Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

TireRack
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > Camaro Price | Ordering | Tracking | Dealers Discussions

Old 09-20-2012, 11:29 PM   #1
Smokye

Drives: 2013 SW 2SS/RS M6
Love It/ Leave It Program

Just curious did anyone actually take this offer over the $500 and why?? If so did anyone return there car during this entire event??
Smokye is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2012, 11:38 PM   #2
06_warrior

Drives: 2012 1SS LS3 M6 black on black :)
I already bought a 2012 V6 and traded it for a 2012 SS. I knew i was keeping the car so i took the xtra $500.00 off on the deal. Every bit helps
06_warrior is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2012, 12:36 AM   #3
2013Ashen2SSRS

Drives: 2013 Ashen 2SS RS
My salesman never told me about this offer, just that I was getting $500 off or something like that, so I figured it was the current incentive. Had he told me about the love it or return it deal then I would have taken that and then probably truned in my SS and upgraded to the ZL1. No turning back now, though I still love my SS. I think it would have been a better outcome for the dealer had the salesman told me about that deal and not just $500 off.
2013Ashen2SSRS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2012, 12:38 AM   #4
2013Ashen2SSRS

Drives: 2013 Ashen 2SS RS
I guess it is my fault for not knowing the current incentives when I walked in the door...I can tell you next time I will do my homework better!!
2013Ashen2SSRS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2012, 12:57 AM   #5
06_warrior

Drives: 2012 1SS LS3 M6 black on black :)
Quote:
Originally Posted by 2013Ashen2SSRS View Post
I guess it is my fault for not knowing the current incentives when I walked in the door...I can tell you next time I will do my homework better!!
I didn't know anything going to the dealer. I looked on line and seen my car at a dealer 30 miles away cuz the dumas dealership i bought my V6 from in my town, well put it this way . When i went to the dealer that had my SS it was on a paper with the $500.00 off hanging from the rear view mirror. Other than that i probably wouldn't of even known about it.
06_warrior is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2012, 01:09 AM   #6
Smokye

I went with the love it/ return it deal instead of the $500.. When I told this to the finance manager he blew a gasket and didn't have a clue how it worked. After 2hrs of phone calls begging for help he finally "figured it out".
Old 09-21-2012, 09:55 AM   #7
MiracleAces

Drives: 2011 Black Camaro 2SS/RS Coupe
I dont know why anyone (who was properly informed of course) would skip the $500 for the Love it or Return guarantee. You have to jump through a number of hoops to return the vehicle and you lose A LOT of money doing so. You do not get back the processing fee or the taxes. GM considers the vehicle being returned as used (they compensate the dealership who now sells the vehicle as used) so the goverment considers the sale as complete - you lose your taxes. If you were flipped on your trade in - you must also pay the negative difference to the bank first and you wont get your trade in back. That's just a few issues... not worth it in my opinion.

"Being persistant and never giving up may not always get the job done, but it just may annoy someone else enough to make it worth your while."
MiracleAces is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2012, 10:12 AM   #8
PsychoZL1

Drives: 2015 Challenger SRT
Quote:
Originally Posted by MiracleAces View Post
You have to jump through a number of hoops to return the vehicle and you lose A LOT of money doing so. You do not get back the processing fee or the taxes. GM considers the vehicle being returned as used (they compensate the dealership who now sells the vehicle as used) so the goverment considers the sale as complete - you lose your taxes. If you were flipped on your trade in - you must also pay the negative difference to the bank first and you wont get your trade in back. That's just a few issues... not worth it in my opinion.
I knew there was a gimmick to that program! Glad I didn't do it.
PsychoZL1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2012, 10:26 AM   #9
Smokye

Quote:
Originally Posted by MiracleAces View Post
I dont know why anyone (who was properly informed of course) would skip the $500 for the Love it or Return guarantee. You have to jump through a number of hoops to return the vehicle and you lose A LOT of money doing so. You do not get back the processing fee or the taxes. GM considers the vehicle being returned as used (they compensate the dealership who now sells the vehicle as used) so the goverment considers the sale as complete - you lose your taxes. If you were flipped on your trade in - you must also pay the negative difference to the bank first and you wont get your trade in back. That's just a few issues... not worth it in my opinion.

I paid $40,200 for my car if returned I would get $38,900 yeah you'll lose a little but not to much.
Old 09-21-2012, 10:43 AM   #10
woodj

Drives: 2SS/RS RJT Vert
Quote:
Originally Posted by Smokye View Post
I paid $40,200 for my car if returned I would get $38,900 yeah you'll lose a little but not to much.
So you would have lost $1300 for a two month rental? Is that correct?

Seems like if you weren't sure about buying a particular model you could rent one for a week and make up your mind.
Old 09-21-2012, 11:06 AM   #11
Smokye

Yup I didn't know how to drive stick when I bought it so I wanted to be safe. Im guessing That's about what it would cost to rent a camaro for 2months actually cheaper...
Old 09-21-2012, 11:50 AM   #12
woodj

Quote:
Originally Posted by Smokye View Post
Yup I didn't know how to drive stick when I bought it so I wanted to be safe. Im guessing That's about what it would cost to rent a camaro for 2months actually cheaper...
Well we all do things that some people would call dumb I guess so $1300 wouldn't be a terrible amount. I bought my wife a 2011 V6 and she decided it was too big for her and I didn't want to drive a V6. I took a $4000 bath when I traded it in on my SS convertible. But I'm happier driving the SS and I would not have driven the other one.
Old 09-21-2012, 12:49 PM   #13
RJTV6A

Drives: 69 Camaro I6 no prob,11 V6 big prob
I heard that about 1% of people that took the Love it or return it program actually returned the car.

So of the few that took that option only a tiny amount actually brought the car back. Not bad if it helped sway a small % into a GM product they were slightly unsure about.

Go to the car rental place and try to rent a Camaro for a week. I'll betcha it would be close to a g note.
RJTV6A is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2012, 12:53 PM   #14
woodj

Quote:
Originally Posted by RJTV6A View Post
I heard that about 1% of people that took the Love it or return it program actually returned the car.

So of the few that took that option only a tiny amount actually brought the car back. Not bad if it helped sway a small % into a GM product they were slightly unsure about.

Go to the car rental place and try to rent a Camaro for a week. I'll betcha it would be close to a g note.
That would be $142 a day. I hope that you could do a lot better than that.