Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Phastek Performance
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Technical Camaro Topics > Garage / Tools Discussions

Old 06-14-2015, 07:39 PM   #1
nitto85
Caffeine Injected

Drives: 13 Ram - 05 Widebody 1050rwhp Vette
Detached Garage with Apartment Estimate?

Hey, I know quite a few of you have had garages built.

Any idea on what sort of pricing I would see on building a detached garage with a decent sized apartment above? Garage would likely need to be a 3 car, with the ceiling hopefully being high enough for a lift, and I would like it deep enough so that there is room around the cars and not just squeezed in there.

Lets assume I do all the finishing like painting and having the flooring laid myself, but electrical and plumbing would all need to be already done. The lift although I know they're not super expensive, can come later.

I know you can't figure exactly, but what sort of ball park would I be looking at?

I work for a plumbing supply company, so anything like tubs/showers, water heaters, fixtures I can get pretty good deals on.
nitto85 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2015, 10:19 PM   #2
IL SS 1988

Drives: 2014 White SS
Detached garage

In our neighborhood, I know of three people who built two car detached garage with an upstairs. The upstairs wasn't even finished and I know they had $60,000 in them. Now these were upscale with full brick, expensive windows, etc. Contractor did 100%

I built a 2 car 26' x 28' with attic trusses, full, brick, and unfinished interior. I did 50% of the work except for the masonry. I had $30,000 into it when it was said and done. But like i said it was full brick, dormers, and $2500 of windows.
This was the St. Louis area.

I would guess you would have $40,000 in it if the interior was finished and you did some of the work yourself with vinyl siding, cheaper windows and doors. You could easily be over $100,000 for a top of the line product 100% done by a contractor.

Go to eplans or one of the numerous online garage plan sites and there are some amazing apartment garages.
IL SS 1988 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2015, 11:26 PM   #3
nitto85
Caffeine Injected

Drives: 13 Ram - 05 Widebody 1050rwhp Vette
Sweet, thanks for the tips.
This would not need to be super fancy, its just a middle class neighborhood, I think that pricing in kinda in line with what I was hoping for.
nitto85 is offline   Reply With Quote