Homepage Garage Wiki Register Community Calendar Today's Posts Search
#Camaro6
Go Back   CAMARO6 > CAMARO6.com General Forums > 2016+ Camaro: 6th Gen Camaro general forum

Phastek Performance

Old 03-26-2016, 10:25 AM   #15
RenegadeXR

Drives: 2011 Camaro SS
Quote:
Originally Posted by Blackdevil77 View Post
So they took the car because you did some donuts? Where were you doing the donuts, a busy intersection? lol
I was going to say. I've done donuts before and haven't been arrested or had my car impounded. You just find an abandoned parking lot. Nobody cares because if you screw up, the only one paying the price is yourself. If it's private land and not a public road, it's pretty hard to enforce unless somebody files a complaint.
RenegadeXR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2016, 10:38 AM   #16
Ragnar
Destroyed by flooding

Drives: Wife's car
Maybe it was a combination of donuts!
Attached Images

Old 03-26-2016, 10:45 AM   #17
fastball
Banned

Drives: 2017 Camaro 2SS 6MT
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ant_ss View Post
lol man I love you guys. I visited the yard yesterday for the first time to retrieve some belongings, everything was in place, the car is extremely dirty but has no dents/scratches and is parked on a pretty spacious lot. there are other cars parked next to it but spaces are pretty far apart. if it comes out with no dents/scratches I'll b very happy.

If it doesn't my car club brother owns a very well established collision center so she'll b back looking new for a very well discounted price. pray for me. 1st world problems.

I'll just say I was conducting a field test to see if my car had an open differential.
....after a VERY thorough field test I've come to the conclusion that 1: police do not like donuts as much as the stigma suggest.
You sure you weren't doing anything else? Unless you were doing the donuts in the police station parking lot I find it very hard to believe they impounded your car just because you were doing donuts. Unless you were doing them on a public road. In which case is, well, pretty dumb.
fastball is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2016, 10:48 AM   #18
xmonger

Drives: Too many
America..our rights to freedom and personal property being eroded every day.

Hope you get her back quick with no damage.
xmonger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2016, 11:39 AM   #19
2016SS

Drives: 2016 Summit White 2SS
Probably saw the donuts as stunt driving or reckless

It happens hopefully your car comes out of the impound like it went in. Good luck and be safe.
2016 Camaro 2SS Summit built 3/28/16 delivered
2018 Camaro ZL1 cancelled by GM 😡
2019 Corvette 2lt Z51
2016SS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2016, 12:00 PM   #20
Netslave
GM paint evaluation dept

Drives: Too many to list
A mandatory impound for 30 days for donuts? Don't think so but good luck OP. My wife got popped for 117 in a 55 and her car did not get impounded. Had reduced driving privileges for 30 days but that was it.

- A GM factory custom orange and mosaic black striped 2016 SS 2SS
- U̶n̶o̶f̶f̶i̶c̶i̶a̶l̶l̶y̶ Officially the worst Mosaic Black paint on a 2016 Camaro SS 2SS

See him here -

https://drive.google.com/folderview?...3M&usp=sharing
Netslave is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2016, 01:03 PM   #21
misterjaayy

Drives: 2019 CTS-V
Quote:
Originally Posted by xmonger View Post
America..our rights to freedom and personal property being eroded every day.

Hope you get her back quick with no damage.
Lol. Okay. Until you kill someone else for driving like an idiot.
misterjaayy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2016, 01:24 PM   #22
6th Gen SS
LT-Won!

Drives: USB ISF 5.0
"Drives" Section u updated your temp car/rental??? Lol. Dang with rental and impound plus ticket is that 1 grand- 1,500 bucks???

Battery is going to be toast - maybe not right away but it's gonna crap out sooner than it would have imo.

Do you have an auto? Can you remote start it?

Did you have a suspended, revoked or expired license or loan car out to someone with susp, rev, or exp lic.? No insurance?

Street racing?

Donuts at the LAX drop off or middle of 405 at 3:30am?
6th Gen SS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2016, 02:24 PM   #23
Zeke.Malvo

Drives: 1969 Mustang MaCh1
It generally doesn't matter if it was on "private" property. If the lot is open to the public (off street parking), then misdemeanor vehicle codes (such as reckless driving, exhibition of speed, DUI, hit-and-run) are still enforceable in the parking lot.

In CA, the ticket will usually land you about $500 and 2 year court probation if it's the first offense, and the impound storage of about $4,000.
Old 03-26-2016, 03:16 PM   #24
Boilermaker128

Drives: 2010 CobaltSSTC
To all people saying the battery life will suffer I personally left my brand new SSTC sit in my driveway for 4 months over the first winter, 6 years and 230000km same battery sits in it.
Boilermaker128 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2016, 04:03 PM   #25
xmonger

Drives: Too many
Quote:
Originally Posted by misterjaayy View Post
Lol. Okay. Until you kill someone else for driving like an idiot.
Laughs the idiot who will one day screech his tires and get his car impounded in a place like CA, NY, etc.
xmonger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2016, 05:40 PM   #26
Number 3
Hail to the King baby!

Drives: '19 XT4 2.0T & '22 VW Atlas 2.0T
Quote:
Originally Posted by Boilermaker128 View Post
To all people saying the battery life will suffer I personally left my brand new SSTC sit in my driveway for 4 months over the first winter, 6 years and 230000km same battery sits in it.
I don't think anyone suggested battery life would suffer did they? May have missed it.

I think what most are saying is it may need a jump after sitting for 30 days. You'd be surprised at the draw even while a car just sits.
Old 03-27-2016, 12:21 AM   #27
Ant_ss

Drives: 14 1SS RS Black (rental)
Thanks everyone for your responses.
Yes I was doing donuts in a blocked off intersection by about 100 or more participants during an event that goes down EVERY Saturday night in Los Angeles (not going into details on this event cause unless youre from around here or the Bay Area probably just won't understand much). I'm 22 years old. Never been arrested or in any kind of trouble until this night. I've always been a responsible young adult been living alone, working hard and doing everything alone since 19. Wasn't drunk, have never been drunk. Chp just has a zero tolerance for ppl who attend this event.
I make very good money for my age and I have no kids or any real expenses besides my car payment and rent so I'm not worried financially as far as paying for my actions. Definitely a big learning/ growing experience. Only regret I have is not leaving the event after a few donuts like my gut told me. I don't ever attend these events but I did that night... Just can't wait to get her back and get my court day outta the way. I got hit with reckless driving/ aiding and abetting.. Hopefully They go easy on me and I'm just fined.
Ant_ss is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2016, 12:23 AM   #28
Ant_ss

Drives: 14 1SS RS Black (rental)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Number 3 View Post
I don't think anyone suggested battery life would suffer did they? May have missed it.

I think what most are saying is it may need a jump after sitting for 30 days. You'd be surprised at the draw even while a car just sits.
I will be replacing the battery with a new one and a fresh oil change just for peace of mind the day I go pick her up. Your info is much appreciated
Ant_ss is offline   Reply With Quote