Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

dave@hennessey
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > 5th Gen Camaro SS LS LT General Discussions

Old 02-17-2013, 11:05 PM   #85
civdiv99

Drives: 2011 SS/RS Auto in Silver Ice
Not sure how that matters? Our last car bought new before this one was about a $15k pt cruiser, so I did not set a very high bar fot this car. And NO, i am not comparing those cars. But, if I was going to ask about other's experiences in areas of quality control, I had to give some actual examples from mine.

Quote:
Originally Posted by midnighter View Post
I am lower/middle class so to me my Camaro is a lot of joy for me and I have no complaints.
civdiv99 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2013, 11:06 PM   #86
The_Blur

Drives: 2018 Harley-Davidson Street Bob
Send a message via AIM to The_Blur
This vehicle is used, and you left the dealership with the vehicle in this condition. That's not on GM or the previous owner. It's all on you. You paid for it this way. If you wanted it fixed, then that should have been part of the negotiation.
warn 145:159 ban
The_Blur is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2013, 11:07 PM   #87
ebaugh1990
Permagrin since 2/11/13

Drives: '13 Camaro 1SS/RS L99
OP, you shouldn't be this dissatisfied with your car. My L99 burns the tires even with traction control ON.

I think there may be something wrong with the car, either electronically or mechanically.
JBA 3" CAT-BACK Model 40-3114
Cold Air Inductions intake (near-chrome)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9o-6g...ujjgV9wZo9jnXw

Quote:
I agree, my car without cats doesn't smell like rotten eggs, it smells like high octane Bad@ssness emitted through a natural speaker producing "Muscle Car Music"
ebaugh1990 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2013, 11:07 PM   #88
civdiv99

I'll go with "maybe you missed the point here" on this one.

Quote:
Originally Posted by The_Blur View Post
This vehicle is used, and you left the dealership with the vehicle in this condition. That's not on GM or the previous owner. It's all on you. You paid for it this way. If you wanted it fixed, then that should have been part of the negotiation.
Old 02-17-2013, 11:09 PM   #89
Michael2000

Drives: .
Quote:
Originally Posted by ebaugh1990 View Post
OP, you shouldn't be this dissatisfied with your car. My L99 burns the tires even with traction control ON.

I think there may be something wrong with the car, either electronically or mechanically.
Is that in "D" or "S" mode on the transmission?

Michael
Michael2000 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2013, 11:10 PM   #90
Angrybird 12
7 year Cancer Survivor!

Drives: 17 Cruze RS, 07 G6 GT, 99 Astro
A couple thousand miles in a couple years??? Do you ever get it out on the highway for extended trips or just run around town? You are not driving it enough and maybe the gas is breaking down. Run it down until the low fuel light comes on and then put a tank of premimum in and also some fuel injector cleaner, run that tank out as gas as you can and refill it with premimum again. You need to be driving more in my opinion,
Old 02-17-2013, 11:20 PM   #91
civdiv99

Ok, this is exactly why I asked. But for posting, I would have no idea if this was an anomaly or not. And i share your feelings about having this dealt with locally. Just not so comfy.

Quote:
Originally Posted by TJ91 View Post
Fuse 5 and 20
And yeah the build quality can be bad from car to car
I have a brutal gap between driver door and dash. It could easily be fixed but my dealer would screw it up for sure
I have had a shit load of warranty work done on mine and it continues to have the same problems. If i wasn't soo obsessed with camaros and mine in particular, I would've traded it along time ago.
But for now ill deal with all the warranty work
Old 02-17-2013, 11:25 PM   #92
civdiv99

I listed 5 items. I consider 2 of them subjective (the dash to door gap, and the throttle response). The other three are objective and specific examples on this car.

Of the 2 subjective items, the general sense is that this is indeed typical.
One poster referred to his door/dash gap as "brutal."

As for buying something else, that wasn't the point.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Desert Stealth View Post
We love our two new Camaro convertibles (one for me and one for my wife). Each has about 5,000 miles and we've owned them for 2 months. I cannot relate to your post in any way. From "fit and finsih" to "engine and performance" we are completely satisfied. If I ever had the feeling towards my cars that you have towards yours, I'd be back at the dealer making a swap. You've owned a car you don't like for two years?

Something is very wrong with your post or your car.
Old 02-17-2013, 11:28 PM   #93
civdiv99

Yeah, working on it. Dealer is not real responsive to subjective concerns, like the throttle response. The window thing has been a fiasco and finally someone from GM called me. But shouldn't have gone that far, and anyway was included as it is not a subjective thing. It is, however, infuriatingly intermittent.

I'm thinking show up in a different car for a "test drive" of a new Camaro and see what I think.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. Wyndham View Post
If you believe your car has issues...you have a warranty. Please visit the dealer and use it.

In a mass-produced product....(even in a hand-built product!) you cannot expect to have 100% perfection in each and every vehicle. Sometimes "lemons" (not in the legal sense) slip through. This is why manufacturer's offer a warranty.

Old 02-17-2013, 11:33 PM   #94
civdiv99

Only highway trips, mountain drives, etc. usually. Around town runarounds not typical.

Car parked and covered from about mid October through maybe April with just some stabilizer in the tank anyway.

Regular driving in the spring doesn't change the behavior.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Angrybird 12 View Post
A couple thousand miles in a couple years??? Do you ever get it out on the highway for extended trips or just run around town? You are not driving it enough and maybe the gas is breaking down. Run it down until the low fuel light comes on and then put a tank of premimum in and also some fuel injector cleaner, run that tank out as gas as you can and refill it with premimum again. You need to be driving more in my opinion,
Old 02-18-2013, 12:01 AM   #95
Brandonss

Drives: 2012 2SS RS Red tint coat metallic
My Camaro is a 2012 2ss/RS A6 and it has no mods .... some times with power it has is kinda spooks me a bit ... It is up to 85 mph in the blink of an eye ... just fast am I not right
Brandonss is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2013, 12:28 AM   #96
ebaugh1990
Permagrin since 2/11/13

Am I being unreasonable in thinking my Camaro has very poor build quality?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Michael2000 View Post
Is that in "D" or "S" mode on the transmission?

Michael
D mode. It starts off in 2nd, but if I floor it from a stop it downshifts then takes off.

S mode is just nasty

Quote:
I agree, my car without cats doesn't smell like rotten eggs, it smells like high octane Bad@ssness emitted through a natural speaker producing "Muscle Car Music"

Last edited by ebaugh1990; 02-18-2013 at 12:40 AM.
Old 02-18-2013, 12:37 AM   #97
ebaugh1990
Permagrin since 2/11/13

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brandonss View Post
My Camaro is a 2012 2ss/RS A6 and it has no mods .... some times with power it has is kinda spooks me a bit ... It is up to 85 mph in the blink of an eye ... just fast am I not right
I agree, my L99 is quick to get up to speed. The throttle response is insane.

Do you have AFM tuned out?

Quote:
Old 02-18-2013, 12:41 AM   #98
buckeyemike

Drives: 2012 Camaro LS
Quote:
Originally Posted by ajax. View Post
And if people don't gripe it will only get worse. I have a 2006 Charger as my daily driver on I-95 weekly for 500miles roundtrip and the Yellow paint has not once chipped/scratched/defected in any way shape or form. Not to mention it has 55,000 miles on it. No excuses here for a 40k car, especially when it has 2000 miles on it and I use more touch up paint than I do fuel.
That wasn't really the point... people just act like it's their specific car with shitty paint, and EVERY CAR HAS SHITTY PAINT NOW.
buckeyemike is offline   Reply With Quote