Homepage Garage Wiki Register Community Calendar Today's Posts Search
#Camaro6
Go Back   CAMARO6 > CAMARO6.com General Forums > 2016+ Camaro: 6th Gen Camaro general forum

BeckyD @ James Martin Chevy

Old 09-19-2016, 08:50 PM   #1
Junga

Drives: Future Camparo owner
Blue Velvet Metallic / Tires in rain!

Hey everyone!

I have a 2SS Blue Velvet Metallic, NPP, MRC. I don't think that it is a common color because I keep looking at the, "What did you do to your Camaro today?" section and I think I only saw one or two of them. Does anyone have the same color SS that can post pictures of mods they have? I am thinking about purchasing the tinted rear lights and putting black bowties on it. Any suggestions or thoughts? Also, thoughts on color combinations? It's already a dark blue!

Separate topic....how is driving in the rain for you all? I have the stock tires (don't know the name off the top of my head butttt....it's pretty scary if you hit any water on the highway. My car literally slides lol. I don't know its because I'm new to the rear wheel drive or if it is the summer performance tires. Any advice there? Literally scared the shit out of me a couple times. Anyways, I'm glad to be part of this community. I love my Camaro!
Junga is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2016, 08:51 PM   #2
cellsafemode

Drives: 2016 Camaro 1LT
this not good enough ?
http://www.camaro6.com/forums/showthread.php?t=437880
cellsafemode is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2016, 08:58 PM   #3
Com69
Banned

Drives: 2016 Camaro 2SS 6M Nightfall Gray
Can't comment on the color part but the tires are SUMMER only, meaning dry and warm. They are Goodyear Eagle F1 Asymmetric 3 RunOnFlat tires. I would suggest going with an all season if this is to be your dd.
Com69 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2016, 09:08 PM   #4
Junga

Quote:
Originally Posted by Com69 View Post
Can't comment on the color part but the tires are SUMMER only, meaning dry and warm. They are Goodyear Eagle F1 Asymmetric 3 RunOnFlat tires. I would suggest going with an all season if this is to be your dd.
Any recommendations for all season? Will this prevent the sliding or reduce it more?
Old 09-19-2016, 09:09 PM   #5
Junga

Quote:
Originally Posted by cellsafemode View Post
I did see that. There were a few silver stripes and one or two black bowties. Also looking for the tinted lights! Thank you!!
Old 09-19-2016, 09:16 PM   #6
Hyper16
A Heartbeat Away.........

Drives: Not As Fast As I Would Like To
Quote:
Originally Posted by Junga View Post
I did see that. There were a few silver stripes and one or two black bowties. Also looking for the tinted lights! Thank you!!
Check the New Dark Taillight Thread. Prob find something in there.

http://www.camaro6.com/forums/showth...ght=taillights
2016 Hyper Blue Metallic 2SS | A8 | MRC | Sunroof | Nav | Mishimoto Catch Can | GM CAI | Hurst Shifter | Borla S-Type Exhaust | Body Color Splash Guards | 1LE Splitter | GM Dark Tail Lights | ZL1 Third Brake Light | Custom Fuel Door, Badges & Bowties | Oracle Side Markers | Blacked Out Stuff | Opti-Coat Pro+

The problem with this world is stupidity.
I'm not saying there should be penalties for stupidity,
but why don't we just take the warning labels off everything and let the problem solve itself.
Hyper16 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2016, 07:22 AM   #7
mt3130

Drives: Coupeless :(
The poor performance of the summer tires in wet conditions are disappointing for a max performance summer tire. One of the defining characteristics of summer tires is that they have strong wet performance because, shocker, it rains a lot in the summer.

http://www.minimumtread.com/goodyear...-3-review.html

Here is a good review that seems to include reviews performed on various sites. Tire Rack's conclusion on the tire is that it was out of place in a competition versus the PSS and P Zero, which is a bit disappointing. I also found it interesting that the site noted good (albeit not as good as the PSS or P Zero) wet traction and braking, but merely average hydroplaning resistance.
mt3130 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2016, 07:38 AM   #8
Com69
Banned

Drives: 2016 Camaro 2SS 6M Nightfall Gray
I don't have any recommendations, sorry. My Camaro isn't my dd and is only driven on dry pavement so I haven't even thought to look into the wet performance of the tires.
Com69 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2016, 07:50 AM   #9
Sev

Drives: 2016 2SS / 2004 Tacoma
OP - page 137, mid way down shows. BVM with all blackout.
http://www.camaro6.com/forums/showthread.php?t=408664

"I'm going to drink you pretty, beautiful toad"
Sev is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2016, 07:56 AM   #10
BLUE_OKIE_SS

Drives: 2016 Blue Velvet Camaro 2ss M6
I have a BVM ss and I am curious as to what the blackout taillights would look like also. It is hard finding color combos for sure but I love red accents with the BVM. I have blacked out the side markers, rear reflectors and rear middle light with phastek vinyl strips, also put them on my headlights. I painted my brake calipers with the red G2 kit , and also put some red vinyl grille accents on. I also have the black LPO bowties(outlined in silver), don't know which bowties you are looking to see, since these are on the BVM thread?? But yes seems that the BVM is an uncommon color only like 2-3% or something like that. You either love it or hate it or so it seems....... However, the number one compliment i get is always about the color!
BLUE_OKIE_SS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2016, 08:02 AM   #11
BLUE_OKIE_SS

Drives: 2016 Blue Velvet Camaro 2ss M6
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sev View Post
OP - page 137, mid way down shows. BVM with all blackout.
http://www.camaro6.com/forums/showthread.php?t=408664
I knew someone would find it! lol
BLUE_OKIE_SS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2016, 08:24 AM   #12
avalonandl

Drives: 2019 ZL-1
The wide tires the camaro has have issues and may tend to hydroplane in deep puddles.
avalonandl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2016, 09:08 AM   #13
Sev

Drives: 2016 2SS / 2004 Tacoma
Quote:
Originally Posted by BLUE_OKIE_SS View Post
I knew someone would find it! lol
- I only knew where it was, since I was the requester for the photos hehe. Had to see what our BVMs would look like with full blackout.

"I'm going to drink you pretty, beautiful toad"
Sev is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2016, 10:07 AM   #14
SPARTAN sui
PC Technician

Drives: 2016 Hyper Blue 2SS
Quote:
Originally Posted by Junga View Post
Any recommendations for all season? Will this prevent the sliding or reduce it more?
I like my Continental ExtremeContact DWS06 tires. I don't plan on running them in the winter as our winters are brutal here in ND. But they seem to handle fine in all other weather conditions. I have over 4,500 miles on them now and I have had no issues.