Homepage Garage Wiki Register Community Calendar Today's Posts Search
#Camaro6
Go Back   CAMARO6 > Engine | Drivetrain | Powertrain Technical Discussions > V6 LGX Engine, Exhaust, and Bolt-Ons

AWE Tuning

Old 01-18-2017, 10:32 PM   #43
GTIanZ28

Drives: 2016 V6 RS Camaro 6MT
Quote:
Originally Posted by GTIanZ28 View Post
You were absolutely correct!

I have resolved the Code for running lean. I took the intake out and checked every connection, tightened everything, and then re-installed.

Somewhere something wasn't installed properly and the fault lies entirely with me. The code is now gone and has not returned for about 2 weeks.

I think that I owe AFE an apology.
Ok since posting this I've had the check engine code pop up 2 more times. It does drop off again after a short 10 minute drive (after sitting and restarting the car).

My very uninformed opinion is that the engine is right on the edge of running lean.
Old 01-19-2017, 12:51 AM   #44
cellsafemode

Drives: 2016 Camaro 1LT
Before spending money on anything. I'd take the windows approach and reset the ECU to relearn everything. If everything is tight and all, then that would be my next move.

I've got more than a thousand miles on mine and not even a hint of a code. But I'm not running a stock tune either.
cellsafemode is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2017, 08:41 AM   #45
cohete_camaro

Drives: 2018 Camaro 2ss Red Line Edition
Sure wish the air filter would stay "blue" instead of "gray"... lol
cohete_camaro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2017, 11:19 AM   #46
IMadeYouReadThis

Drives: 02 Camaro SS 6M / 11 GMC Sierra
Quote:
Originally Posted by GTIanZ28 View Post
Ok since posting this I've had the check engine code pop up 2 more times. It does drop off again after a short 10 minute drive (after sitting and restarting the car).

My very uninformed opinion is that the engine is right on the edge of running lean.
Just wondering if you have had a chance to try disconnecting the battery for a half an hour or so and then letting the car relearn itself with the intake installed?
IMadeYouReadThis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2017, 05:47 PM   #47
Its_LouieV

Drives: 2016 Black 2LT/A8/RS/NPP
Looking to purchase one of these within the next few days, but unsure what the difference between these two are and of one is better then the other... Please enlighten me.
Attached Images

Old 05-16-2017, 06:45 PM   #48
PolynesianPowerhouse
Big Samoan ina little car

Drives: 2016 camaro
Quote:
Originally Posted by Its_LouieV View Post
Looking to purchase one of these within the next few days, but unsure what the difference between these two are and of one is better then the other... Please enlighten me.
both the same thing really. the blue filter is oiled, like a K&N and the pro dry filter is a dry filter.

dry filter: clean wash, air dry...reinstall

blue filter: clean wash, air dry, oil reinstall.

nothing more than do you want an oiled filter or not. some people get all finicky and scared they will "overoil" the filter, but if you've ever sprayed pam in a frying pan, or used a spray can to pain... its basic common logic to be honest. don't sit in one spot spraying for a whole lotta time

but those are really the only differences.

When I see posts asking "whats the best intake, exhaust, etc" .... the answer to that is like a grandfather telling his grandkids "if you put salt on a birds tail, it'll let you catch it" #ThinkAboutIt

"Winning Tip: Don't take my (or anyone else's) word for it. GO TEST IT!" - Dennis Grant
PolynesianPowerhouse is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
2016, afe, camaro, cold air intake, lgx