit powering up all of the wires connected but I just cannot get sound. Not sure what I am missing. I have the Boston Acoustic system. Is there any special step/wire that I have to connect? I am getting the chimes through the speakers but no sound from the unit. Any ideas?
Old 01-13-2016, 11:29 AM   #25
ka1

Figured it out. Really liking this unit. I'm using my phone as a hotspot and streaming Pandora straight through the unit with all of the features. You can download and install just about Android app there is.
Old 01-19-2016, 12:59 PM   #26
StevenBateman

I don't know very much about the Scoche kit, but from what I've read it's essentially just a sort of adapter that allows you to use other head units in the camaro right?
BTR Stage 4 Cam, FTI 3600 Stall Converter, GM 3.91 Gears, GPI Intake Mod V2, CAI Cold Air Intake, SLP 25% Underdrive Pulley, LS3 Conversion, PRC Ported/Polished Heads, Stainless Power Long Tubes w/off-road pipes, Borla Atak Cat-Back Exhaust, Tru Cool 40K 482rwhp/425rwtq, Built and tuned by Champion Motors

StevenBateman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2016, 06:59 PM   #27
DJ ATOMIX
<< CRAZY BEE >>

Quote:
Originally Posted by StevenBateman View Post
I don't know very much about the Scoche kit, but from what I've read it's essentially just a sort of adapter that allows you to use other head units in the camaro right?
Yep as long as you can live without the outdoor temperature reading gauge, it is the best unit imo. I prefer the touch climate controls to buttons.

http://m.ebay.ca/itm/LCD-Digital-The...106?nav=SEARCH

I bought a hand full of these, already installed one in my impala and will be installing one in the camaro soon. They work perfect as a replacement and cost literly nothing. Just make sure you fuse with a 1amp fuse just to be safe. I will connect this to my ignition wire so the thermo is on only when the car is on.

Old 01-19-2016, 10:36 PM   #28
StevenBateman

Quote:
Originally Posted by DJ ATOMIX View Post
Yep as long as you can live without the outdoor temperature reading gauge, it is the best unit imo. I prefer the touch climate controls to buttons.

http://m.ebay.ca/itm/LCD-Digital-The...106?nav=SEARCH

I bought a hand full of these, already installed one in my impala and will be installing one in the camaro soon. They work perfect as a replacement and cost literly nothing. Just make sure you fuse with a 1amp fuse just to be safe. I will connect this to my ignition wire so the thermo is on only when the car is on.
Awesome! Wouldn't be too concerned about the temperature as I only have the car out during the spring and summer anyways. How well did the head unit you used in your install work? Do you like that one? I was kinda reading up on it because I'd like to be able to stream music from my phone to the unit and I figured it would be easy since they're both android.
BTR Stage 4 Cam, FTI 3600 Stall Converter, GM 3.91 Gears, GPI Intake Mod V2, CAI Cold Air Intake, SLP 25% Underdrive Pulley, LS3 Conversion, PRC Ported/Polished Heads, Stainless Power Long Tubes w/off-road pipes, Borla Atak Cat-Back Exhaust, Tru Cool 40K 482rwhp/425rwtq, Built and tuned by Champion Motors

StevenBateman is offline   Reply With Quote