#Camaro6
Go Back   CAMARO6 > Technical Camaro Topics > Suspension | Brakes | Chassis

Bigwormgraphix

Old 09-29-2017, 02:06 PM   #1
Scoooter12

Drives: 2016 Camaro 1lt 2.0 White
LT Rear pads to match SS Front pads

Hello everyone,

I got some brembo take offs from a member here and will be getting those put on the front of my car in short order. I have no desire to upgrade the front pads from the stock Ferodo units as everyone seems to really like them for street and tracking purposes especially considering cost.

However, I am wanting some rear pads to match the bite, torque and temp handling that the Ferodos provide. my first thought was to get the rear pads from a v6 1le... I think that's part number 23344220? but I'm not 100%.
I'm also not sure that would be a good match as I remember someone saying that the 1le v8's and v6's received different brake pads as compared to their non-1le models... and to boot I think powerstop and EBC are the only companies making pads for the LT's and street pads at that... I'm pretty well out of ideas now.

Help would be greatly appreciated!

These stock LT brakes are fine for autocross with time in between runs. But spirited mountain drives I get brake fade. On the track Im losing pedal feel and stopping power after my first hot lap around either The Ridge or Pacific Raceways. Ive even been running with no rotor deflectors and no tire deflectors to get some airflow but that only helped slightly. I haven't been running the best brake fluid but its still 520 dry boiling and ive been flushing after every event. I probably should've been flushing between track sessions but that seems ridiculous as I don't have the skills to be pushing a car THAT hard.

Sorry for the rant... short story is I'm upgrading brakes and want to make sure the back end is keeping up with the front!!!
Scoooter12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2017, 02:42 PM   #2
Chez

Drives: 2016 Camaro 2SS
I had the same issue. The V6 1LE rear pads work fine. Bleed with Motul RBF600 and you should be fine.

Did you add the brake cooling ducts?
Old 09-29-2017, 03:37 PM   #3
Scoooter12

Finding and getting the race deflectors and ducts is on my to do list. the brembos will be getting filled with RBF600 as that seems like a favorite around here. I think the front end will be solid now.

I'll try and get a hold of the v6 1le rear pads. Maybe I'm just being too OCD about having matching pads front and rear. it'd be cool to see more of the v6 1le running around giving feed back.
Old 01-02-2018, 07:14 AM   #4
outobie

Drives: 2017 2LT RS Convertible
Op what takeoffs are you running ? Are they the standard SS brembos? What parts were required to run them on your LT?

are you running SS rotors or the LT brembo upgrade rotors?

I just bought SS bare bones calipers and see there are different part numbers for the SS rotors Vs the LT brembo upgrade rotors. Any idea what the differences are?
outobie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2018, 01:04 PM   #5
Scoooter12

Ah, its you again. my take offs were from a 17 SS. I got the calipers, rotors, pads, backing plates and brake lines from the guy. you have to use the ss rotor as they are a different diameter and thickness.

Part numbers are probably different because the LT upgrade rotors have those gas dimples in them? its doesn't really matter I would just get the stock SS ones. 13590082 is what I found for the 17 Camaro SS.

Just be careful with the ABS line.
Old 01-02-2018, 08:22 PM   #6
outobie

Yep me again��

Thanks for the info

Can you elaborate on what you mean about the ABS line.

Is there an issue with the ABS line requiring some special techniques?

Thanks
Old 01-03-2018, 12:50 PM   #7
Scoooter12

No special technique. just a warning in general to try to not snag it or anything. last thing you wanna do when you're swapping brakes is end up having to replace an ABS sensor too.

its super straightforward.
Old 01-03-2018, 08:50 PM   #8
outobie

Ok great thanks