Homepage Garage Wiki Register Community Calendar Today's Posts Search
#Camaro6
Go Back   CAMARO6 > CAMARO6.com General Forums > 2016+ Camaro: 6th Gen Camaro general forum

AWE Tuning

Old 01-14-2016, 11:17 AM   #29
ohhhh-cam

Drives: 2016 Black 2SS
I'm a first time manual car owner with this Camaro and I've kind of been alternating between coasting and downshifting. If its a definite stop then I will coast, but, with active rev match I LOVE the sound the engine makes when you down shift.

After reading this thread and finding no consensus on positives or negatives I guess I will keep on doing what I'm doing.
Old 09-23-2016, 08:11 AM   #30
RATED V

Drives: 2016 Camaro Six 1SS LT1 Mosaic
Quote:
Originally Posted by Camaro1LTBA View Post
I posted this in another thread, but really deserves its own as I think that thread is out of gas. Hijacking my own threads lol.

Anyway, I've skimmed through the entire owners manual and thoroughly read some of the sections and came away with a few observations and questions.

First, I'm thankful for the 2014 as the layout seems similar so not jumping into something completely foreign interior wise. Secondly, there are many different settings and whatnot that need to be configured when I get the car. Lots of electronics.

My questions were regarding the manual transmission and the dual mode exhaust.

When I park my 5th gen 6 speed, I stop the car, hold down the clutch, shift into first, pull the E brake, then turn the key shutting the car off. With the new Camaro it seems I should shift into neutral holding down the clutch then press the electronic brake button, then power button?

A bit confused as I've been parking in gear since I was a teenager. I also noticed that I shouldn't be shifting into neutral and coasting to a stop (which I frequently do), but should be downshifting instead. Any thoughts from those with manual transmissions would be appreciated.

For those with NPP, I went to the find new roads tour and had a rep there rev the V6 then he had asked if I wanted to hear the V8 and of course I wasn't going to say no. I planned on getting a 6 at the time until I was at $39-40K for one.

Anyway, after reading the manual and having to break in for 1500 miles, I'm likely going to leave the mode in "tour". With the option to personalize everything, I was curious if anyone has the car running in "tour" with the exhaust on "track"... or is that too much? Or just personal preference? I'm sure that the NPP sounds great in "sport" as well, but read that it's fully open in "track" mode.

Personally, I prefer louder on the exhaust, just not sure if leaving the exhaust in "track" while everything else is in "tour" is fine. Just some of the things I ran into going through the owners manual that I thought I'd ask.

Thanks for any input as my car will be shipping tomorrow... well technically today, been up all night. Very, very excited. Will be a great day when the car gets here!

Hey I keep my steering in "track" I keep my computer in sport and my exhaust in sport. I think that is what works best for my sound? each time I use my park break, the (button) it makes a loud housing clicking noise. Its terrible! Its right behind the driver rear wheel. I want to get it replaced.
RATED V is offline   Reply With Quote