Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Phastek Performance
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Engine | Drivetrain | Powertrain Technical Discussions > Camaro V8 LS3 / L99 Engine, Exhaust, and Bolt-Ons

Old 10-27-2009, 03:24 PM   #15
Becustom
ProCharged 600 + RWHP

Drives: 2SS/RS White/Hugger Orange
What more time does it need . over 3000 miles with the system on and no light.
Maybe it's because i haven't did a CAI yet.
Oh well i'm not complaining.
Old 10-27-2009, 06:13 PM   #16
B.Buster

Drives: 2010 AquaBlue 2SS/RS
Does anyone make/sell O2 simulators
B.Buster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2009, 06:34 PM   #17
ZYA_LTR

Drives: Waiting to be ordered
I believe Casper electronics should have them.
ZYA_LTR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2009, 09:23 PM   #18
camaro1

Drives: 550+RWHP 2010 camaro
Quote:
Originally Posted by ZYA_LTR View Post
I believe Casper electronics should have them.
the feds busted them a while ago and they had to refund lots of $$ and pay some big fines for selling items designed for tampering with emissions equipment:

http://teamzr1.com/ubbthreads/ubbthr...at&Number=1852

415ci stroker, TVS 2300 Magnacharger, cnc heads, cam, yank ss3200 converter, Kooks long tubes, Bwoody true cold air kit, ZL1 Pump, magnaflow 3" cat-back, lowering springs,BMR control arms and tie rod bars, 3.73 gears, diff mounts, RX can, ADM fuel controller
camaro1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2009, 12:25 PM   #19
TAG UR IT
www.Camaro5store.com

Drives: 2014 ZL1 #705
Quote:
Originally Posted by Badger View Post
Reset mine at the dealer..It came back...:(
How long did it take to come back? What kind of system do you have?
Quote:
Originally Posted by Becustom View Post
What more time does it need . over 3000 miles with the system on and no light.
Maybe it's because i haven't did a CAI yet.
Oh well i'm not complaining.
I figure mine might come back after the CAI.

However, according to the folks I was talking to, this is a new system....and the light should stay off. I will let you know if it comes back on, but he seemed pretty sure that it was going to stay off now.

I'm not going to say 100% for sure it'll stay off....just saying that so far, it's not coming back on. And, if there's anyone who knows for fact how the car does it's checks, let me know. Is it by starts, by miles, what?

Who knows?....for FACT?

Again, I was told for FACT that it was 50 starts. I'm waaaaay past that. I say fact since I was dealing with a person who's bud programmed the Camaro (helped)....and the people around us in his presence who work for GM sure as hell didn't call him a liar when he was giving us this info. Again, if it comes back on, it comes back on....I won't fret. However, I gave it some time and here we are today......no light.
TAG UR IT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2009, 06:42 PM   #20
alex33x

Drives: 2013 Camaro ZL1
I can almost guarantee you it will come back on eventually, It took Andy from ADM 3 tunes and 2 months to finally turn mine off permanently.

I tried disconnecting the battery too and it would eventually come back on.
Old 10-28-2009, 07:51 PM   #21
kelleyperformance

Drives: DD- 15' Chevy SS Sedan
yeah im a GM certified tech, as well as a tuner who has his own dyno im not trying to knock anyones spirit about not having a CEL, just trying to keep you perpared for that pesky bastard to light back up eventually. they always do :(

and yea, simulators are illegal and most places who made them have stopped due to fines and such. the only ones i know of are physical spacers that basically thread into the O2 housing, and then the O2 threads into them. it just pulls the sensor out of the pipe a little bit to trick the sensor into seeing less flow... but usually different setups require different sizes so IDK how well that will work
Old 10-29-2009, 01:49 AM   #22
TAG UR IT
www.Camaro5store.com

Hey, no problem at all...and I won't get all butt hurt when it does come back on.

I held off on saying anything...since with everything I know, it SHOULD have come back on by now. But, I'm waiting....patiently....(and would like to CONTINUE waiting for a long, long time) for that light to come back on.

If and when it does come back on, I'm more than happy to post it up for all to know.

And should it, I'll reset it...and wait once again! Really, that light is so small, it doesn't bother me at all. I put 3,000 miles on my car with that light on. Just a tiny orange light...lol
Old 10-29-2009, 02:04 AM   #23
kelleyperformance

and i hope that it doesnt come back on. i could care less about being right or wrong lol.

only real problem with a long term CEL is you have no idea if another code, potentially requiring attention, has come up.
Old 10-29-2009, 02:37 AM   #24
TAG UR IT
www.Camaro5store.com

Yep. That's EXACTLY what I'm worried about and why I don't want to disable that light. I'd rather have the code read and go from there.

For example, I dismantled my air intake with teh car ON....MISTAKE!....threw 4 more codes on top of the LT's. We fixed them all. But, I thought it was only the LT code. That could result in even more issues if not fixed!
Old 10-29-2009, 07:25 AM   #25
kelleyperformance

yea i dont mean disable the entire CEL. not at all.... you can individually "turn off" codes. basically they still report (the ones you chose) the issue,but dont illimunate the CEL. or the codes you select to disable, you can make the PCM not report them at all (ie to pass some inspections if they dont smog). every other code except the ones you disable function as normal, and the CEL still illuminates when needed

Last edited by kelleyperformance; 10-29-2009 at 12:52 PM.
kelleyperformance is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2009, 12:32 PM   #26
TAG UR IT
www.Camaro5store.com

ahhh....got it
Old 10-29-2009, 05:59 PM   #27
Badger

Drives: 2010 ABM SS #14 of 2,027
Quote:
Originally Posted by TAG UR IT View Post
How long did it take to come back? What kind of system do you have?

I figure mine might come back after the CAI.

However, according to the folks I was talking to, this is a new system....and the light should stay off. I will let you know if it comes back on, but he seemed pretty sure that it was going to stay off now.

I'm not going to say 100% for sure it'll stay off....just saying that so far, it's not coming back on. And, if there's anyone who knows for fact how the car does it's checks, let me know. Is it by starts, by miles, what?

Who knows?....for FACT?

Again, I was told for FACT that it was 50 starts. I'm waaaaay past that. I say fact since I was dealing with a person who's bud programmed the Camaro (helped)....and the people around us in his presence who work for GM sure as hell didn't call him a liar when he was giving us this info. Again, if it comes back on, it comes back on....I won't fret. However, I gave it some time and here we are today......no light.
1 7/8 Kooks LT and 3" exhaust...light came back on within a week..i should have them reset it again and see what happens...Tag how many times did you have it reset?/..just once?...did the dealership reset it? or a tuner?

-- Constitutional scholar and Supreme Court Justice Joseph Story, 1840
Badger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2009, 07:26 PM   #28
TAG UR IT
www.Camaro5store.com

I had the light come on after 5 days of owning it and 2,300 miles. It stayed on until 3 weeks ago at 3,900 or so miles. I think I am at 4,500 or so. We used turtles laptop and HP Tuners to RESET the tripped codes. That was all and still nothing.

no...we did nothing else...you guys know how I feel about my warranty!