Homepage Garage Wiki Register Community Calendar Today's Posts Search
#Camaro6
Go Back   CAMARO6 > CAMARO6.com General Forums > 2016+ Camaro: 6th Gen Camaro general forum

Phastek Performance

Old 08-07-2016, 07:03 PM   #15
Richard0nee

Drives: 2016 SS M6, NPP
Quote:
Originally Posted by fastball View Post
They cannot, per the Magnussen-Moss Act, void your car's warranty arbitrarily for ANY modification.

They can only void a specific factory part that fails - AFTER it fails - and it can be PROVEN your aftermarket modification is the EXACT, DIRECT cause of the failure.

So in other words, if you install the eliminator and your power window motor fails, they must honor your warranty. But if you install the eliminator and a faulty eliminator harness causes the skip shift pin to permanently stay engaged, the dealer will have to prove the eliminator harness was the exact, direct cause of the problem, then they can void warranty repair, but ONLY on the skip shift pin. Not any other part of the car.

http://www.dummies.com/home-garden/c...rranty-intact/
Oh yes, I agree my dealer is a total idiot. Well, at least the service advisors are. Yeah the act helps but I'll rather not deal with it since its not worth the time in court. like the guy with the Gen 5 camaro, had his powertrain warranty denied because of his catch can.

I'll take it off just to be safe if anything were to happen.
Richard0nee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2017, 02:28 PM   #16
Jinkz

Drives: Black 2017 ZL1
Quote:
Originally Posted by Com69 View Post
I installed the skip shift eliminator and still see the message all the time. Hill assist on the other hand, I've only seen that message once or twice, it flashes really quick. I've felt that the hill assist has kicked in many times without seeing the message.
What is the benefit of installing the skip shift eliminator.. almost sounds.. pointless?
Jinkz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2017, 02:43 PM   #17
LT4Greg

Drives: 2017 Camaro ZL1 Coupe
Neither one bothers me. The skip shift most of the time doesn't come on and after getting used to the hill assist it comes on every once in a while! Don't understand what the big deal is with both. I had skip shift in my 98 SS and the 2010 SS and it's something you get used to after driving some miles. At least in my case I did. The hill assist takes time to get used to it kicking in but to me it's a good feature. That's my 2 cents worth.
Old 03-20-2017, 04:59 PM   #18
Spanky1

Drives: 2017 2SS Summit White Camaro M6
I have the skip shift come on but the hill assist has only come on once in 2000 miles.

Spanky1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2017, 06:11 PM   #19
GAbobcat2ss

Drives: 2SS - Nightfall Grey 6m, npp, nav
Had the dealer install my skip shift when I brought her in for an oil change. Much much much better with it disabled. hated the skip shift on my Vette I had many years ago and still hate it. I bought the car I should be able to put in in 2nd gear when I want - end of story. really only bothers me when in traffic.

For the hill hold I think that is actually a handy feature. nice that it keeps the car from rolling back when on a hill and some jerk is on your bumper
GAbobcat2ss is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2017, 06:12 PM   #20
ctrlz

Drives: 2017 2SS, 50th pkg, M6, MRC, NPP
I suspect the skip shift algorithm might take vehicle attitude into account. So it might activate at a higher rpm if you are heading uphill. In South Jersey it is relatively flat, but I always seem to get the 1-4 shifts in the same places where it seems to be flat or downhill.
ctrlz is offline   Reply With Quote