Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

TireRack
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Technical Camaro Topics > Suspension / Brakes / Chassis

Old 10-30-2013, 07:07 PM   #1
salvagelife

Drives: 2010 camaro ss
Bc racing coilovers help!not low enough!!

I Oder the bc racing Coilover thinking that will give me the Max drop rate over spring but seem I tap them out ? Have I or am I expecting too much of these Coilover ? Nothing wrong with these Coilover there a good coilovers for the price just want to go lower , any input will be appreciated
Attached Images

salvagelife is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2013, 07:17 PM   #2
salvagelife

Here the front

I ran out of thread adjustment
Attached Images

Old 10-30-2013, 07:30 PM   #3
DanSSRS

Drives: 2011 Camaro 1SS RS
Looks like there are 3 locking collars. You could remove the middle collar. Did that on my cobalts coils.
DanSSRS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2013, 08:17 PM   #4
bkscott

Drives: 2010 Camaro 2SS/RS
No there is something wrong with the setup. I have the BC's and mine is at the height yours is, and I still have plenty of space between the 1 and 2nd locks.

Here is how mine sits.

ADM CAI, Borla Type S Cat Back, VMAX Ported TB, LG Short Throw Shifter, 1LE Shocks, Hotchkis Sway Bars, Whiteline Cradle Bushing Inserts, Custom Powdercoated ZL1's ,Michelin Pilot Supersports, Stainless Power Headers, Solo J Pipes, AAC LED Sidemarkers, ZL1 Rockers, SLP Splitter, ADM Stage II Cam,ZL1 Diffuser,Vitesse Throttle Controller.

bkscott is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2013, 08:34 PM   #5
salvagelife

Sorry for the side pic I been posting on my I phone , I forgot to mention I'm running a 235 45 20 so is smaller that the stock tire can't go wider cause of the 8.5 wheels .
Old 10-30-2013, 08:48 PM   #6
hunterv6
Always bet on Black

Drives: 2011 turbo LS, 2012 f 150,
I am running bc as well how low do you plan to go mine are not all way down but I fear if I did what your did the car would not clear much.
Note front bumper with two inch drop note that four inch of bumper clearance

Sent from my iPad2 on space mountain
Attached Images

<font color=#0066cc>http://www.camaro5.com/forums/showthread.php?t=283263</font>
hunterv6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2013, 09:21 PM   #7
bkscott

Can't be sure from the Picture, but it looks like you lowered it using the spring seat which you are not supposed to do. That bottom lock is if for spring preload only. If I remeber correctly you adjust height by loosening the top lock and turning the shaft. If that make sense.

ADM CAI, Borla Type S Cat Back, VMAX Ported TB, LG Short Throw Shifter, 1LE Shocks, Hotchkis Sway Bars, Whiteline Cradle Bushing Inserts, Custom Powdercoated ZL1's ,Michelin Pilot Supersports, Stainless Power Headers, Solo J Pipes, AAC LED Sidemarkers, ZL1 Rockers, SLP Splitter, ADM Stage II Cam,ZL1 Diffuser,Vitesse Throttle Controller.

Old 10-30-2013, 11:45 PM   #8
salvagelife

Quote:
Originally Posted by bkscott View Post
Can't be sure from the Picture, but it looks like you lowered it using the spring seat which you are not supposed to do. That bottom lock is if for spring preload only. If I remeber correctly you adjust height by loosening the top lock and turning the shaft. If that make sense.

In my picture of the Coilover there a red mark in that ring which is the bigger ring I move that to adjust my lowering height but before that I have to loosen the lower ring before I adjust anything , but I did not mess with the spring seat , I did not do the install , I had a shop do it , hope this helps
Old 10-30-2013, 11:55 PM   #9
salvagelife

Close up of the ring , the top two are lock together and the lower one is lock to the lower part of the coilovers there a 1/16 gap separating them lol
Attached Images

Old 10-31-2013, 12:22 AM   #10
salvagelife

Quote:
Originally Posted by hunterv6 View Post
I am running bc as well how low do you plan to go mine are not all way down but I fear if I did what your did the car would not clear much.
Note front bumper with two inch drop note that four inch of bumper clearance

Sent from my iPad2 on space mountain
I measure my front spitter got 5 3/4 but this is with the factory gfx , I just want to eliminate some fender gap another 3/8 I'll be happy with , I had a g35 with only 2 inch gap but not trying to got that route anymore
Old 10-31-2013, 02:47 AM   #11
Bo White

Drives: 2015 Summit White 2SS 1LE
Be careful about going real low, the upper control arm articulation joint gets maxed out in one direction and will go bad quickly.
2010 1SS Wilkes Performance/Eagle 416 shortblock, TSP custom valvetrain, PRC 260 heads, Edelbrock Pro Flo 102, th400 swap, 8" PTC 5500 stall= 535/435 at the wheels tuned Gen 3 Performance and Dyno 10.97 @ 124 full weight in 3100 DA CamaroFest X
Bo White is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2013, 08:56 AM   #12
bkscott

Ok. They need to take a look at the setup. Looks like they lowered the spring perch instead of Adjusting the body of the coil over itself. Here is what mine looks like and I am dropped about 1.5 inches. I still have plenty of room left to drop the car. I can fit 1 finger between the wheel well and the tire.

Old 10-31-2013, 09:01 AM   #13
bkscott

This will show you how to properly adjust them. They will need to go back and reset the preload on the spring 1st, Then you can make the height adjustment. I am sorry to say this, but I don't think they new what they were doing. Hope you get it sorted out.

Old 10-31-2013, 10:10 AM   #14
salvagelife

Quote:
Originally Posted by bkscott View Post

This will show you how to properly adjust them. They will need to go back and reset the preload on the spring 1st, Then you can make the height adjustment. I am sorry to say this, but I don't think they new what they were doing. Hope you get it sorted out.
Yeah This is one of the many video and link I watch or read before touching my coilovers , going to call the today and go in to have them check it out , they do tons of Coilover for import , don't know if is any different with domestic car

Tags
bc racing, coilovers, drop, lower