Homepage Garage Wiki Register Community Calendar Today's Posts Search
#Camaro6
Go Back   CAMARO6 > Technical Camaro Topics > Camaro Issues / Problems | Warranty Discussions | TSB and Recalls

AWE Tuning

Old 07-15-2016, 12:31 PM   #1
1sspat
Tampa Gulf Coast Family

Drives: 2016 2SS, 6SP, NPP, MRC, NAV
Whistling Noise

When I am cruising at speeds of greater than 55MPH I hear a whistling noise which sounds like it is coming from the driver side window. Brought the car in to be serviced for this and the dealer is saying that is normal and is going to allow me to drive another on the lot to put my fears to rest. Is anyone else having this issue and is it normal? Sorry if this has been discussed already.
Old 07-15-2016, 12:39 PM   #2
Richard0nee

Drives: 2016 SS M6, NPP
I have it.. wind noise, slight whistling noise (mine is wind noise) can definitely be heard inside the cabin at highway speeds. There's a thread in here, a handful of us have it as well..

Oh well and that's the only complaint really.. Oh and no seatbelt holders lol
Richard0nee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2016, 01:14 PM   #3
JoshuaHyperblue2ss

Drives: 2016 Hyper Blue 2SS
I installed mishomoto Intake. Started hearing all kinds of whistling noises. But looks like it's a head issue that aftermarket intakes amplify
Aesthetics:
15% 3m Tint all around/phastek full blackout kit
Debaged sides, Tinted inner tail lights, Black Bow Ties, 20 Black 5 spoke rims
JoshuaHyperblue2ss is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2016, 01:50 PM   #4
Number 3
Hail to the King baby!

Drives: '19 XT4 2.0T & '22 VW Atlas 2.0T
Wind "whistle" is NOT normal. Yes, you may hear wind "rush" but I believe the Camaro has laminated side glass which should make this much less noticeable.
Old 07-15-2016, 01:54 PM   #5
R3DLT1
Toyota Tech

Drives: 2SS A8
no noise coming from my window
R3DLT1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2016, 06:05 PM   #6
1sspat
Tampa Gulf Coast Family

Update.....so I went back to the dealer and test drove a 1SS A8 and did not experience the whistling noise at the same speeds. So the technician that test drove it at first was the one who advised this was normal. Now a service manager is going to look at it tomorrow and try to diagnose the issue.
Old 07-15-2016, 06:10 PM   #7
Mikey LikesIt

Drives: 2016 Black Camaro 2SS A8
Yep there's a long thread about this somewhere here. I get the noise at exactly 40mph and up as does at least 1 other guy here.

I need to take it in and get it fixed but fear they won't resolve my problem. I hate Chevy dealerships.
Mikey LikesIt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2016, 06:30 PM   #8
samsumon

Drives: 4 wheels
I'm the guy that started the thread.

Get your side mirrors replaced... multiple times until the noise goes away. I had GM engineers come out to my shop themselves. I was 12 hours from getting a new car until the issue was fixed....

OEM side mirror caused the issue
replacement mirrors STILL caused the issue
THIRD and final set fixed the issue

Tell you dealer to call me and I will set them straight. Seriously, PM me for my number and Ill gladly chew them the **** out. Or do what I did to mine, "if 4 cars on your lot are lined up and they make the noise, ill donate 1k to charity under your name".. Shut them the **** up. Then called GM directly and got a District manager who got the engineers involved.. The guy was AMAZING and if it wasn't for him, I'd have gone nuts.

Again, tell your dealer to go **** themselves and call me in the process. I'm that angry and passionate about showing them how idiotic they can be sometimes after the ****ing mess they put me through.\

In the end I got one months car payment taken off and a $1500 GM certificate for accessories.
samsumon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2016, 06:31 PM   #9
samsumon

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mikey LikesIt View Post
Yep there's a long thread about this somewhere here. I get the noise at exactly 40mph and up as does at least 1 other guy here.

I need to take it in and get it fixed but fear they won't resolve my problem. I hate Chevy dealerships.
at 41 is when the noise comes in; correct.. This is a issue with the mirrors and their housing.
Old 07-15-2016, 06:52 PM   #10
Mikey LikesIt

Drives: 2016 Black Camaro 2SS A8
Quote:
Originally Posted by samsumon View Post

Get your side mirrors replaced... multiple times until the noise goes away. I had GM engineers come out to my shop themselves. I was 12 hours from getting a new car until the issue was fixed....

Tell you dealer to call me and I will set them straight. Seriously, PM me for my number and Ill gladly chew them the **** out. Or do what I did to mine, "if 4 cars on your lot are lined up and they make the noise, ill donate 1k to charity under your name".. Shut them the **** up. Then called GM directly and got a District manager who got the engineers involved.. The guy was AMAZING and if it wasn't for him, I'd have gone nuts.

Again, tell your dealer to go **** themselves and call me in the process. I'm that angry and passionate about showing them how idiotic they can be sometimes after the ****ing mess they put me through.\

In the end I got one months car payment taken off and a $1500 GM certificate for accessories.
PMed. If you can back me up in the event of an ignorant claim I'd be so thankful and hopefully return the favor to you and/or others in some way.
Mikey LikesIt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2016, 08:14 PM   #11
1sspat
Tampa Gulf Coast Family

Quote:
Originally Posted by samsumon View Post

Cool man. Thanks! Hopefully it won't get to the point where I need you calling my dealership. But if they can't/won't fix it, that noise might drive me to crazy town. I really appreciate the information, I will pass it along to them in the morning. Life Saver!!
Old 07-15-2016, 08:20 PM   #12
SirReptar

Drives: 2016 1LT RS Hyper Blue Metallic
What was the problem with the mirrors? Loose fitted? Will I be able to notice if they are incorrectly placed or fitted?
SirReptar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2016, 11:40 PM   #13
samsumon

You guys fail to realize the dealer will NOT do shit.. The car LOOKS and performs how they see it as being perfect. The mirror shows NO defects AT all and having the mirror (at least in my case) replaced did not solve the issue the first time. They had to try 3 sets of mirrors.

Trust me, bring your guns (me) from the get go and save the trouble. Repay me however you want, pizza works... In all seriousness, this is a bullshit claim because dealers won't wanna fix it due to them not being able to prove to GM there is an issue.

They don't want to replace the mirrors because they are afraid GM won't repay them for the parts.
Old 07-15-2016, 11:42 PM   #14
samsumon

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1sspat View Post
Cool man. Thanks! Hopefully it won't get to the point where I need you calling my dealership. But if they can't/won't fix it, that noise might drive me to crazy town. I really appreciate the information, I will pass it along to them in the morning. Life Saver!!
Actually, how about you call me tomorrow and I send you to my dealer in Clearwater..

once you tell the you have wind whistling, and tell them I SENT YOU, they will very...very..very.... quickly get you in and fixed. You literally just call one person, tell them i sent you for the SAME issue... and well, youll have gold on your hands