Homepage Garage Wiki Register Community Calendar Today's Posts Search
#Camaro6
Go Back   CAMARO6 > Technical Camaro Topics > Suspension | Brakes | Chassis

AWE Tuning

Old 09-10-2017, 02:33 PM   #1
Gefiltefish

Drives: '17 1SS, HB 6M
CQuence Rotors?

Hey all. Anyone have experience with CQuence rotors?

I was thinking of ordering a set of their Sport Series drilled/slotted rotors for all four positions on my 2016 no-option SS.

I am just not happy with the stock rotors. I already had them turned once and figured it was time for an upgrade.

I DD my car and do autocross and a rare track day, which is why I was thinking their Sport series over the Street or Performance lines.

Other than doing a complete upgrade, I don't see a lot of options out there for rotors for our cars. Any better options than CQuence I am not thinking of?
Gefiltefish is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2017, 07:15 AM   #2
parbreak

Drives: 2017 50th Camaro SS
Not familiar with these but I did PowerStop drilled and slotted rotors along with their Z26 pads and am very happy. Great look along with being a lot less dust.
parbreak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2017, 11:38 AM   #3
Gefiltefish

Quote:
Originally Posted by parbreak View Post
Not familiar with these but I did PowerStop drilled and slotted rotors along with their Z26 pads and am very happy. Great look along with being a lot less dust.
Interesting. Did you get just front rotors or rears too?

I have not seen PowerStop rotors on any of the popular websites. Which retailer did you use?
Old 09-13-2017, 01:25 PM   #4
Camaroguy555

Drives: SUMMIT WHITE 2016 1SS NPP 6MT MRC
I got my CQuence front sport series rotors on the car and they are NOISY! They have a ton of resonance noise from the pads and almost the point of a vibration at certain brake pressures. I'm going to return to a blank rotor for my next set. They do look badass though.
Camaroguy555 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2017, 06:31 PM   #5
parbreak

I did front and rear rotors and pad from Jegs. Came as a complete kit for around $400 or so.

http://www.jegs.com/i/Power-Stop/419/K7226-26/10002/-1

Last edited by parbreak; 09-13-2017 at 06:34 PM. Reason: adding
Old 09-14-2017, 11:00 AM   #6
Gefiltefish

Quote:
I did front and rear rotors and pad from Jegs. Came as a complete kit for around $400 or so.

Thanks for the link.

I went onto Jegs and entered my car info and that kit did not come up. Darn.

I placed my CQuence order on Monday night. They charged my card but did not send me an email confirmation or tracking info yet. I likely would have gotten PowerStops if I would have known about them. I always liked their products in the past and that rotor/pad kit is a good deal.

I am not as concerned about appearance here as I am performance. The stock rotors are too soft and warped on me with autocross and street driving. So I was looking for something made out of a more quality material that can cool a little better. The autocross class I ran forbids the use of the cooling ducts, but that will change with the class I am moving to next season.
Old 09-14-2017, 12:06 PM   #7
BowtieRocket

Drives: 2016 Camaro 2SS- M6
Quote:

Did the rear rotors come in the kit?
Old 09-14-2017, 01:32 PM   #8
Camaroguy555

Drives: SUMMIT WHITE 2016 1SS NPP 6MT MRC
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gefiltefish View Post
Thanks for the link.

I went onto Jegs and entered my car info and that kit did not come up. Darn.

I placed my CQuence order on Monday night. They charged my card but did not send me an email confirmation or tracking info yet. I likely would have gotten PowerStops if I would have known about them. I always liked their products in the past and that rotor/pad kit is a good deal.

I am not as concerned about appearance here as I am performance. The stock rotors are too soft and warped on me with autocross and street driving. So I was looking for something made out of a more quality material that can cool a little better. The autocross class I ran forbids the use of the cooling ducts, but that will change with the class I am moving to next season.
Even with brake coolers I warped two sets of factory rotors and I am very careful about letting rotors cool after a session and moving the car once it is parked. I also went to CQuence for a stronger rotor and wasn't super happy about the cross drilled and slotted and it wasn't until after I ordered them I saw they have a slotted only option.
Camaroguy555 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2017, 08:49 PM   #9
parbreak

Yes, it was the complete set: front and rear drilled/slotted rotors and pads for all 4 corners. $401 from Jegs.
Old 09-15-2017, 07:27 AM   #10
BowtieRocket

Drives: 2016 Camaro 2SS- M6
Quote:
Yes, it was the complete set: front and rear drilled/slotted rotors and pads for all 4 corners. $401 from Jegs.
Ok kewl. Looked like just the fronts in the link